12:42:40 PM
View profile
GO-PHONE
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 17, 2012 at 11:47:21 AM

AT&T March 16, 2012

Complaint Dept.

Who Replied? ________________________?

To whom it may concern:

I Harry, am very disappointed with AT&T's service. I will discuss my problem to be as follows:

I purchased my GO-PHONE from the local dealership just over a year ago, you need to understood that I am 82 years of age, and do not need to use a phone more than two or three times a month.

That being the reason, I thought that a GO-PHONE would be the best answer for me, (well think again sucker). BUYER BE WARE!!!

I purchased the PHONE along with $100.00 worth of MINUTES, not realizing that I was  NOT buying MINUTES

BUT TIME ONLY.     ( MEANING 360 DAYS  of time).

NOW A YEAR PASSED  and I went to use my phone and couldn't’t. WHY??  I still had OVER $100.00 worth of ( “$”  NOTHING )  because I find,  I had to add more Minutes because 360 DAY”S had passed,

And I had not up my minutes.  PLEASE refund my purchase.

Sincerely,

Harry

AT&T March 16, 2012

Complaint Dept.

Who Replied? ________________________?

To whom it may concern:

I Harry, am very disappointed with AT&T's service. I will discuss my problem to be as follows:

I purchased my GO-PHONE from the local dealership just over a year ago, you need to understood that I am 82 years of age, and do not need to use a phone more than two or three times a month.

That being the reason, I thought that a GO-PHONE would be the best answer for me, (well think again sucker). BUYER BE WARE!!!

I purchased the PHONE along with $100.00 worth of MINUTES, not realizing that I was  NOT buying MINUTES

BUT TIME ONLY.     ( MEANING 360 DAYS  of time).

NOW A YEAR PASSED  and I went to use my phone and couldn't’t. WHY??  I still had OVER $100.00 worth of ( “$”  NOTHING )  because I find,  I had to add more Minutes because 360 DAY”S had passed,

And I had not up my minutes.  PLEASE refund my purchase.

Sincerely,

Harry

GO-PHONE

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2012 11:40:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/pyg-cell-phone-plans.jsp?wtSlotClick...

GoPhone Pay As You Go: A compatible phone (not a data-only device) is required. Not all features work on all phones and in all areas. Pay As You Go cards and other account refills are nontransferable and nonrefundable. The *888* command for refill only works with PINS/Cards purchased from AT&T-owned retail stores and select authorized retail locations. Amounts deposited into your account expire in accordance with the stated refill denomination expiration period (e.g., $50/90 days). Unused account balance is forfeited upon expiration. If money is added to your account before the current balance expires, the existing balance will carry over to the new expiration date (Rollover Balance®). Pay As You Go accounts will be canceled 60 days after expiration. A service activation fee and new wireless phone number will be required to reactivate service. Account balance limit is $500; any amount over that limit will be deducted from your balance. 900 numbers are not available. Rates and services are subject to change. All service is subject to the GoPhone Terms of Service found in the User Guide.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/pyg-cell-phone-plans.jsp?wtSlotClick=1-005ZH4-0-2&_requestid=89470

GoPhone Pay As You Go: A compatible phone (not a data-only device) is required. Not all features work on all phones and in all areas. Pay As You Go cards and other account refills are nontransferable and nonrefundable. The *888* command for refill only works with PINS/Cards purchased from AT&T-owned retail stores and select authorized retail locations. Amounts deposited into your account expire in accordance with the stated refill denomination expiration period (e.g., $50/90 days). Unused account balance is forfeited upon expiration. If money is added to your account before the current balance expires, the existing balance will carry over to the new expiration date (Rollover Balance®). Pay As You Go accounts will be canceled 60 days after expiration. A service activation fee and new wireless phone number will be required to reactivate service. Account balance limit is $500; any amount over that limit will be deducted from your balance. 900 numbers are not available. Rates and services are subject to change. All service is subject to the GoPhone Terms of Service found in the User Guide.

