Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 29, 2012
1:57:25 PM
View profile
Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?

Hey. Smiley Happy I'm currently using the LG Prime with AT&T GoPhone. And I was considering the purchase of the unlocked Galaxy Nexus from Google. Can I still use my GoPhone service with it? Smiley Happy Thanks.

Hey. Smiley Happy I'm currently using the LG Prime with AT&T GoPhone. And I was considering the purchase of the unlocked Galaxy Nexus from Google. Can I still use my GoPhone service with it? Smiley Happy Thanks.

Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 3:56:06 PM
(0)
Professor

rickace wrote:

Yes. Your GoPhone service will work. The Galaxy Nexus is a smartphone. Therefore, you will need a data plan if you want to use web, e-mail and facebook outdoor.

The nice thing about a GoPhone is that you are not required to have a data plan. You can just use WiFI for web, e-mail and facebook.

rickace wrote:

Yes. Your GoPhone service will work. The Galaxy Nexus is a smartphone. Therefore, you will need a data plan if you want to use web, e-mail and facebook outdoor.

The nice thing about a GoPhone is that you are not required to have a data plan. You can just use WiFI for web, e-mail and facebook.

Re: Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?

2 of 7 (7,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 6:43:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hi! Smiley Happy Thank you very much for the answer. Would you know how I could make it work? Do I just change the sim from my non-smartphone to the unlocked Galaxy Nexus? 

Hi! Smiley Happy Thank you very much for the answer. Would you know how I could make it work? Do I just change the sim from my non-smartphone to the unlocked Galaxy Nexus? 

3 of 7 (7,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 7:06:26 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Jun 29, 2012 at 7:08:41 PM

Yes. Just move the SIM from your non-smartphone to the unlocked Galaxy Nexus. If the Galaxy Nexus includes a SIM card, you can just keep the new SIM in your drawer. You do not need to activate the Nexus.

"There are known knowns. There are known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns." Donald Rumsfeld

Yes. Just move the SIM from your non-smartphone to the unlocked Galaxy Nexus. If the Galaxy Nexus includes a SIM card, you can just keep the new SIM in your drawer. You do not need to activate the Nexus.

"There are known knowns. There are known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns." Donald Rumsfeld

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (7,260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2012 5:05:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

Really? Smiley Surprised That sounds great! Smiley Happy However, I know that on my non-smartphone, it's built to handle AT&T alerts. Say if I call someone, it informs me the amount of cash that was substracted. And there's also an account center in the menu. That's why I was worried GoPhone Sims may not work with the Galaxy Nexus? Thanks.

Really? Smiley Surprised That sounds great! Smiley Happy However, I know that on my non-smartphone, it's built to handle AT&T alerts. Say if I call someone, it informs me the amount of cash that was substracted. And there's also an account center in the menu. That's why I was worried GoPhone Sims may not work with the Galaxy Nexus? Thanks.

5 of 7 (7,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2012 6:15:52 AM
(0)
Tutor
And also, isn't your GoPhone SIM locked to the original GoPhone, you purchased it with?
And also, isn't your GoPhone SIM locked to the original GoPhone, you purchased it with?

6 of 7 (7,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2012 9:06:04 AM
(0)
Professor

rickace wrote:

I would venture a guess that the alerts will be available because you can turn it on/off from the online account management. If it's already ON, you don't need to do anything.

You are right about the account center. That will need to be manually transfered to the new phone. Glad you mentioned it. You can also transfer your contacts manually if feasible. If you have many contacts, you may want to go to an AT&T store for help in transferring your contacts to the new phone.

rickace wrote:

Yes. You are right again. The GoPhone SIM may be locked to the old phone if you had it for less than 6 months. If the SIM is locked, you can go to an AT&T store and they will gladly unlock it for you.

rickace wrote:

I would venture a guess that the alerts will be available because you can turn it on/off from the online account management. If it's already ON, you don't need to do anything.

You are right about the account center. That will need to be manually transfered to the new phone. Glad you mentioned it. You can also transfer your contacts manually if feasible. If you have many contacts, you may want to go to an AT&T store for help in transferring your contacts to the new phone.

rickace wrote:

Yes. You are right again. The GoPhone SIM may be locked to the old phone if you had it for less than 6 months. If the SIM is locked, you can go to an AT&T store and they will gladly unlock it for you.

7 of 7 (7,200 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments