Freestyle touch screen

Highlighted
Teacher

Freestyle touch screen

[ Edited ]

I would like to calibrate the screen on my freestyle but I can't find the menu? also can I adjust the sensitivity of the screen (way sensitive)?

Message 1 of 9 (1,922 Views)
Master

Re: Freestyle touch screen

The "Menu" is located at the far left, as shown in the picture. Do you mean you can't find the touch screen calibration setting in the actual settings? Try looking under "Display" and then "Screen calibration"/whatever else it may say.

I do not think there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen. That was a design feature by HTC that they probably do not want to be changed.

I hope this helps.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 9 (1,882 Views)
Teacher

sorry but I dont have display under menu??

Wild Banchi wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

The "Menu" is located at the far left, as shown in the picture. Do you mean you can't find the touch screen calibration setting in the actual settings? Try looking under "Display" and then "Screen calibration"/whatever else it may say.

I do not think there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen. That was a design feature by HTC that they probably do not want to be changed.

I hope this helps.

/whatever else it may say.

I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 9 (1,858 Views)
Master

Sorry if I was unclear. Try looking under "Menu" > "Settings" > "Display" > "Screen calibration" or another title describing how you can calibrate the screen.

Go ahead and try this.

Message 4 of 9 (1,852 Views)
Teacher

That's where I would expect it to be as well ;-( however no luck. I have auto light,brightness, and screen timeout.

Thanks Wild

Message 5 of 9 (1,792 Views)
Master

Also the Freestyle has a capacitive screen that you use the pad of your fingertips and senses the electric current in your fingertips as opposed to a resistive screen where you can use your fingernails and pressure to navigate the phone.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9 (1,780 Views)
Teacher

Great tip Ann ( I didn't know that) Thanks

Message 7 of 9 (1,767 Views)
Master

cottonflash wrote:

That's where I would expect it to be as well ;-( however no luck. I have auto light,brightness, and screen timeout.

Thanks Wild

Hmm. That's very odd. That's where I would expect it to be; at least, thet's where it SHOULD be located...

Maybe Ann154's tip about the screen sort of is like a calibration setting. Perhaps there is no setting because it is automatic when you touch the screen? It then automatically calibrates the screen based on your touch response?

You're welcome, for the little help I could give you... Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 9 (1,760 Views)
Master

You can also download the manual at HTC website or on AT&T's website. It should help with the basic functions of the phone.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9 (1,734 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.