Re: GO-PHONE

2 of 6 (1,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2012 7:07:59 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hi Harry, 

I'm sorry that you were not aware of what you were purchasing when you originally got your phone and minutes. 

Did you buy your phone/minutes in an AT&T store? The store representative should have explained how prepaid minutes work so you didn't spend money unnecessarily. 

Unfortunately, we're not able to refund a purchase made over a year ago. Please review the details savior posted above so you are familiar with how GoPhone minute usage works. 

Thanks, 

~jam

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hi Harry, 

I'm sorry that you were not aware of what you were purchasing when you originally got your phone and minutes. 

Did you buy your phone/minutes in an AT&T store? The store representative should have explained how prepaid minutes work so you didn't spend money unnecessarily. 

Unfortunately, we're not able to refund a purchase made over a year ago. Please review the details savior posted above so you are familiar with how GoPhone minute usage works. 

Thanks, 

~jam

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (1,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2012 11:01:04 AM
(0)
Contributor
Harry> sorry to hear your problem, I am also an older person and I spend 2+ weeks trying to read about this service and available phones. I have found it very confusing and risky dealing with any of the phone companies. I am only putting in $25. at a time witch is good for 3 months than you must add more before that time is up to keep any left overs. It is a good service for what you want however there is still alot to look out for so it is best to be have internet knowledge to track your account. Sales people don't always know enough to explain everything to you. I encourage you to try again it is a good service. I am not an employee either. Best of luck
Harry> sorry to hear your problem, I am also an older person and I spend 2+ weeks trying to read about this service and available phones. I have found it very confusing and risky dealing with any of the phone companies. I am only putting in $25. at a time witch is good for 3 months than you must add more before that time is up to keep any left overs. It is a good service for what you want however there is still alot to look out for so it is best to be have internet knowledge to track your account. Sales people don't always know enough to explain everything to you. I encourage you to try again it is a good service. I am not an employee either. Best of luck

4 of 6 (958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2012 2:38:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
same thing happened to me, on a small scale. $25.00/3mons..... remaining balance of $15.+ was not carried over when I refilled $25.00 for the next 3 mos. I've been with ATT for several years and service is getting worst everytime from 5 cents texting to 20 cents per text
same thing happened to me, on a small scale. $25.00/3mons..... remaining balance of $15.+ was not carried over when I refilled $25.00 for the next 3 mos. I've been with ATT for several years and service is getting worst everytime from 5 cents texting to 20 cents per text

5 of 6 (807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2012 5:48:28 AM
(0)
Teacher

hector, if you're on the 10 cents per minute plan, you have the option of buying text packages. Buy 1000 texts for $9.99 for a month. Then if you haven't used that up, buy the mininum 200 texts for $4.99 the next month to keep rolling it over. It comes out to only a penny per text at 1000 texts for $9.99. And only 2.5 cents per text at the mininum purchase rate.

If you're an infrequent phone user, and tend to build up a cash balance, that's a good way to get some use out of it. I'm on the $2/day unlimited plan, and used to be able to buy data packages for my LG Thrive that way. Sadly, AT&T is too greedy to allow that to continue. Now you have to step up to at least the $25 per month plan to buy data packages. Though, that plan does include unlimited texts (inside the US).

hector, if you're on the 10 cents per minute plan, you have the option of buying text packages. Buy 1000 texts for $9.99 for a month. Then if you haven't used that up, buy the mininum 200 texts for $4.99 the next month to keep rolling it over. It comes out to only a penny per text at 1000 texts for $9.99. And only 2.5 cents per text at the mininum purchase rate.

If you're an infrequent phone user, and tend to build up a cash balance, that's a good way to get some use out of it. I'm on the $2/day unlimited plan, and used to be able to buy data packages for my LG Thrive that way. Sadly, AT&T is too greedy to allow that to continue. Now you have to step up to at least the $25 per month plan to buy data packages. Though, that plan does include unlimited texts (inside the US).

6 of 6 (767 Views)