Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 5, 2008
7:07:08 AM
View profile
GT Connect Quits Unexpectedly in OSX 10.5.2
I have a Option GT Ultra Express and a Macbook Pro running 10.5.2. I have read that people are using this combination successfully. I downloaded the GT Connect software and set the proper settings in its preferences. When I insert my card the GT Connect software quits as it is trying to initialize the card. The only support Option was able to help was to verify that the card is recognized and loaded properly in osx, it is. AT&T support, well...I'm sure you can guess the support I have received for this, has in no way helped. Is or has anyone else had this problem and successfully solved it or know how to set this up as manually in the networks pane?
Thanks
I have a Option GT Ultra Express and a Macbook Pro running 10.5.2. I have read that people are using this combination successfully. I downloaded the GT Connect software and set the proper settings in its preferences. When I insert my card the GT Connect software quits as it is trying to initialize the card. The only support Option was able to help was to verify that the card is recognized and loaded properly in osx, it is. AT&T support, well...I'm sure you can guess the support I have received for this, has in no way helped. Is or has anyone else had this problem and successfully solved it or know how to set this up as manually in the networks pane?
Thanks

GT Connect Quits Unexpectedly in OSX 10.5.2

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2008 8:02:22 AM
(0)
Contributor
You shouldn't need to use the Option Connect software with 10.5.2. I have a Macbook Pro with 10.5.2 and the OS itself has the drivers installed and automatically configures the card. I would remove the Option Connect software completely, reboot and THEN re-insert the card. It should work just fine.
You shouldn't need to use the Option Connect software with 10.5.2. I have a Macbook Pro with 10.5.2 and the OS itself has the drivers installed and automatically configures the card. I would remove the Option Connect software completely, reboot and THEN re-insert the card. It should work just fine.

Re: GT Connect Quits Unexpectedly in OSX 10.5.2

2 of 2 (1,152 Views)