Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 25, 2010
10:13:19 PM
Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

I get on the free bumper app, order it...just got notification today mine won't ship until October 8...

LOL you will have to buy one in the meantime before your free one shows up...

What a mess....two month wait for a free item??? LOL I'll just pay for my Speck case.

Nice PR stunt...fail.

I get on the free bumper app, order it...just got notification today mine won't ship until October 8...

LOL you will have to buy one in the meantime before your free one shows up...

What a mess....two month wait for a free item??? LOL I'll just pay for my Speck case.

Nice PR stunt...fail.

Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

133 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(133)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 5:16:20 AM
(0)
Mentor

OH, didnt know that.  Hope he learned something at Apple.  lol

Cody_Badger wrote:

Jackal30 wrote:

You're right !  This has been so overblown that the EXECUTIVE of Apple's engineeer had RESIGNED.  Man, That 0.55% complaints carried lot of weight it seems !  HA HA HA

It's totally unrelated...  Look for Mark Papermaster (the iphone 4 executive engineer) to take over as CEO of HP. 

OH, didnt know that.  Hope he learned something at Apple.  lol

Cody_Badger wrote:

Jackal30 wrote:

You're right !  This has been so overblown that the EXECUTIVE of Apple's engineeer had RESIGNED.  Man, That 0.55% complaints carried lot of weight it seems !  HA HA HA

It's totally unrelated...  Look for Mark Papermaster (the iphone 4 executive engineer) to take over as CEO of HP. 

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

121 of 134 (549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 9:47:15 AM
(0)
Expert

Jackal30 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Virtual wrote:

Drama, delicious drama.

would not call it that, but anything else will get moderation attention

The person just will not accept that the problem is not as wide spread as the national enquirer style websites reports - aka chicken little syndrome

you don;t live in the world of multi-national corporations do you? Already suspected someone was going to be the scapegoat on this no matter what. SO he walks away with a undisclosed compensation package that will probably tied him over for a few paid years of vacation for takng it on the chin. Not unusual in the corporate world - someone foots the blame, pretty standard as a matter of business

Jackal30 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Virtual wrote:

Drama, delicious drama.

would not call it that, but anything else will get moderation attention

The person just will not accept that the problem is not as wide spread as the national enquirer style websites reports - aka chicken little syndrome

you don;t live in the world of multi-national corporations do you? Already suspected someone was going to be the scapegoat on this no matter what. SO he walks away with a undisclosed compensation package that will probably tied him over for a few paid years of vacation for takng it on the chin. Not unusual in the corporate world - someone foots the blame, pretty standard as a matter of business

122 of 134 (524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 9:49:00 AM
(0)
Expert

Jackal30 wrote:

YOU have demonstrated it, fine. But many other people, including myself, have been unable to replicate your results.  I'm apologizing for nothing.

And your WAAAAHHHH WAAAAAHHHHH factor is way more overrated. LOL.

Unfortunately you can't replicate my result nor I yours, since the location of the experiement is different (The WHOLE ISSSUE).

So it makes the whole subject null and void, you can't duplicate the other people's here and we can't duplicate your results - seems to make the whole antennea thing a chicken little subject. Thanks for proving the point

Jackal30 wrote:

YOU have demonstrated it, fine. But many other people, including myself, have been unable to replicate your results.  I'm apologizing for nothing.

Unfortunately you can't replicate my result nor I yours, since the location of the experiement is different (The WHOLE ISSSUE).

So it makes the whole subject null and void, you can't duplicate the other people's here and we can't duplicate your results - seems to make the whole antennea thing a chicken little subject. Thanks for proving the point

123 of 134 (524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 10:16:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

So, was it overblown still ?

Man, you have excuses for everything.   Apply Occam's razor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

So, was it overblown still ?

Man, you have excuses for everything.   Apply Occam's razor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

124 of 134 (509 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 10:20:44 AM
(0)
Mentor

Thus "your head in the sand comment".  It doesn't happen in your small work; therefore, others are blowing it out of proportion....

Thus "your head in the sand comment".  It doesn't happen in your small work; therefore, others are blowing it out of proportion....

125 of 134 (505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 11:18:08 AM
(0)
Expert

Jackal30 wrote:

forget it, you are set in your ways and will not listen  to any counter arguments. Again, you can duplicate, others cannot so there is no validated proof the the issue is nothing more then a chicken little senario. As far as "small work" would suggest that making assumptions are a bad thing, you have no idea what my companies size is nor the total gross before taxes is at the end of the year.

Jackal30 wrote:

forget it, you are set in your ways and will not listen  to any counter arguments. Again, you can duplicate, others cannot so there is no validated proof the the issue is nothing more then a chicken little senario. As far as "small work" would suggest that making assumptions are a bad thing, you have no idea what my companies size is nor the total gross before taxes is at the end of the year.

126 of 134 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 11:46:16 AM
(0)
Mentor

Sorry, I meant your small "world" (neck of the wood...) etc. etc...
Interesting:  New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/08/technology/08apple.html?partner=yahoofinance) "....Mark Papermaster, the Apple executive in charge of hardware for the company’s flagship iPhone, has left the company in the wake of widely reported problems with the antenna of the recently introduced iPhone 4." 
So the term "widely" is a lie in your world, since almighty YOU don't see the problem ?

