Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 25, 2010
10:13:19 PM
Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

I get on the free bumper app, order it...just got notification today mine won't ship until October 8...

LOL you will have to buy one in the meantime before your free one shows up...

What a mess....two month wait for a free item??? LOL I'll just pay for my Speck case.

Nice PR stunt...fail.

I get on the free bumper app, order it...just got notification today mine won't ship until October 8...

What a mess....two month wait for a free item??? LOL I'll just pay for my Speck case.

Nice PR stunt...fail.

Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

133 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(133)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 10:53:44 PM
(0)
Scholar

It's free what do you expect?  People can be so greedy...

It's free what do you expect?  People can be so greedy...

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

2 of 134 (3,517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 10:55:01 PM
(0)
Mentor

Well they do got millions of people to send them to. Anyone up until whatever the date is in September can get one. So I assume that is why it will take so long. But yeah I have an otterbox on its way, still no phone and im thinkin i may get my otterbox b4 my fone. Ordered phone 7/14 and ordered the case 7/22.

Well they do got millions of people to send them to. Anyone up until whatever the date is in September can get one. So I assume that is why it will take so long. But yeah I have an otterbox on its way, still no phone and im thinkin i may get my otterbox b4 my fone. Ordered phone 7/14 and ordered the case 7/22.

3 of 134 (3,513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 10:55:47 PM
(0)
Mentor

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

Nice PR stunt...fail.

Why did you get the bumper?

You should of chosen a Speck case.  It would arrive faster.  You messed up. LoL

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

Nice PR stunt...fail.

07/13/10 Waiting since....

4 of 134 (3,507 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 10:57:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

free is free. I already had a case on mine. I can wait. 3-4 million case orders in a couple days I would expect will strain the system Smiley Very Happy

free is free. I already had a case on mine. I can wait. 3-4 million case orders in a couple days I would expect will strain the system Smiley Very Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 134 (3,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 12:31:03 AM
(0)
Professor

I ordered a Belkin case, and it's going to be shipped Sept 21. Since I already have a case, won't be any skin off my back. Smiley Very Happy

I ordered a Belkin case, and it's going to be shipped Sept 21. Since I already have a case, won't be any skin off my back. Smiley Very Happy

Posted from my iPhone 4. Look at me I'm hot and nerdy.

6 of 134 (3,443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:15:55 AM
(0)
Scholar

you are really going to complain about getting something free? completely free. don't have to pay shipping, nothing? these were 30$ plus shipping. lol comon man. plus every smartphone has an antenna that goes in and out when you cover it. people are making a huge deal out of nothing just because its apple and an iphone. if it was any other phone no one would have said anything.

you are really going to complain about getting something free? completely free. don't have to pay shipping, nothing? these were 30$ plus shipping. lol comon man. plus every smartphone has an antenna that goes in and out when you cover it. people are making a huge deal out of nothing just because its apple and an iphone. if it was any other phone no one would have said anything.

7 of 134 (3,423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 2:00:51 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Perceptum on Jul 26, 2010 at 2:14:15 AM

Lambo23 wrote:

Lambo23

Do you seriously believe that Apple is giving away these cases out of the goodness of their heart?  Heck no!  They are giving them away because Consumer Reports blasted them and told people not to buy the iPhone.  They are giving away their $2 dollar bumper case / band-aid instead of actually fixing the problem.  Their free case program is saving them millions by evading lawsuits and a recall.

Lambo23 wrote:

Lambo23

Do you seriously believe that Apple is giving away these cases out of the goodness of their heart?  Heck no!  They are giving them away because Consumer Reports blasted them and told people not to buy the iPhone.  They are giving away their $2 dollar bumper case / band-aid instead of actually fixing the problem.  Their free case program is saving them millions by evading lawsuits and a recall.

[ Edited ]
8 of 134 (3,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 2:06:37 AM
(0)
Scholar

I know why they are giving them away. the point im making is that complaing about the wait on something that is free is stupid.

I know why they are giving them away. the point im making is that complaing about the wait on something that is free is stupid.

9 of 134 (3,408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 2:18:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

Lambo23 wrote:

I know why they are giving them away. the point im making is that complaint about the wait on something that is free is stupid.

Lambo23 wrote:

I know why they are giving them away. the point im making is that complaint about the wait on something that is free is stupid.

10 of 134 (3,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 2:25:30 AM
(0)
Scholar

how is the phone broken sir? multiple tests, not only by apple, show that this is common among every smartphone.

Per Apple

how is the phone broken sir? multiple tests, not only by apple, show that this is common among every smartphone.

