Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 11, 2011
2:26:14 PM
View profile
Forgotten Password

Repeating. Forgot password to unlock Samsung 4G Infuse. Any suggestions? Desperate!

Repeating. Forgot password to unlock Samsung 4G Infuse. Any suggestions? Desperate!

Forgotten Password

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 3:20:53 PM
(0)
Employee
Unlock as in the security passcode set by you?
Unlock as in the security passcode set by you?
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Forgotten Password

2 of 4 (660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 3:23:55 PM
(0)
Employee
Oops. If that's the case, a master reset is the solution. Unfortunately not all devices offer a hard reset option if you can't get into the phone. You can check on the device support page, in the tutorials there will be steps, check the bottom to see if there is an alternate method. Remember that if you do a master reset, everything stored on the device is lost. Items saved to sin and memory card are safe though. Good luck!
Oops. If that's the case, a master reset is the solution. Unfortunately not all devices offer a hard reset option if you can't get into the phone. You can check on the device support page, in the tutorials there will be steps, check the bottom to see if there is an alternate method. Remember that if you do a master reset, everything stored on the device is lost. Items saved to sin and memory card are safe though. Good luck!
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (658 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 2:14:47 AM
(0)
Employee

if you input the wrong password too many times it should revert to ask you for your gmail information that is associated with the phone if one was set up. other than that a master reset will need to be done.

1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Infuse 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Downfor NO

if you input the wrong password too many times it should revert to ask you for your gmail information that is associated with the phone if one was set up. other than that a master reset will need to be done.

1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Infuse 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Downfor NO

4 of 4 (626 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments