Helpful Links

Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

I get on the free bumper app, order it...just got notification today mine won't ship until October 8...

LOL you will have to buy one in the meantime before your free one shows up...

What a mess....two month wait for a free item??? LOL I'll just pay for my Speck case.

Nice PR stunt...fail.

Message 1 of 134
Scholar

Re: Free Bumper...What A Joke!!!

It's free what do you expect?  People can be so greedy...

Message 2 of 134
Mentor

Well they do got millions of people to send them to. Anyone up until whatever the date is in September can get one. So I assume that is why it will take so long. But yeah I have an otterbox on its way, still no phone and im thinkin i may get my otterbox b4 my fone. Ordered phone 7/14 and ordered the case 7/22.

Message 3 of 134
Mentor

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

I get on the free bumper app, order it...just got notification today mine won't ship until October 8...

LOL you will have to buy one in the meantime before your free one shows up...

What a mess....two month wait for a free item??? LOL I'll just pay for my Speck case.

Nice PR stunt...fail.

Why did you get the bumper?

You should of chosen a Speck case.  It would arrive faster.  You messed up. LoL

Message 4 of 134
Highlighted
Professor

free is free. I already had a case on mine. I can wait. 3-4 million case orders in a couple days I would expect will strain the system Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 134
Professor

I ordered a Belkin case, and it's going to be shipped Sept 21. Since I already have a case, won't be any skin off my back. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 134
Scholar

you are really going to complain about getting something free? completely free. don't have to pay shipping, nothing? these were 30$ plus shipping. lol comon man. plus every smartphone has an antenna that goes in and out when you cover it. people are making a huge deal out of nothing just because its apple and an iphone. if it was any other phone no one would have said anything.

Message 7 of 134
Teacher

Lambo23 wrote:

you are really going to complain about getting something free? completely free. don't have to pay shipping, nothing? these were 30$ plus shipping. lol comon man. plus every smartphone has an antenna that goes in and out when you cover it. people are making a huge deal out of nothing just because its apple and an iphone. if it was any other phone no one would have said anything.

Lambo23

Do you seriously believe that Apple is giving away these cases out of the goodness of their heart?  Heck no!  They are giving them away because Consumer Reports blasted them and told people not to buy the iPhone.  They are giving away their $2 dollar bumper case / band-aid instead of actually fixing the problem.  Their free case program is saving them millions by evading lawsuits and a recall.

Message 8 of 134
Scholar

I know why they are giving them away. the point im making is that complaing about the wait on something that is free is stupid.

Message 9 of 134
Teacher

Lambo23 wrote:

I know why they are giving them away. the point im making is that complaint about the wait on something that is free is stupid.

Message 10 of 134
Scholar

how is the phone broken sir? multiple tests, not only by apple, show that this is common among every smartphone.

Per Apple

Message 11 of 134
Scholar

have a nice day. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 134
Teacher

Are you serious??

Lambo23 wrote:

how is the phone broken sir? multiple tests, not only by apple, show that this is common among every smartphone.

Per Apple

Are you serious??  I have never owned or have heard of anyone ever owning a smart phone that would disconnect a call (even with a weak signal) by holding it in any way.

Message 13 of 134
Guru

The iPhone is broken? Wow that's news to me mine has worked just fine since it came in in June.

Who's to say that those other phones didnt drop calls as well and it just be blamed on the network they were on wether it be verizon AT&T sprint whatever? It's very likely the signal could have dropped while the phone was to their ear but when the call dropped the caller made a slight adjustment to their grip and the bars had started to return by the time the user look at the phone. Just saying it is highly possible.
Message 14 of 134
Scholar

To be completely honest, why would you not purchase a case for the phone?  I got mine on the 23rd of July and I went out that day to get a case for it.  It's funny that so many will break their phones just because they didn't spend a few dollars to protect it.

I've never had a dropped with over 10 hours of usage, which might not be a lot.  I do love the look of the phone but on the other hand, you need to protect your belongings too.

Message 15 of 134
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support