For those with the Captivate with random shutdown issues...

Mentor

For those with the Captivate with random shutdown issues...

I was just curious as to when each of you got your phones?  Or better yet, is there a way to tell when the phones were manufactured?  Maybe there is a correlation there?  Has Samsung provided a fix for the problem yet?

Message 1 of 5 (2,862 Views)
Master

Re: For those with the Captivate with random shutdown issues...

missourigrl, I think that you should post this topic in the Samsung Board. You might get better luck finding the answers/opinions to your inquiry there. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5 (2,824 Views)
Mentor

I see it has been moved.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Message 3 of 5 (2,815 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I am on my third Captivate and so far (fingers crossed) no shutdown problem on this one after just over a week.

I bought my first one Sept. 20 in southeast PA (randomly shutdown a few times and then bricked after an OTA update); exchanged in store for my next one (also randomly shutdown, sometime 12-15 times a day) less than a week later from the same vendor.  My third phone I picked up on Oct 12 from the same vendor after waiting until they got a new shipment in (I didn't want another one from the obviously bad batch).

I was told by the sales woman that they have been having a lot of problems with the Captivate (random shutdowns and a few that also bricked after an update).

Has anyone filed or know anything about a class action against AT&T and Samsung in regard to this problem?  It's obviously a well known, on-going problem that they are trying to brush under the rug and not satisfactory resolving or acknowledging.  If so, please post  it here so we can all start jumping on board!

Message 4 of 5 (2,747 Views)
Master

Not sure if you've looked at/participated in this thread, but it is very busy (7 pages.) Maybe this will answer your question(s).

Captivate random shut downs

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 5 (2,668 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.