Galaxy S II 2.3.6 update kills battery life

Galaxy S II 2.3.6 update kills battery life

I am really disappointed with both AT&T and Samsung for releasing this official update and then not even admitting that they have a problem.  My battery life was cut in half immediately after I received the official 2.3.6 update.  Even when the phone is on standby it will now barely last 12 hours.  Prior to the update I only had to charge it every other day.  Has anyone been able to get AT&T to admit that the 2.3.6 ROM is the problem or have you all been told the phone/battery needs to be replaced?

Message 1 of 35 (9,242 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Galaxy S II 2.3.6 update kills battery life

That is also an acceptable solution for me.  Even though I will probably need to pay more to get another phone, at this point I am ok with that because I am really not trying to gain in the situation.

The i777 was working wonderfully in 2.3.4 even though i hit the AP mobile bug but ATT was able to waive the data overcharges.  I could easier have the phone standby for just over 2 days in 2.3.4.  Now with 2.3.6 it standby for half a day without active usage.  Please excuse me for using the android OS versions instead of the firmware baseband name, I understand it has nothing to do with OS versions.

Message 31 of 35 (2,419 Views)
Mentor

Just to report back, the representative who promoised to call last friday never did. 

I called in on monday night to follow up and asked to be escalated to an individual that can help me.  After transfering back and forth and explain the case 2 more times for 2 hours, my call was dropped and did not get a call back.

I called them back and waiting in queue for 40 mins and finally got a person who said she would take ownership of the issue and call me back on tuesday at 2pm.  That didn't happen just yet.  

I am not sure what is going on with ATT's customer service but it is pretty clear they are not taking any ownership of this UCKK6 batttery issue.  I spent about 6 hours so far on the phone and nothing came out of it yet.

Message 32 of 35 (2,219 Views)
Teacher

yes, im also a sad victim of this dam.ned software bug.. i love my galaxy s2.. i hate the battery life thanks to a broken update and **** tech crew who broke it to make you buy galaxy s3

Message 33 of 35 (2,206 Views)

takuyaah wrote:

Just to report back, the representative who promoised to call last friday never did. 

I called in on monday night to follow up and asked to be escalated to an individual that can help me.  After transfering back and forth and explain the case 2 more times for 2 hours, my call was dropped and did not get a call back.

I called them back and waiting in queue for 40 mins and finally got a person who said she would take ownership of the issue and call me back on tuesday at 2pm.  That didn't happen just yet.  

I am not sure what is going on with ATT's customer service but it is pretty clear they are not taking any ownership of this UCKK6 batttery issue.  I spent about 6 hours so far on the phone and nothing came out of it yet.

Yeah, the guy I knew who got his refund probably had to spend 4+ hours on the phone...

It's ridiculous that AT&T won't take responsibility for this broken update - it is 100% on them considering that Samsung fixed it in December on the I9100.

Message 34 of 35 (2,172 Views)
Mentor

Well surprise! None of the 3 employees of ATT called me back after setting up specific appointments.  I have decided to stop trying to go through the same process now.  I have all the call log and names of employees on this request for external complaint process to show I have gone past all reasonable channels.

Anyway as to my phone, I flashed an ICS rom from xda forum and the battery problem went away instantly and now my phone is rock solid and probably better than any rom ATT will come up with so I am ok with that.  Unfortunately all the non-tech savvy people will have to suffer.

Message 35 of 35 (1,901 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.