Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference

Scholar

Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference

[ Edited ]

Steve Jobs just promised all iPhone 4 users a free bumper or case for the antenna issues.

Message 4 of 94 (3,572 Views)
Scholar

Re: Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference

[ Edited ]

tonester wrote:

Now here's the $64,000 question--will there be plenty of bumpers to go around for the millions of folks who already have an iPhone 4...or will there be a backorder for these as well?

LOL waiting for the thousands--if not way more than that--of folks who claimed that they wouldn't need a bumper because their phones weren't experiencing the antenna issue go down to their nearest Apple store and ask that they be given one too...after all, even Apple fanboys who proclaim that the iPhone (4) is the best phone EVAR and that there's nothing wrong with it can't pass up a free thing...neverminding the fact that Apple is doing so (offering free bumpers) primarily as an acknowledgment that there is indeed an issue with the iPhone 4 antenna design and this is their way of hopefully rectifying the issue.

Jobs said that they know they won't be able to produce enough bumpers initially, so they are going to source cases from other vendors and give users a choice.

Message 34 of 94 (972 Views)
Scholar

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

Jobs stated that of the 3 million iPhone 4 users, 0.55% have called AppleCare about the antenna issue, but they want to make ALL their customers happy so they're offieng the freebies.  They will reevaluate the situation in September when most people have gotten the cases.  He said if users are still not happy they can return their phones.

uhh he said within 30 days of PURCHASE. so ppl who bought it in june/july/early august are not going tobe able to return the phones no matter what.

yeah but everyone has a chance of returning it RIGHT NOW if they are unhappy.  June people are still within the 30 days and they should know by now if they want to return or not.

nope, july 15th was the cutoff for those 600,000 pre-orders because the time of purchace was june 15th. today is the 16th or the 31st day which means all those people must keep it. like me! good thing i love mine tho!

I see.  But why would they have kept their phone past the 30 days anyways if they hated it? 

who knows lol. maybe they thought steve would do something revolutionary today with a new return policy 

Message 35 of 94 (966 Views)
Scholar

I hope that ifrogz case i want is for free...or the griffen reveal.  But wait are those "3rd party cases"?

Message 36 of 94 (966 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

tonester wrote:

LOL waiting for the thousands--if not way more than that--of folks who claimed that they wouldn't need a bumper because their phones weren't experiencing the antenna issue go down to their nearest Apple store and ask that they be given one too...after all, even Apple fanboys who proclaim that the iPhone (4) is the best phone EVAR and that there's nothing wrong with it can't pass up a free thing...neverminding the fact that Apple is doing so (offering free bumpers) primarily as an acknowledgment that there is indeed an issue with the iPhone 4 antenna design and this is their way of hopefully rectifying the issue.

So, are you getting your free bumper?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 37 of 94 (961 Views)
Scholar

hikergirl wrote:

I hope that ifrogz case i want is for free...or the griffen reveal.  But wait are those "3rd party cases"?

Jobs wasn't specific, but he did say that Apple would be "sourcing cases from other suppliers".  Don't exactly know what that means...guess we'll find out next week when we go to order.  Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 94 (954 Views)
Mentor

I'd say everyone who ordered the Iphone 4 Just go buy the case now or order it through the website. After all you can get a refund and you'll be the first to get it even if it goes on BO. Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 94 (941 Views)

tonester wrote:

Now here's the $64,000 question--will there be plenty of bumpers to go around for the millions of folks who already have an iPhone 4...or will there be a backorder for these as well?

I bought my bumper at the same time I picked up the phone because it seemed a good idea to have a case that would keep either the front or back glass from touching a surface when it is set down.  If Apple is going to offer a refund on my purchase, I'm certainly not going to refuse it, regardless of not seeing any particular signal problem with or without the bumper on the phone.

Message 40 of 94 (938 Views)
Guru

johninsj wrote:

tonester wrote:

So, are you getting your free bumper?

