Forced upgrade to transfer responsibilities...

Mentor

Forced upgrade to transfer responsibilities...

I am wanting to transfer the billing/contract responsibilities over to me (because it's in someone elses name) but in order to do so it says that:

"The following feature(s) will be added to this device: Data Pro 3GB for iPhone"

Right now I'm only paying $15 for data, why do I have to do this upgrade in order to transfer the billing?

Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Forced upgrade to transfer responsibilities...

lisa23 wrote:

I am wanting to transfer the billing/contract responsibilities over to me (because it's in someone elses name) but in order to do so it says that:

"The following feature(s) will be added to this device: Data Pro 3GB for iPhone"

Right now I'm only paying $15 for data, why do I have to do this upgrade in order to transfer the billing?

When you do a transfer of billing you are creating a new account. All grandfathered features that are currently on the account are removed.

Not sure why you are being told the 3GB plan, but the 15.00 for 200MB plan was discontinued. You can choose the replacement plan of 20.00 for 300MB

Message 2 of 5
Master

If your are switching from a basic phone to a smartphone, the data plans are not compatible with the switch.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 5
Mentor

wingrider01 wrote:

lisa23 wrote:

When you do a transfer of billing you are creating a new account. All grandfathered features that are currently on the account are removed.

Not sure why you are being told the 3GB plan, but the 15.00 for 200MB plan was discontinued. You can choose the replacement plan of 20.00 for 300MB

Ahh ok. I didn't think anything would change since all I was trying to do was change the contract name to someone else. But that is another things that I don't get is why they are defaulting the Data Pro 3GB one when there is the one like you said for $20.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Expert

lisa23 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

lisa23 wrote:

Ahh ok. I didn't think anything would change since all I was trying to do was change the contract name to someone else. But that is another things that I don't get is why they are defaulting the Data Pro 3GB one when there is the one like you said for $20.

that one I cannot answer or even speculate about, sorry

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support