Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 8, 2010
4:23:01 AM
View profile
Forwarding SMS Messages to Google Voice

Hey Guys, 

I have looked around for an answer for this question, but I seem to be turning up nothing.  Here is my dilemma.  I work in an office in a basement with No ATT Cell Service.  I get all my left VM messages sent to Google Voice Mail, so I get them thru the GV web interfact, but I haven't figured out how to do this sort of thing with my SMS Messages.  I know there is probably an App to do the forwarding, but that would require the messages getting to my Iphone in the first place, which is why I was hoping there could be a forwarding feature on ATT's side.

Does anyone know if this is possible?  If so, how?

Thanks in Advance!

Hey Guys, 

I have looked around for an answer for this question, but I seem to be turning up nothing.  Here is my dilemma.  I work in an office in a basement with No ATT Cell Service.  I get all my left VM messages sent to Google Voice Mail, so I get them thru the GV web interfact, but I haven't figured out how to do this sort of thing with my SMS Messages.  I know there is probably an App to do the forwarding, but that would require the messages getting to my Iphone in the first place, which is why I was hoping there could be a forwarding feature on ATT's side.

Does anyone know if this is possible?  If so, how?

Thanks in Advance!

Forwarding SMS Messages to Google Voice

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2010 11:35:47 AM
(0)
Guru

I don't believe there's a way to forward SMS/MMS messages on the network end of things.  The most seamless solution would be to use a GV number and to distribute that number to the people who text you.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

I don't believe there's a way to forward SMS/MMS messages on the network end of things.  The most seamless solution would be to use a GV number and to distribute that number to the people who text you.

Re: Forwarding SMS Messages to Google Voice

2 of 3 (4,639 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 7:19:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi!

There is a website http://store.handango.com which has various software for use with mobile media. One is called "MessageForward" which automatically forwards a copy of all incoming SMS text messages to any email address you provide. Check it out to see if there is a program there that will support your phone. Hope this is what you're looking for.

Hi!

There is a website http://store.handango.com which has various software for use with mobile media. One is called "MessageForward" which automatically forwards a copy of all incoming SMS text messages to any email address you provide. Check it out to see if there is a program there that will support your phone. Hope this is what you're looking for.

Re: Forwarding SMS Messages to Google Voice

3 of 3 (4,457 Views)