Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 16, 2010
10:30:57 AM
View profile
Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference
Edited by AnClar on Jul 16, 2010 at 10:32:24 AM

Steve Jobs just promised all iPhone 4 users a free bumper or case for the antenna issues.

Steve Jobs just promised all iPhone 4 users a free bumper or case for the antenna issues.

Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference

[ Edited ]
93 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(93)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:31:37 AM
(0)
Mentor

And a refund for those who purchased...

And a refund for those who purchased...

Re: Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference

5 of 94 (3,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:32:52 AM
(0)
Explorer

my question is, where do we redeem for this "free bumper"?

7 of 94 (3,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:33:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

There'll be a place to apply online next week according to Jobs.

There'll be a place to apply online next week according to Jobs.

8 of 94 (3,369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:33:49 AM
(0)
Mentor

you'll be able to apply for it next week on the apple website

you'll be able to apply for it next week on the apple website

9 of 94 (3,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:34:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

Csonkitas wrote:

Apply on Apple website next week he says....

Csonkitas wrote:

Apply on Apple website next week he says....

10 of 94 (3,359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:34:43 AM
(0)
Explorer

Yeah I should of probably of just kept listening first before I posted

Yeah I should of probably of just kept listening first before I posted

11 of 94 (3,356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:41:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

Im ok with a free case if that really solves the issue.  If not I will have 30 days to decide.  I can usually decide in 2 days so that's enough time.  I think its a good enough solution for me. 

Im ok with a free case if that really solves the issue.  If not I will have 30 days to decide.  I can usually decide in 2 days so that's enough time.  I think its a good enough solution for me. 

13 of 94 (3,272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:31:43 AM
(0)
Mentor

free BUMPERS!!! 

free BUMPERS!!! 

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

6 of 94 (3,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:38:59 AM
(0)
Tutor
to bad the rush to get one will most likely crash the system and we'll all be in "iphone 4 bumper order "still in progess"!!!!
to bad the rush to get one will most likely crash the system and we'll all be in "iphone 4 bumper order "still in progess"!!!!

12 of 94 (3,289 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:41:28 AM
(0)
Mentor

whyartwhy wrote:

HAHAHAHA!!

whyartwhy wrote:

HAHAHAHA!!

14 of 94 (1,566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:45:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

whyartwhy wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOL its soo true...oh man thats sad. 

whyartwhy wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOL its soo true...oh man thats sad. 

15 of 94 (1,537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:46:13 AM
(0)
Teacher

They're "grilling" Steve with questions right now ~ they aren't admitting the antenna problem is unique from other cell phone companies. Just becasue people haven't been calling at&t or applecare doesn't mean the issue isn't bigger than he's admitting.   Sure  ~ free case or $1.00 free bumper is cheaper for apple to "resolve" the "small" problem than to actually FIX IT!

They're "grilling" Steve with questions right now ~ they aren't admitting the antenna problem is unique from other cell phone companies. Just becasue people haven't been calling at&t or applecare doesn't mean the issue isn't bigger than he's admitting.   Sure  ~ free case or $1.00 free bumper is cheaper for apple to "resolve" the "small" problem than to actually FIX IT!

16 of 94 (1,522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:46:45 AM
(0)
Professor

I hate that solution

I hate that solution

17 of 94 (1,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:47:23 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by AnClar on Jul 16, 2010 at 10:49:26 AM

Jobs stated that of the 3 million iPhone 4 users, 0.55% have called AppleCare about the antenna issue, but they want to make ALL their customers happy so they're offieng the freebies.  They will reevaluate the situation in September when most people have gotten the cases.  He said if users are still not happy they can return their phones.

Jobs stated that of the 3 million iPhone 4 users, 0.55% have called AppleCare about the antenna issue, but they want to make ALL their customers happy so they're offieng the freebies.  They will reevaluate the situation in September when most people have gotten the cases.  He said if users are still not happy they can return their phones.

[ Edited ]
18 of 94 (1,511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:48:39 AM
(0)
Mentor

why isnt anyone asking what sort of delays their twenty two days of testing may have caused, or if it even caused any at all???? i want real answers, god they're turning this into a personal attack on steve when it's their only chance to get real answers!!!!!

why isnt anyone asking what sort of delays their twenty two days of testing may have caused, or if it even caused any at all???? i want real answers, god they're turning this into a personal attack on steve when it's their only chance to get real answers!!!!!

19 of 94 (1,495 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:49:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Wow, as expected... free case or bumper.

What did you really think was going to happen? $300 rebates? LOL

Just return the phone if you are one of the .55% who just cannot get over the antenna thing.

So now I will have three cases for mine. Sweet Smiley Happy

Wow, as expected... free case or bumper.

What did you really think was going to happen? $300 rebates? LOL

Just return the phone if you are one of the .55% who just cannot get over the antenna thing.

So now I will have three cases for mine. Sweet Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

20 of 94 (1,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:49:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

smooth4lyfe wrote:

I hate that solution

Hey he said it if you dont like the phone within 30 days you can return it.  That's more than enough time to figure out if you can deal with the phone or not.  You can use it and if it's an issue return it and wait til next year to get an iphone with a smarter style.  That's what I may do.  I think #5 is my lucky number.  I have never had one.  I can go back to my crappy samsung and wait a year if the issue is really that bad that it drives me bananas.

smooth4lyfe wrote:

I hate that solution

Hey he said it if you dont like the phone within 30 days you can return it.  That's more than enough time to figure out if you can deal with the phone or not.  You can use it and if it's an issue return it and wait til next year to get an iphone with a smarter style.  That's what I may do.  I think #5 is my lucky number.  I have never had one.  I can go back to my crappy samsung and wait a year if the issue is really that bad that it drives me bananas.