Per Apple

11 of 134 (1,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 2:28:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

have a nice day. Smiley Happy

have a nice day. Smiley Happy

12 of 134 (1,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 2:31:14 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Perceptum on Jul 26, 2010 at 2:31:38 AM

Are you serious??

Lambo23 wrote:

Per Apple

Are you serious??  I have never owned or have heard of anyone ever owning a smart phone that would disconnect a call (even with a weak signal) by holding it in any way.

Are you serious??

Lambo23 wrote:

Per Apple

Are you serious??  I have never owned or have heard of anyone ever owning a smart phone that would disconnect a call (even with a weak signal) by holding it in any way.

[ Edited ]
13 of 134 (1,393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 2:39:33 AM
(0)
Guru
The iPhone is broken? Wow that's news to me mine has worked just fine since it came in in June.

Who's to say that those other phones didnt drop calls as well and it just be blamed on the network they were on wether it be verizon AT&T sprint whatever? It's very likely the signal could have dropped while the phone was to their ear but when the call dropped the caller made a slight adjustment to their grip and the bars had started to return by the time the user look at the phone. Just saying it is highly possible.
The iPhone is broken? Wow that's news to me mine has worked just fine since it came in in June.

Who's to say that those other phones didnt drop calls as well and it just be blamed on the network they were on wether it be verizon AT&T sprint whatever? It's very likely the signal could have dropped while the phone was to their ear but when the call dropped the caller made a slight adjustment to their grip and the bars had started to return by the time the user look at the phone. Just saying it is highly possible.

14 of 134 (1,380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 4:04:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

To be completely honest, why would you not purchase a case for the phone?  I got mine on the 23rd of July and I went out that day to get a case for it.  It's funny that so many will break their phones just because they didn't spend a few dollars to protect it.

I've never had a dropped with over 10 hours of usage, which might not be a lot.  I do love the look of the phone but on the other hand, you need to protect your belongings too.

To be completely honest, why would you not purchase a case for the phone?  I got mine on the 23rd of July and I went out that day to get a case for it.  It's funny that so many will break their phones just because they didn't spend a few dollars to protect it.

I've never had a dropped with over 10 hours of usage, which might not be a lot.  I do love the look of the phone but on the other hand, you need to protect your belongings too.

Sent from my iPhone 4, powered by iOS 4.3.1.

15 of 134 (1,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 4:06:36 AM
(0)
Expert

Perceptum wrote:

Are you serious??

Lambo23 wrote:

Per Apple

you don;t read the forums much do you - disconnected calls are not limited to smart phones and it is reported on the net, simple research is your friend

Perceptum wrote:

Are you serious??

Lambo23 wrote:

Per Apple

you don;t read the forums much do you - disconnected calls are not limited to smart phones and it is reported on the net, simple research is your friend

16 of 134 (1,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 4:08:22 AM
(0)
Expert

Perceptum wrote:

Lambo23 wrote:

If you break your phone then you need to wait for it.

Have numerous friends and co workers that have the Iphone 4 for personal use - none of them have complained about the phone being "broken"

Perceptum wrote:

Lambo23 wrote:

If you break your phone then you need to wait for it.

Have numerous friends and co workers that have the Iphone 4 for personal use - none of them have complained about the phone being "broken"

17 of 134 (1,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 4:42:43 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by vidguy7 on Jul 26, 2010 at 4:45:20 AM

Lambo23 wrote:

Keep in mind that the case, for some people, is the difference between making & holding a call or not.  So to tell them they can't get reliable reception until Octoboer is no small issue. Yes, the can buy a case on their own in the interim, but then what's the point of the free offer for them?

To those that think the reception issue is not an issue because THEY haven't had the issue, think again.  There are many many people who live in areas where the issue for this phone IS different than other phones.   I've seen it and many others have too.  With the case it is a different issue, but I don't think people should attack others for indicating they do have an issue.

Lambo23 wrote:

Keep in mind that the case, for some people, is the difference between making & holding a call or not.  So to tell them they can't get reliable reception until Octoboer is no small issue. Yes, the can buy a case on their own in the interim, but then what's the point of the free offer for them?

To those that think the reception issue is not an issue because THEY haven't had the issue, think again.  There are many many people who live in areas where the issue for this phone IS different than other phones.   I've seen it and many others have too.  With the case it is a different issue, but I don't think people should attack others for indicating they do have an issue.

