Galaxy S 2: Muffled Call Quality

Tutor

Galaxy S 2: Muffled Call Quality

I've had my SGS2 for a few days now, and I am beginning to get concerned over the volume and quality of the microphone and speakerphone.

When talking to a family member who also has a SGS2, they often come through muffled. When using the speakerphone, I can also hear myself echo through as well.

Has anyone else picked up on this? After some researching I've found some dev codes to try to edit some volume options behind the scenes only to find that the menu runs into a dead end pretty early on. (I can get into this in more detail if need be.)

Message 1 of 5 (1,065 Views)
Mentor

Re: Galaxy S 2: Muffled Call Quality

I would take it back.  My call volume is awesome.  One of my biggest gripes about the iPhone4 was the call volume sucked, especially in my diesel truck.   And I did every hack, jailbreak, tweak you could do on it with no real help.  Even returned it for a different one and it was the same. 

I actually had to turn the volume down from full on the S2.

Message 2 of 5 (1,044 Views)
Mentor

And I have the Ballistic case on it from ATT.

Message 3 of 5 (1,043 Views)
Scholar

EightM wrote:

When talking to a family member who also has a SGS2, they often come through muffled. When using the speakerphone, I can also hear myself echo through as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the other "family member who also has a SGS2" have the same problem??
My GS2's speakerphone works perfectly and I haven't seen anyone else report this problem here so I would  say it obvious this issue is an isolated problem concerning your phone.. Just return it to your local AT&T Store and get a new one, don't wait for after 30 days AT&T will send you a refurb vs taking it back to the story within the 30 day window and receiving a brand new one.. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,002 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I would definitely get another unit from wherever you purchased, the LOUD and bright Speakerphone was a selling point for me on the device and has been wonderful.

As for normal calls - I haven't had an experience on a smartphone yet that was as clear as the old pre-smart generation of phones so I've just decided that is a feature I have to give up to have a smartphone.
Message 5 of 5 (932 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.