Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

I get on the free bumper app, order it...just got notification today mine won't ship until October 8...

 

LOL you will have to buy one in the meantime before your free one shows up...

 

What a mess....two month wait for a free item??? LOL I'll just pay for my Speck case.

 

Nice PR stunt...fail.

Message 1 of 134 (3,829 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

 


Rico5 wrote:

September is not bad for a free bumper and it's about to be Aug. Just wait the month and buy a cheap case in advance.


I was one of the lucky few who bought their iPhone 4 from Apple, and bought a bumper at the same time.  On the 23rd they refunded the bumper purchase price (plus tax) to my credit card, and I have verified with the card company, that the money is back in the account.  How's that for service?  I didn't have to do anything at all to get my money back making it a "free bumper".

 


Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 46 of 134 (978 Views)
Professor

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

Its funny how people who are having a particular "problem" tend to magnify that issue to include so many others who don't exist. In some cases they find it so hard to believe others aren't having the same problem they actually think you're lying or somehow misstating your case. Human nature I guess.
Message 47 of 134 (936 Views)
Mentor

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

Ah, dont you think is goes both ways ?  I have intermitten prob when I hold the phone tight.  At first, I thought I was the only one and my area sucked, but reading the board and news confirmed my "anomoly".  I didn't call or complalined thinking Apple or crazy consumer advocates will step it (sure enough).  I'm getting a free case and will learn to hold the phone "correctly".  All I want is Apple to say yes, this is the ONLY flaw with this gen iPhone and we'll make it better next time.

Very simple.  So NO, I thinking this has been minimized by Apple and not blown up by the public.

Message 48 of 134 (926 Views)

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

I ordered my free bumper within an hour of the app being released in the app store. My bumper is scheduled for delivery today. 

Message 49 of 134 (894 Views)
Professor

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

To answer your question, no. I don't think it goes both ways. Many smartphones can be manipulated in ways that attenuate the signal. This is nothing specific to iPhones or the iPhone 4. For the vast majority, as it is for me, it is a non-issue.
Message 50 of 134 (889 Views)
Teacher

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

i ordered the black belkin one, ships august 27, eta = september 1st

Message 51 of 134 (1,067 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

 


Jackal30 wrote:

 All I want is Apple to say yes, this is the ONLY flaw with this gen iPhone and we'll make it better next time.

 


 

Well, I doubt very much they would ever say such a thing. Rather, they would say, and do say, it's a radio. Don't expect it to not be a radio. Here's a free bumper, or return it and get some other product.

 

So, you're going to return it, or get a free bumper?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 52 of 134 (1,061 Views)
Mentor

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

Didn't Jobs get heat for claiming the same thing that other smartphone does the "same thing" ?  You need to recognize that all antannae attenuated when shorted, but not all smartphone attenuate signal when held by left hand !  What's so hard to understand and accept.  iPhone 4 attenuates signals more that other phones.

 

I'm getting my free case on Monday.  I love the phone, battery, camera, video; however, my phone drops call (frequently) when held with my left hand in weak area (period).  Nothing more, nothing less.

 

 

Message 53 of 134 (1,045 Views)
Expert

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!


Jackal30 wrote:

Didn't Jobs get heat for claiming the same thing that other smartphone does the "same thing" ?  You need to recognize that all antannae attenuated when shorted, but not all smartphone attenuate signal when held by left hand !  What's so hard to understand and accept.  iPhone 4 attenuates signals more that other phones.

 

I'm getting my free case on Monday.  I love the phone, battery, camera, video; however, my phone drops call (frequently) when held with my left hand in weak area (period).  Nothing more, nothing less.

 

 


/rofl nice you claim all the issue in one sentence, you sure that is all of the problems you want to claim?

Message 54 of 134 (1,044 Views)
Mentor

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

Pretty much !  Just a critical thinker and not a Fanboy.

Message 55 of 134 (1,013 Views)
Expert

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!


Jackal30 wrote:

Pretty much !  Just a critical thinker and not a Fanboy.


Niether am I, have decide after discussing with my IT people that the Iphone 4 does not offer us anything over the Iphone 3GS with OS 4.01 to justify the cost of upgraded all the corporate issued iphones so will not be doing so.

 

Again, making assumptions based on no facts is pretty much useless

Message 56 of 134 (993 Views)
Mentor

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

Scheduled for Monday.  Got it Friday !   A bit flimsy so I'll go on w/o a case and try to avoid "death grip" !

Message 57 of 134 (916 Views)

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

you know why we're getting it free? because Apple fudged up and put out a product (though they never claimed it was flawless) at the price tag of being flawless. It IS just like every other phone out there in that even with the technology, it's not going to be perfect. But for the price the customers pay, it should darn well be close to perfect. And when the product drops calls, mutes calls, begins to dial numbers for no reason, no customer should be reminded they paid out the wazoo for this to happen. 

 

So yes, something a little heartier than a handshake and "I'm sorry" is in order. A "bumper" case intended to keep interference at bay between the phone and your face FOR FREE is a start. But it's totally pointless and meaningless if you don't off the case along with the phone. And for those people who purchased before this all happened shouldn't have to wait 1-2 months for Apple to "make it right". 

 

Free ain't always free. And it sure as heck ain't free when you've nearly sold your soul to pay for Apple products. And as a consumer, I would assume correctly, that for Apple's prices, customers should receive nothing less than absolute satisfaction. I guess some companies are just more experienced in the customer service department and less in filling their pockets.

Message 58 of 134 (837 Views)

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

 


J_and_R_fo_life wrote:

you know why we're getting it free? because Apple fudged up and put out a product (though they never claimed it was flawless) at the price tag of being flawless. It IS just like every other phone out there in that even with the technology, it's not going to be perfect. But for the price the customers pay, it should darn well be close to perfect. And when the product drops calls, mutes calls, begins to dial numbers for no reason, no customer should be reminded they paid out the wazoo for this to happen. 

 

So yes, something a little heartier than a handshake and "I'm sorry" is in order. A "bumper" case intended to keep interference at bay between the phone and your face FOR FREE is a start. But it's totally pointless and meaningless if you don't off the case along with the phone. And for those people who purchased before this all happened shouldn't have to wait 1-2 months for Apple to "make it right". 

 

Free ain't always free. And it sure as heck ain't free when you've nearly sold your soul to pay for Apple products. And as a consumer, I would assume correctly, that for Apple's prices, customers should receive nothing less than absolute satisfaction. I guess some companies are just more experienced in the customer service department and less in filling their pockets.


You do realize that the pricing for the iPhone isn't substantially different than the pricing on any other similarly capable smartphone, right?

 

Message 59 of 134 (823 Views)
Professor

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

[ Edited ]
I'm thinking the same thing. I'm not sure $199 for a smartphone rises to the level of "paying out the wazoo." or "selling your soul." I think for what I paid I'm getting even more than I would from other phones in this category. I cant think of a single one I'd own over the iPhone. Either way, the truth is the vast majority of iPhone owners have not had any of the issues mentioned here, to the contrary of what you hear mentioned in the media and elsewhere. I know I haven't.
Message 60 of 134 (811 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.