21 of 94 (1,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:50:31 AM
(0)
Guru

t.slatzer wrote:

You do realize that while Apple designed the iPhone 4 that they aren't the ones actually building the units, right?  Apple engineers working on a solution to the problem doesn't slow the Chinese factory building the units down at all.

t.slatzer wrote:

You do realize that while Apple designed the iPhone 4 that they aren't the ones actually building the units, right?  Apple engineers working on a solution to the problem doesn't slow the Chinese factory building the units down at all.

22 of 94 (1,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:50:55 AM
(0)
Scholar

AnClar wrote:

uhh he said within 30 days of PURCHASE. so ppl who bought it in june/july/early august are not going tobe able to return the phones no matter what.

AnClar wrote:

uhh he said within 30 days of PURCHASE. so ppl who bought it in june/july/early august are not going tobe able to return the phones no matter what.

23 of 94 (1,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:52:41 AM
(0)
Scholar

So here's the options, get a free case or bumper, get refunded if you already bought one or return it within 30 days.  Sounds good to me. So let's hope all the whining stops because those are your 3 options, that's it. They aren't doing a recall.  Jobs is saying that all smart phones have the antenna issues.  They aren't going to fix the phones. So let's stop whining about it. Most people are not having any issues.

So here's the options, get a free case or bumper, get refunded if you already bought one or return it within 30 days.  Sounds good to me. So let's hope all the whining stops because those are your 3 options, that's it. They aren't doing a recall.  Jobs is saying that all smart phones have the antenna issues.  They aren't going to fix the phones. So let's stop whining about it. Most people are not having any issues.

24 of 94 (1,148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:52:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

t.slatzer wrote:

Because the press are mostly a bunch of fools whose only motivation is to get readers...they don't really care about information.  "Don't bore me with facts...give me the bloody dirt!"  That's what "jouurnalism" has become these days.

t.slatzer wrote:

Because the press are mostly a bunch of fools whose only motivation is to get readers...they don't really care about information.  "Don't bore me with facts...give me the bloody dirt!"  That's what "jouurnalism" has become these days.

25 of 94 (1,148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:53:04 AM
(0)
Guru

At this point I'm even happier that I bought a bumper while I was picking up the phone. Smiley Happy

At this point I'm even happier that I bought a bumper while I was picking up the phone. Smiley Happy

26 of 94 (1,149 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:53:24 AM
(0)
Scholar

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

yeah but everyone has a chance of returning it RIGHT NOW if they are unhappy.  June people are still within the 30 days and they should know by now if they want to return or not.

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

yeah but everyone has a chance of returning it RIGHT NOW if they are unhappy.  June people are still within the 30 days and they should know by now if they want to return or not.

27 of 94 (1,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:55:21 AM
(0)
Explorer

archermoo wrote:

I tried, my local store was totally sold out!

archermoo wrote:

28 of 94 (1,140 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:55:41 AM
(0)
Scholar

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

nope, july 15th was the cutoff for those 600,000 pre-orders because the time of purchace was june 15th. today is the 16th or the 31st day which means all those people must keep it. like me! good thing i love mine tho!

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

nope, july 15th was the cutoff for those 600,000 pre-orders because the time of purchace was june 15th. today is the 16th or the 31st day which means all those people must keep it. like me! good thing i love mine tho!

29 of 94 (1,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:57:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

joeshmo2010 wrote:

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

I see.  But why would they have kept their phone past the 30 days anyways if they hated it? 

joeshmo2010 wrote:

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

I see.  But why would they have kept their phone past the 30 days anyways if they hated it? 

30 of 94 (1,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:57:18 AM
(0)
Guru

Csonkitas wrote:

archermoo wrote:

Bummer. I bought mine at an Apple store on release day.  They had stacks of bumpers sitting next to the stacks of iPhones, though I doubt they lasted out the day...

Csonkitas wrote:

archermoo wrote:

Bummer. I bought mine at an Apple store on release day.  They had stacks of bumpers sitting next to the stacks of iPhones, though I doubt they lasted out the day...

31 of 94 (1,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:57:34 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by tonester on Jul 16, 2010 at 11:01:29 AM

Now here's the $64,000 question--will there be plenty of bumpers to go around for the millions of folks who already have an iPhone 4...or will there be a backorder for these as well?

Here's a radical thought--how about those folks who claim that they don't have any antenna issues on their iPhone 4 not be entitled to a FREE bumper?  After all, Apple is doing so (free bumper) as a way of addressing the antenna issue, so if you aren't experiencing the antenna issue...then why would you need to take Apple up on their free bumper offer in the first place?

Now here's the $64,000 question--will there be plenty of bumpers to go around for the millions of folks who already have an iPhone 4...or will there be a backorder for these as well?

Here's a radical thought--how about those folks who claim that they don't have any antenna issues on their iPhone 4 not be entitled to a FREE bumper?  After all, Apple is doing so (free bumper) as a way of addressing the antenna issue, so if you aren't experiencing the antenna issue...then why would you need to take Apple up on their free bumper offer in the first place?

[ Edited ]
32 of 94 (1,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 10:59:15 AM
(0)
Guru

joeshmo2010 wrote:

Are you just assuming this, or have you gotten official word from Apple or AT&T on this?  Doesn't seem reasonable to me that your return window can start before you have the product in your hand.

Fortunately I just reserved one, so my receipt is dated 6/24.  Not that I have any interest in returning it...

joeshmo2010 wrote:

Are you just assuming this, or have you gotten official word from Apple or AT&T on this?  Doesn't seem reasonable to me that your return window can start before you have the product in your hand.

Fortunately I just reserved one, so my receipt is dated 6/24.  Not that I have any interest in returning it...

33 of 94 (1,106 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments