Galaxy S 2. Home button or no home button?

Contributor

Galaxy S 2. Home button or no home button?

I was about to go a head and order a case and screens for the Galaxy S 2 since AT&T finally announced it was coming out 10/02. Everything I've read says the AT&T version will have 3 buttons including a physical home button. Pics of the screens and case even have a spot cut out for the home button.

BUT the pics on Samsung.com and AT&T.com show the phone with 4 buttons. NO physical home button. 

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: Galaxy S 2. Home button or no home button?

You read it wrong. AT&T version will have 4 touch buttons. No physical home button. Physical home button is for international versions and the case may not fit.
Message 2 of 4
Master

foxbat121 wrote:
You read it wrong. AT&T version will have 4 touch buttons. No physical home button. Physical home button is for international versions and the case may not fit.
I'm glad that the AT&T version will have the traditional four option buttons. I wasn't digging the three of them only, especially the larger one in the middle.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 4
Master

Wild Banchi wrote:
I'm glad that the AT&T version will have the traditional four option buttons. I wasn't digging the three of them only, especially the larger one in the middle.

The Home button on internation version has two prblems:

1. It's a cheap plastic button and over time it gets loose and noisy.

2. It makes the phone look too much like iPhone. No wonder Apple sues Samsung all over the world.

The Captivate is the same story vs international version of Galaxy S. Just hope Samsung improved those touch buttons so that they don't accidentally get activated all by itself like a lot of Captivates do.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support