Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 15, 2011
12:28:29 PM
GO-PHONE AND A MICROCELL ACTIVATION/REGISTRATION - HOW TO.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REGISTER A PRE-PAID GO-PHONE, AS THE REGISTRATION SITE TRANSFERS ME TO THE GO PHONE SITE WHEN IT SEES THE PHONE NUMBER IS NOT A POST PAID ACCOUNT.

I UNDERSTAND FROM ATT THAT A 3G PHONE IS REQUIRED ON A POST PAID ACCOUNT FOR IT TO BE REGISTERED, BUT SEVERAL OF YOU INSIST YOU HAVE A PRE-PAID PHONE WORKING ON THE MICROCELL..

HOW IS THIS DONE PLEASE WITHOUT HAVING MY NUMBER AUTHORIZED FROM A POST PAID ACCOUNT NUMBER.

i KNOW IT CAN BE DONE THAT WAY WITH A FAMILY OR FRIENDS POST PAID PHONE NUMBER BUT I DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REGISTER A PRE-PAID GO-PHONE, AS THE REGISTRATION SITE TRANSFERS ME TO THE GO PHONE SITE WHEN IT SEES THE PHONE NUMBER IS NOT A POST PAID ACCOUNT.

I UNDERSTAND FROM ATT THAT A 3G PHONE IS REQUIRED ON A POST PAID ACCOUNT FOR IT TO BE REGISTERED, BUT SEVERAL OF YOU INSIST YOU HAVE A PRE-PAID PHONE WORKING ON THE MICROCELL..

HOW IS THIS DONE PLEASE WITHOUT HAVING MY NUMBER AUTHORIZED FROM A POST PAID ACCOUNT NUMBER.

i KNOW IT CAN BE DONE THAT WAY WITH A FAMILY OR FRIENDS POST PAID PHONE NUMBER BUT I DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY.

GO-PHONE AND A MICROCELL ACTIVATION/REGISTRATION - HOW TO.

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 3:56:48 PM
(0)
Guru
In order to register the Microcell, you must register it under a post-paid account. Once you have done so, you can then add pre-paid numbers to the user list.
In order to register the Microcell, you must register it under a post-paid account. Once you have done so, you can then add pre-paid numbers to the user list.

Re: GO-PHONE AND A MICROCELL ACTIVATION/REGISTRATION - HOW TO.

2 of 8 (1,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 8:24:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me but I already knew this.

There are instances on this forum that indicate it has been done with a pre-paid phone but no-one has gone into details.

I don't understand why a it MUST post paid account is required to make this thing work.

There is no charge required for the basic setup using minutes from the pre-paid account.

I can understand it if one were to choose the "unlimited home usage" option at $20.00 per month ( guessing at cost) and would then require a billing setup of course, but ............

Who makes up these rules at ATT . Seems they need some minor revisions.

If the signal was what they promised it should be I wouldn't have had to pay out 4150.00 for this device in the first place.

Now I have to get a post paid account, and probably have a setup fee on top of that and I'm sure they won't like my existing phones . any of them ..... Of course.

I hate That's stores, most are under educated and some are even down right rude when you try to explain what you need.

I may just throw in the towel if I don't get any real sense from my local store tomorrow and go back to Verizon which does have a sensible signal level where I need it most.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me but I already knew this.

There are instances on this forum that indicate it has been done with a pre-paid phone but no-one has gone into details.

I don't understand why a it MUST post paid account is required to make this thing work.

There is no charge required for the basic setup using minutes from the pre-paid account.

I can understand it if one were to choose the "unlimited home usage" option at $20.00 per month ( guessing at cost) and would then require a billing setup of course, but ............

Who makes up these rules at ATT . Seems they need some minor revisions.

If the signal was what they promised it should be I wouldn't have had to pay out 4150.00 for this device in the first place.

Now I have to get a post paid account, and probably have a setup fee on top of that and I'm sure they won't like my existing phones . any of them ..... Of course.

I hate That's stores, most are under educated and some are even down right rude when you try to explain what you need.

I may just throw in the towel if I don't get any real sense from my local store tomorrow and go back to Verizon which does have a sensible signal level where I need it most.

Re: GO-PHONE AND A MICROCELL ACTIVATION / REGISTRATION - HOW TO.

3 of 8 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 8:39:05 PM
(0)
Former Employee

There is nothing the store will be able to do for you. We have no authority to make any "minor revisions" to AT&T's policies. Do you have a friend or know anybody with a post paid AT&T account? You could have them activate a device for you.

There is nothing the store will be able to do for you. We have no authority to make any "minor revisions" to AT&T's policies. Do you have a friend or know anybody with a post paid AT&T account? You could have them activate a device for you.

4 of 8 (1,708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 8:14:02 AM
(0)
Guru
There are other options. AT&T has bad signal strength at our house, but I have a T-mobile prepaid SIM in our alarm's GSM module and that works well.
There are other options. AT&T has bad signal strength at our house, but I have a T-mobile prepaid SIM in our alarm's GSM module and that works well.

5 of 8 (1,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 6:30:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

I tried a T-mobile, similar results on signal. I live in a hole surrounded by trees, but ATT insists there is enough signal at my location, but they havn't tried to make a call sitting on my toilet.

In all, it seems ATT customer service sucks big time, they just son't seem interested in getting customers happy at all, just taking money for a service that sometimes doesn't work well.

I'd go with a post paid account to get the Microcell activated but why should I shell out even more money for the activation fees etc etc just to get their signal which I'm already paying for, not to mention that it's going to cost me more than twice as much per month as it has to be a minimum $39.99 service to even get the microcell activated.

My pay as you go is only $15 per month, less if you buy the $100.00/12 months time allocation for it.

I tried a T-mobile, similar results on signal. I live in a hole surrounded by trees, but ATT insists there is enough signal at my location, but they havn't tried to make a call sitting on my toilet.

In all, it seems ATT customer service sucks big time, they just son't seem interested in getting customers happy at all, just taking money for a service that sometimes doesn't work well.

I'd go with a post paid account to get the Microcell activated but why should I shell out even more money for the activation fees etc etc just to get their signal which I'm already paying for, not to mention that it's going to cost me more than twice as much per month as it has to be a minimum $39.99 service to even get the microcell activated.

My pay as you go is only $15 per month, less if you buy the $100.00/12 months time allocation for it.

6 of 8 (1,688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 6:35:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

I wish I did have a bud with an account, but I don't know anyone that well.

I'm wondering if I create a post paid account and activate the microcell, then cancel the account if it will aslo cancel the microcells activation ?

Also if it doesn't work, do ATT refund the total costs including the hardware and activation charges ?

I'm wondering if I create a post paid account and activate the microcell, then cancel the account if it will aslo cancel the microcells activation ?

Also if it doesn't work, do ATT refund the total costs including the hardware and activation charges ?

7 of 8 (1,687 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 8:46:35 PM
(0)
Guru

itsmejto wrote:

I believe so.

You can return the Microcell for a full refund inside of 30 days of purchase. I don't know what their policies are with regards to other equipment.

itsmejto wrote:

I believe so.

You can return the Microcell for a full refund inside of 30 days of purchase. I don't know what their policies are with regards to other equipment.

8 of 8 (1,677 Views)