Nice try, but I don't have an iPhone 4 (yet) so I obviously wouldn't know first-hand if I was experiencing the issue.  Now if Apple is going to include a free bumper with every (subsequent) new iPhone 4 purchase by default, then I can't be accused of taking one (free bumper) even though I had previously claimed that I wasn't having any antenna issues on my iPhone 4 (because I had not previously owned one).

Message 41 of 94 (938 Views)
Mentor

tonester wrote:

Here's a radical thought--how about those folks who claim that they don't have any antenna issues on their iPhone 4 not be entitled to a FREE bumper?  After all, Apple is doing so (free bumper) as a way of addressing the antenna issue, so if you aren't experiencing the antenna issue...then why would you need to take Apple up on their free bumper offer in the first place?

I think if people havent bought a case by now, they arent having issues, and wont need one even if its free. That was one of the issues with using a bumper as a cure in the first place. People didnt WANT to cover up their phones. SO i doubt that people who arent having issues, and who dont want to cover thier phone will get a bumper anyway.

Message 42 of 94 (936 Views)
Guru

archermoo wrote:

tonester wrote:

I bought my bumper at the same time I picked up the phone because it seemed a good idea to have a case that would keep either the front or back glass from touching a surface when it is set down.  If Apple is going to offer a refund on my purchase, I'm certainly not going to refuse it, regardless of not seeing any particular signal problem with or without the bumper on the phone.

No problem with someone wanting a refund on their bumper purchase even though they bought it for some other fair reason; my point was directed at those folks who go around saying that they weren't having the antenna issue and as such, wouldn't need (or want to go with) a bumper solution--free or otherwise--and now that Apple is gonna be giving them out for free for iPhone 4 users, they all of a sudden have no problem grabbing a free bumper for themselves.

Message 43 of 94 (913 Views)
Mentor

I just came off backorder today, after a three delay in releasing any phones really, at least from my perspective here on the forums. I am wondering if the delay wasnt to include a bumper in the shipments now going out. I will let you know when i get it on Monday. I was going to order a case anyway, even without an antenna problem, as i prefer to keep my phone protected.

Message 44 of 94 (1,314 Views)

tonester wrote:

No problem with someone wanting a refund on their bumper purchase even though they bought it for some other fair reason; my point was directed at those folks who go around saying that they weren't having the antenna issue and as such, wouldn't need (or want to go with) a bumper solution--free or otherwise--and now that Apple is gonna be giving them out for free for iPhone 4 users, they all of a sudden have no problem grabbing a free bumper for themselves.

Ah, gotcha.  Yeah, I can see that.

Message 45 of 94 (1,315 Views)
Scholar

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

Jobs stated that of the 3 million iPhone 4 users, 0.55% have called AppleCare about the antenna issue, but they want to make ALL their customers happy so they're offieng the freebies.  They will reevaluate the situation in September when most people have gotten the cases.  He said if users are still not happy they can return their phones.

uhh he said within 30 days of PURCHASE. so ppl who bought it in june/july/early august are not going tobe able to return the phones no matter what.

yeah but everyone has a chance of returning it RIGHT NOW if they are unhappy.  June people are still within the 30 days and they should know by now if they want to return or not.

nope, july 15th was the cutoff for those 600,000 pre-orders because the time of purchace was june 15th. today is the 16th or the 31st day which means all those people must keep it. like me! good thing i love mine tho!

I see.  But why would they have kept their phone past the 30 days anyways if they hated it? 

Ummm, Jobs said that Apple will give a refund to ANYONE with an iPhone 4 who wants one.

Message 46 of 94 (1,309 Views)
Mentor

tonester wrote:

archermoo wrote:

tonester wrote:

I don't blame them. How often does a company like Apple give ANYTHING away for free. Any company for that matter. Especially something that they are normally selling for 30 bucks. Its a small price to pay for Apple, and I would take a free bumper, even if I had no antenna issues, and I wouldn't feel bad about it at all.

Message 47 of 94 (1,301 Views)
Scholar

AnClar wrote:

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

Ummm, Jobs said that Apple will give a refund to ANYONE with an iPhone 4 who wants one.

WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE. I need a bigger font. 

Message 48 of 94 (1,283 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.