Helpful Links

Free Microcell??

Contributor

Free Microcell??

I'm curious why I should have to pay for a Microcell just to get service in my apartment..  With other carriers, I never had to keep my phone by the window, listening for my voicemail signal, because of course it doesn't ring when someone calls.  I work as a freelancer for NBC and really need to get calls when they are made to me.  Not a half hour later as a voicemail.  I need a Microcell and think it should be supplied free as part of my 'basic service'.

Message 1 of 8
Master

Re: Free Microcell??

cameraop2010 wrote:

I'm curious why I should have to pay for a Microcell just to get service in my apartment..  With other carriers, I never had to keep my phone by the window, listening for my voicemail signal, because of course it doesn't ring when someone calls.  I work as a freelancer for NBC and really need to get calls when they are made to me.  Not a half hour later as a voicemail.  I need a Microcell and think it should be supplied free as part of my 'basic service'.

I agree with you, but AT&T will not offer you one for free. No matter if you are a "loyal customer".

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 8
Teacher

They gave me one free and a $75 credit because there coverage is terrible! Keep complaining!
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

How did you get them to give it to you for free? I have no coverage in my home. I have spent hours driving down the street to talk on my phone with AT&T tech support and still no relief. All they is tell me that should purchase a 3G Microcell for $150.

Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Tutor

I agree if you are locked into a 2 year agreement and you lack coverage in your house it should be free or maybe $5 per month. You are infact paying a premium for cellphone service. There are cheaper providers out there.

Message 5 of 8
Tutor

The bozo I talked with at customer service me I'd have to pay $150 for a MicroCell and $20 per month to use it.  I complained that I didn't want to subsidize AT&T's poor signal.  He said he'd be happy to cancel all my lines since I wasn't happy that I'm paying for a service that is not being delivered.  Then the clown had the audacity to tell me that AT&T appreciated my being a customer.

So much for rewarding long term customers.  Needless to say I am headed out to talk to Verizon.  AT&T has NO customer serviced.  I am SOOOOOOooooo happy I decided not to upgrade to the iPhone 4 until I got the coverage issue resolved.

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

Re: Free Microcell?

Well, I also asked the same question. I live in an area where ATT has a marginal coverage area and I ended up buying the microcell because I didn't receive the "letter" that they send randomly to customers. This action was not based on the type of quality coverage customers are receiving or the constant complaints I have done in order to improve the coverage area. Then, ATT was charging me $150 dollars for the antenna but got it for $79 after I conveyed how disgusted I was with their service. Okay, case close... so I thought. The flip phones and the iphones get an excellent reception on the house but the blackberries don't. The blackberries are still in the edge network while the rest of the phones are in the 3G network. I just got a blackberry a couple months ago but since I passed the "30 days satisfaction" period, I have to pay full price for a new phone or for both blackberries. Furthermore, if I want to cancel my contract I will have to pay $500 plus the rest of the bill. I have a total of 5 phones and it seems like ATT doesn't take in consideration loyalty and are reluctant to cooperate on these "issues" which are legitimate and justifiable. I went to the store and they said that I should've received the microcell for free without the so called "letter" because of the bad coverage area. The kind of service I received from customer service was very poor and not helpful whatsoever. Not even the manager on shift was helpful and if in doubt, they can check the "tapes" to double check the customer service provided. I am considering taking the hit of the early termination and move on. I have a microcell I can put for sale for $79!!!
Message 7 of 8
Tutor

Re: Free Microcell?

The sad part is that there are so many folks with legitimate complaints and AT&T chooses to ignore them.  I personally will leave AT&T and have no intention of returning.  Maybe I can't convince them to provide the service I have been paying for but I will encourage others to steer clear of this provider of poor service and no customer service.  I hope enough people leave AT&T to cause them to rethink the way they do business.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support