GOPHONE SIM CARD activation in Canada ?

Contributor

GOPHONE SIM CARD activation in Canada ?

Hello,
I have a property in Florida (so a mailing address in Florida). I am currently in Canada and I will spend the next two weeks in Florida. I bought a att sim card to use in Florida.

Is it possible to activate this card when I am in Canada ? where I have to wait to be in the United States with the ATT network.

I activated the phone, I have my phone number, but the network of Canada is unable to provide a phone number to my sim card.

I am unable to retrieve the password sent by SMS GoPhone therefore unable to add money to my account GOPHONE.

Is when I'm on the road in the United States with the ATT network, I can complete my setup?

Francis

Message 1 of 2
Guru

Re: GOPHONE SIM CARD activation in Canada ?

Last I checked there was no Canadian coverage for GoPhone.  If your phone is 3g, trying going to manual network selection and trying Bell and Telus.  I doubt it will work, but you don't have any downside.  If 3g isn't essential (or you have a 1700mhz HSPA phone laying around), go with TMobile.  It will roam in Canada.  While the rates are higher than domestic (apx. $0.45 a minute to use it in Canada), it will get the job done. 

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support