Helpful Links

Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?

Tutor

Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?

Hey. Smiley Happy I'm currently using the LG Prime with AT&T GoPhone. And I was considering the purchase of the unlocked Galaxy Nexus from Google. Can I still use my GoPhone service with it? Smiley Happy Thanks.

 

 

7,403 Views
Message 1 of 7
Professor

Re: Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?


rickace wrote:

Hey. Smiley Happy I'm currently using the LG Prime with AT&T GoPhone. And I was considering the purchase of the unlocked Galaxy Nexus from Google. Can I still use my GoPhone service with it? Smiley Happy Thanks.

 

 


Yes. Your GoPhone service will work. The Galaxy Nexus is a smartphone. Therefore, you will need a data plan if you want to use web, e-mail and facebook outdoor.

 

The nice thing about a GoPhone is that you are not required to have a data plan. You can just use WiFI for web, e-mail and facebook.

Message 2 of 7
Tutor

Re: Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?

Hi! Smiley Happy Thank you very much for the answer. Would you know how I could make it work? Do I just change the sim from my non-smartphone to the unlocked Galaxy Nexus? 

Message 3 of 7
Professor

Re: Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?

Yes. Just move the SIM from your non-smartphone to the unlocked Galaxy Nexus. If the Galaxy Nexus includes a SIM card, you can just keep the new SIM in your drawer. You do not need to activate the Nexus.


"There are known knowns. There are known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns." Donald Rumsfeld

Message 4 of 7
Tutor

Re: Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?

Really? Smiley Surprised That sounds great! Smiley Happy However, I know that on my non-smartphone, it's built to handle AT&T alerts. Say if I call someone, it informs me the amount of cash that was substracted. And there's also an account center in the menu. That's why I was worried GoPhone Sims may not work with the Galaxy Nexus? Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
Tutor

Re: Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?

And also, isn't your GoPhone SIM locked to the original GoPhone, you purchased it with?
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Galaxy Nexus from Google with AT&T GoPhone?


rickace wrote:

Really? Smiley Surprised That sounds great! Smiley Happy However, I know that on my non-smartphone, it's built to handle AT&T alerts. Say if I call someone, it informs me the amount of cash that was substracted. And there's also an account center in the menu. That's why I was worried GoPhone Sims may not work with the Galaxy Nexus? Thanks.


I would venture a guess that the alerts will be available because you can turn it on/off from the online account management. If it's already ON, you don't need to do anything.

 

You are right about the account center. That will need to be manually transfered to the new phone. Glad you mentioned it. You can also transfer your contacts manually if feasible. If you have many contacts, you may want to go to an AT&T store for help in transferring your contacts to the new phone.

 


rickace wrote:

 

And also, isn't your GoPhone SIM locked to the original GoPhone, you purchased it with?


 Yes. You are right again. The GoPhone SIM may be locked to the old phone if you had it for less than 6 months. If the SIM is locked, you can go to an AT&T store and they will gladly unlock it for you.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support