Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference

Scholar

Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference

Steve Jobs just promised all iPhone 4 users a free bumper or case for the antenna issues.

Message 4 of 94
Mentor

Re: Free bumpers for all iPhone 4 users...from Jobs and the conference

why isnt anyone asking what sort of delays their twenty two days of testing may have caused, or if it even caused any at all???? i want real answers, god they're turning this into a personal attack on steve when it's their only chance to get real answers!!!!!

Message 19 of 94
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Wow, as expected... free case or bumper.

What did you really think was going to happen? $300 rebates? LOL

Just return the phone if you are one of the .55% who just cannot get over the antenna thing.

So now I will have three cases for mine. Sweet Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 94
Scholar

smooth4lyfe wrote:

I hate that solution

Hey he said it if you dont like the phone within 30 days you can return it.  That's more than enough time to figure out if you can deal with the phone or not.  You can use it and if it's an issue return it and wait til next year to get an iphone with a smarter style.  That's what I may do.  I think #5 is my lucky number.  I have never had one.  I can go back to my crappy samsung and wait a year if the issue is really that bad that it drives me bananas.

Message 21 of 94

t.slatzer wrote:

why isnt anyone asking what sort of delays their twenty two days of testing may have caused, or if it even caused any at all???? i want real answers, god they're turning this into a personal attack on steve when it's their only chance to get real answers!!!!!

You do realize that while Apple designed the iPhone 4 that they aren't the ones actually building the units, right?  Apple engineers working on a solution to the problem doesn't slow the Chinese factory building the units down at all.

Message 22 of 94
Scholar

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

AnClar wrote:

Jobs stated that of the 3 million iPhone 4 users, 0.55% have called AppleCare about the antenna issue, but they want to make ALL their customers happy so they're offieng the freebies.  They will reevaluate the situation in September when most people have gotten the cases.  He said if users are still not happy they can return their phones.

uhh he said within 30 days of PURCHASE. so ppl who bought it in june/july/early august are not going tobe able to return the phones no matter what.

Message 23 of 94
Scholar

So here's the options, get a free case or bumper, get refunded if you already bought one or return it within 30 days.  Sounds good to me. So let's hope all the whining stops because those are your 3 options, that's it. They aren't doing a recall.  Jobs is saying that all smart phones have the antenna issues.  They aren't going to fix the phones. So let's stop whining about it. Most people are not having any issues.

Message 24 of 94
Scholar

t.slatzer wrote:

Because the press are mostly a bunch of fools whose only motivation is to get readers...they don't really care about information.  "Don't bore me with facts...give me the bloody dirt!"  That's what "jouurnalism" has become these days.

Message 25 of 94

At this point I'm even happier that I bought a bumper while I was picking up the phone. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 94
Scholar

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

Jobs stated that of the 3 million iPhone 4 users, 0.55% have called AppleCare about the antenna issue, but they want to make ALL their customers happy so they're offieng the freebies.  They will reevaluate the situation in September when most people have gotten the cases.  He said if users are still not happy they can return their phones.

uhh he said within 30 days of PURCHASE. so ppl who bought it in june/july/early august are not going tobe able to return the phones no matter what.

yeah but everyone has a chance of returning it RIGHT NOW if they are unhappy.  June people are still within the 30 days and they should know by now if they want to return or not.

Message 27 of 94
Explorer

archermoo wrote:

At this point I'm even happier that I bought a bumper while I was picking up the phone. Smiley Happy

I tried, my local store was totally sold out!

Message 28 of 94
Scholar

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

yeah but everyone has a chance of returning it RIGHT NOW if they are unhappy.  June people are still within the 30 days and they should know by now if they want to return or not.

nope, july 15th was the cutoff for those 600,000 pre-orders because the time of purchace was june 15th. today is the 16th or the 31st day which means all those people must keep it. like me! good thing i love mine tho!

Message 29 of 94
Scholar

joeshmo2010 wrote:

hikergirl wrote:

joeshmo2010 wrote:

AnClar wrote:

nope, july 15th was the cutoff for those 600,000 pre-orders because the time of purchace was june 15th. today is the 16th or the 31st day which means all those people must keep it. like me! good thing i love mine tho!

I see.  But why would they have kept their phone past the 30 days anyways if they hated it? 

Message 30 of 94

Csonkitas wrote:

archermoo wrote:

I tried, my local store was totally sold out!

Bummer. I bought mine at an Apple store on release day.  They had stacks of bumpers sitting next to the stacks of iPhones, though I doubt they lasted out the day...

Message 31 of 94
Guru

Now here's the $64,000 question--will there be plenty of bumpers to go around for the millions of folks who already have an iPhone 4...or will there be a backorder for these as well?

Here's a radical thought--how about those folks who claim that they don't have any antenna issues on their iPhone 4 not be entitled to a FREE bumper?  After all, Apple is doing so (free bumper) as a way of addressing the antenna issue, so if you aren't experiencing the antenna issue...then why would you need to take Apple up on their free bumper offer in the first place?

Message 32 of 94

joeshmo2010 wrote:

Are you just assuming this, or have you gotten official word from Apple or AT&T on this?  Doesn't seem reasonable to me that your return window can start before you have the product in your hand.

Fortunately I just reserved one, so my receipt is dated 6/24.  Not that I have any interest in returning it...

Message 33 of 94
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support