Interesting:  New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/08/technology/08apple.html?partner=yahoofinance) "....Mark Papermaster, the Apple executive in charge of hardware for the company’s flagship iPhone, has left the company in the wake of widely reported problems with the antenna of the recently introduced iPhone 4." 
So the term "widely" is a lie in your world, since almighty YOU don't see the problem ?

127 of 134 (474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 12:26:09 PM
(0)
Guru

Jackal30 wrote:

There is a vast amount of difference between "widely reported" and "widely experienced".  Just because a lot of news sites talk about something doesn't mean that a lot of people are actually experiencing it even if you are one of the few people to be actually seeing the problem "in the wild".

Jackal30 wrote:

There is a vast amount of difference between "widely reported" and "widely experienced".  Just because a lot of news sites talk about something doesn't mean that a lot of people are actually experiencing it even if you are one of the few people to be actually seeing the problem "in the wild".

128 of 134 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 12:41:37 PM
(0)
Mentor

You're right.  The new free bumpers FIXED the "Problem".  NO use trying to enlighten you on what the bumper fixed.  Enjoy the free bumpers, took my less than a week to get mine.

Now to jailbreak or not to jailbreak.....

You're right.  The new free bumpers FIXED the "Problem".  NO use trying to enlighten you on what the bumper fixed.  Enjoy the free bumpers, took my less than a week to get mine.

129 of 134 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 1:03:46 PM
(0)
Guru

Jackal30 wrote:

Mostly what the cases Apple is giving away are fixing is public perception.  Personally I bought a bumper when I picked up my iPhone, so I got my refund for the charge the day before the application to order a free case was made available for download. Smiley Happy  Currently at least I'm not actually using the bumper, I just prefer the way the phone feels without a case on it.  One of the things I like about the iPhone 4 is how much better it deals with low signal areas compared to previous iPhones.

Jackal30 wrote:

Mostly what the cases Apple is giving away are fixing is public perception.  Personally I bought a bumper when I picked up my iPhone, so I got my refund for the charge the day before the application to order a free case was made available for download. Smiley Happy  Currently at least I'm not actually using the bumper, I just prefer the way the phone feels without a case on it.  One of the things I like about the iPhone 4 is how much better it deals with low signal areas compared to previous iPhones.

130 of 134 (447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 1:16:08 PM
(0)
Expert

Jackal30 wrote:

better make sure you get your before Sept 30 when the perception resolution program ends, wonder what the people that get their phone on Oct1 are going to do. No going ot bother trying to explain "what the bumper fixed" becasue you would doubt it and believe your little 2 phone test

Jackal30 wrote:

better make sure you get your before Sept 30 when the perception resolution program ends, wonder what the people that get their phone on Oct1 are going to do. No going ot bother trying to explain "what the bumper fixed" becasue you would doubt it and believe your little 2 phone test

131 of 134 (571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 1:26:03 PM
(0)
Professor

Jackal30 wrote:

Location is NOT the issue, since the parameters of the experiment are the same. The whole issue is that your hypothesis (hardware defect) is not currently supported by the evidence. So either you revise your hypothesis or conduct more rigorous experiments to filter out any parameters that might affect the results.

Jackal30 wrote:

Location is NOT the issue, since the parameters of the experiment are the same. The whole issue is that your hypothesis (hardware defect) is not currently supported by the evidence. So either you revise your hypothesis or conduct more rigorous experiments to filter out any parameters that might affect the results.

Posted from my iPhone 4. Look at me I'm hot and nerdy.

132 of 134 (558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 2:24:57 PM
(0)
Professor

archermoo wrote: 

I just prefer the way the phone feels without a case on it.  One of the things I like about the iPhone 4 is how much better it deals with low signal areas compared to previous iPhones.

This is exactly my experience with the iPhone 4. Ironically, I have the best reception with this phone than with any of the others (which weren't bad either, by the way).

archermoo wrote: 

I just prefer the way the phone feels without a case on it.  One of the things I like about the iPhone 4 is how much better it deals with low signal areas compared to previous iPhones.

This is exactly my experience with the iPhone 4. Ironically, I have the best reception with this phone than with any of the others (which weren't bad either, by the way).

133 of 134 (545 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 4:41:16 PM
(0)
Professor

Here's my take on the iP4 antenna, my iPhone 4 had worse reception then my 2 year old iPhone 3G in the same places and 5 times as many dropped calls. The bumper case made it stop dropping calls but the bars were still lower then my iP3G (I know they changed ther bars formula). Anyways I took my iPhone to the Apple store because it was shutting down by itself and not turning on without holding the top and home buttons for 15 seconds. They replaced it with a NEW iPhone and this one only drops one bar if you hold the spot (no case) and has much better reception (bars) then my iP3G, no dropped calls (with or without case) in the same places! So I don't know anymore if it's just a weird design or a bad batch, all I know is I'm happy Smiley Happy

Here's my take on the iP4 antenna, my iPhone 4 had worse reception then my 2 year old iPhone 3G in the same places and 5 times as many dropped calls. The bumper case made it stop dropping calls but the bars were still lower then my iP3G (I know they changed ther bars formula). Anyways I took my iPhone to the Apple store because it was shutting down by itself and not turning on without holding the top and home buttons for 15 seconds. They replaced it with a NEW iPhone and this one only drops one bar if you hold the spot (no case) and has much better reception (bars) then my iP3G, no dropped calls (with or without case) in the same places! So I don't know anymore if it's just a weird design or a bad batch, all I know is I'm happy Smiley Happy

134 of 134 (517 Views)