GO Phone has lost coverage been without 4 days. Called att no help there.

GO Phone has lost coverage been without 4 days. Called att no help there.

I have a Pantech Link. I called them on my dads phone which is an ATT contract phone. The customer service guy simply told me that i did not have coverage in my area. While in fact I checked my area I do have coverage. On top of that i have had service for years. i power cycled the phone. i have switched the sim to another go phone and still no coverage i drained the battery to nothing and recharged it full. turn it on still nothing. i have no idea what to do. everyone that i know is ATT and contract and all have service. please help!

Message 1 of 3 (259 Views)
Master

Re: GO Phone has lost coverage been without 4 days. Called att no help there.

Is it just in your home that coverage has suddenly disappeared?  Or has it changed in a much larger vacinity where you previously had coverage?  Since at&t's prepaid customers generally are not able to roam on partner networks, it's possible that your friends/family have coverage with their post paid phones while you are not able to access the network.

In the area you are having problems what does the coverage viewer specifically indicate your coverage should be with GoPhone service (using the GoPhone tab) and drilling down to a more detailed level?  I suppose it is possible that something has changed so that the customer service rep's statement is accurate - but if the coverage viewer reflects something different, I'd contact customer service again to see if you get a more helpful response.  And if something has changed over a large area (i.e. with a roaming agreement/access, etc.) so that you now no longer have coverage where you had it previously, customer service should be able to explain the "what" and "why", etc.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 3 (231 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: GO Phone has lost coverage been without 4 days. Called att no help there.

Do u have no service everywhere? Or just your area?
Message 3 of 3 (226 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.