[ Edited ]
18 of 134 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 5:16:10 AM
(0)
Scholar
Steve jobs mentioned during the news conference that the can make enough of the bumpers so that is why they also have some third party cases. And I went to order mine says ships 3 to 5 weeks. I agree with the other post this annenta is blown out of control and if you are have the problem just use you right hand the you will be fine
Steve jobs mentioned during the news conference that the can make enough of the bumpers so that is why they also have some third party cases. And I went to order mine says ships 3 to 5 weeks. I agree with the other post this annenta is blown out of control and if you are have the problem just use you right hand the you will be fine

19 of 134 (1,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 5:23:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Perceptum wrote:

They should not wait at all. If their phone is broken, and they cannot get it fixed to their satisfaction, they should return it for a full refund and get a different phone.

My phone isn't broken. If yours is, get it fixed, or get a different phone.

Perceptum wrote:

They should not wait at all. If their phone is broken, and they cannot get it fixed to their satisfaction, they should return it for a full refund and get a different phone.

My phone isn't broken. If yours is, get it fixed, or get a different phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

20 of 134 (1,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 5:26:58 AM
(0)
Scholar
My phone is not broken it is working, but I do have anennta issue
My phone is not broken it is working, but I do have anennta issue

21 of 134 (1,349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 6:32:23 AM
(0)
Teacher

Can we stop about the antenna and bumper case issue, my issue  is when am I going to get my phone, its been too long already, ugggh, lol sorry had to vent, lol

Can we stop about the antenna and bumper case issue, my issue  is when am I going to get my phone, its been too long already, ugggh, lol sorry had to vent, lol

22 of 134 (1,318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 7:46:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

my free case ships 8/27.

my free case ships 8/27.

23 of 134 (1,286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 8:13:29 AM
(0)
Scholar

Explicit wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

Nice PR stunt...fail.

I chose the Speck case, the ship date is Oct 8.

I got a cheap bumper at Best Buy after the launch.

You fail.

Explicit wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

Nice PR stunt...fail.

I chose the Speck case, the ship date is Oct 8.

I got a cheap bumper at Best Buy after the launch.

You fail.

24 of 134 (1,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 10:06:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I just checked and mine ships sept 8th Smiley Happy

I just checked and mine ships sept 8th Smiley Happy

25 of 134 (1,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 10:46:31 AM
(0)
Scholar

Just saw they started shipping to the UK

Just saw they started shipping to the UK

26 of 134 (1,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 11:36:44 AM
(0)
Teacher

A definitions of broken is "not functioning properly".  Apple's free fix for the problem is months away, so the original posters complaint is valid.

A definitions of broken is "not functioning properly".  Apple's free fix for the problem is months away, so the original posters complaint is valid.

27 of 134 (1,154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 11:43:22 AM
(0)
Professor

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

Nice PR stunt...fail.

I actually agree!!

Yeah its free, but why wait so long to ship! I mean we have been suffereing long enough they should ship em asap, and a free case as a solution is pretty wack to me in the first place, but I still ordered one

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

Nice PR stunt...fail.

I actually agree!!

Yeah its free, but why wait so long to ship! I mean we have been suffereing long enough they should ship em asap, and a free case as a solution is pretty wack to me in the first place, but I still ordered one

28 of 134 (1,146 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 5:17:57 AM
(0)
Mentor

Ok, How many of you Fanboys/gals that dismissed this antennae issue as frivolous yet was the first ones to order the frees case and NOW is complaining about the wait time ?   Mine is in transit and to arrive on the 2nd of Aug.

All hypocrite, raise your hands !

Ok, How many of you Fanboys/gals that dismissed this antennae issue as frivolous yet was the first ones to order the frees case and NOW is complaining about the wait time ?   Mine is in transit and to arrive on the 2nd of Aug.

All hypocrite, raise your hands !

29 of 134 (1,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 5:22:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Perceptum wrote:

Well, actually, antennas that are impeded should drop in sensitivity, so the antenna design is functioning perfectly.

The poster is whining about not getting a free case or bumper FAST ENOUGH for a $200-$300 device. He could spend $2 and get a cheap one, or even use $0.02 worth of tape, if he happens to be someone with very sweaty palms who always holds his phone in a death grip, in a marginal signal area.

Perceptum wrote:

Well, actually, antennas that are impeded should drop in sensitivity, so the antenna design is functioning perfectly.

The poster is whining about not getting a free case or bumper FAST ENOUGH for a $200-$300 device. He could spend $2 and get a cheap one, or even use $0.02 worth of tape, if he happens to be someone with very sweaty palms who always holds his phone in a death grip, in a marginal signal area.

30 of 134 (1,094 Views)