Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 16, 2010
10:30:57 AM
View profile
Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference
Edited by AnClar on Jul 16, 2010 at 10:32:24 AM

Steve Jobs just promised all iPhone 4 users a free bumper or case for the antenna issues.

Steve Jobs just promised all iPhone 4 users a free bumper or case for the antenna issues.

Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference

[ Edited ]
93 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(93)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 4:44:11 PM
(0)
Professor
Not with mine. I think when it does occur, it's only in areas with weak signals to begin with anyway.

I think the vast majority of iPhone 4 users are like me. I touch my phone wherever I want and have yet to drop a signal.
Not with mine. I think when it does occur, it's only in areas with weak signals to begin with anyway.

I think the vast majority of iPhone 4 users are like me. I touch my phone wherever I want and have yet to drop a signal.

Re: Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference

91 of 94 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 7:57:28 AM
(0)
Guru

SLIKRICK wrote:

Well in that case I guess the person who was demonstrating the antenna signal drop issue in that just-released Apple web page antenna demo must have been in a weak signal area... Smiley Wink

SLIKRICK wrote:

Well in that case I guess the person who was demonstrating the antenna signal drop issue in that just-released Apple web page antenna demo must have been in a weak signal area... Smiley Wink

92 of 94 (659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 8:04:03 AM
(0)
Professor

I'm sure Apple searched around for specific areas which would show the effect the best to make the competition look as bad as possible.

I'm sure Apple searched around for specific areas which would show the effect the best to make the competition look as bad as possible.

93 of 94 (652 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 8:52:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

tonester wrote:

SLIKRICK wrote:

Can you not read? Everyone reported that bridging the antennas causes 20-25db drop in signal. If you were in an area with excellent reception, you could (with the old bar algorithm) either stay at bar 5, or if you were in a marginal area, drop from 5 to 2, or 3 to 0, on the iPhone. 

Each company codes their mapping of signal strenth to bars however they wish, but all phones have specific antenna locations, and smothering that location will cause a signal drop. From whatever you had before, to less than that.

It's not magic, it's radio.

tonester wrote:

SLIKRICK wrote:

Can you not read? Everyone reported that bridging the antennas causes 20-25db drop in signal. If you were in an area with excellent reception, you could (with the old bar algorithm) either stay at bar 5, or if you were in a marginal area, drop from 5 to 2, or 3 to 0, on the iPhone. 

Each company codes their mapping of signal strenth to bars however they wish, but all phones have specific antenna locations, and smothering that location will cause a signal drop. From whatever you had before, to less than that.

It's not magic, it's radio.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

94 of 94 (629 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments