Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 3, 2012
8:54:39 PM
View profile
Forced upgrade to transfer responsibilities...

I am wanting to transfer the billing/contract responsibilities over to me (because it's in someone elses name) but in order to do so it says that:

"The following feature(s) will be added to this device: Data Pro 3GB for iPhone"

Right now I'm only paying $15 for data, why do I have to do this upgrade in order to transfer the billing?

I am wanting to transfer the billing/contract responsibilities over to me (because it's in someone elses name) but in order to do so it says that:

"The following feature(s) will be added to this device: Data Pro 3GB for iPhone"

Right now I'm only paying $15 for data, why do I have to do this upgrade in order to transfer the billing?

Forced upgrade to transfer responsibilities...

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2012 3:25:22 AM
(0)
Expert

lisa23 wrote:

When you do a transfer of billing you are creating a new account. All grandfathered features that are currently on the account are removed.

Not sure why you are being told the 3GB plan, but the 15.00 for 200MB plan was discontinued. You can choose the replacement plan of 20.00 for 300MB

lisa23 wrote:

When you do a transfer of billing you are creating a new account. All grandfathered features that are currently on the account are removed.

Not sure why you are being told the 3GB plan, but the 15.00 for 200MB plan was discontinued. You can choose the replacement plan of 20.00 for 300MB

Re: Forced upgrade to transfer responsibilities...

2 of 5 (298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2012 9:03:30 AM
(0)
Master
If your are switching from a basic phone to a smartphone, the data plans are not compatible with the switch.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
If your are switching from a basic phone to a smartphone, the data plans are not compatible with the switch.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 5 (282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2012 5:08:09 PM
(0)
Mentor

wingrider01 wrote:

lisa23 wrote:

Ahh ok. I didn't think anything would change since all I was trying to do was change the contract name to someone else. But that is another things that I don't get is why they are defaulting the Data Pro 3GB one when there is the one like you said for $20.

wingrider01 wrote:

lisa23 wrote:

Ahh ok. I didn't think anything would change since all I was trying to do was change the contract name to someone else. But that is another things that I don't get is why they are defaulting the Data Pro 3GB one when there is the one like you said for $20.

4 of 5 (263 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2012 9:23:27 AM
(0)
Expert

lisa23 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

lisa23 wrote:

that one I cannot answer or even speculate about, sorry

lisa23 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

lisa23 wrote:

that one I cannot answer or even speculate about, sorry

5 of 5 (254 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments