Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 12, 2010
3:59:05 PM
View profile
For the love of pete! I want 3G in my area already!

I have a 3G phone but no 3g? verizon has 4G phones and 4Gservice running in certain areas and I still dont have 3G? Come on AT&T for all the money you charge  you can afford to get it up everywhere! Anyone else angry because of the 3G situation? Speak out!!

I have a 3G phone but no 3g? verizon has 4G phones and 4Gservice running in certain areas and I still dont have 3G? Come on AT&T for all the money you charge  you can afford to get it up everywhere! Anyone else angry because of the 3G situation? Speak out!!

For the love of pete! I want 3G in my area already!

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2010 4:45:56 PM
(0)
Guru

Swinzey wrote:

I think you meant Sprint has 4G, not Verizon yet.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.

Swinzey wrote:

I think you meant Sprint has 4G, not Verizon yet.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Re: For the love of pete! I want 3G in my area already!

2 of 9 (404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2010 9:56:45 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by brendanz on Sep 14, 2010 at 9:58:25 PM

Quite frankly, It doesn't matter who the heck has 4G.  The fact is, the other carriers have 3G already!  I live in an area that is SURROUNDED by 3G but unfortunately does not extend into "my area".  For the past 2 yrs this region (Middletown, NY) has been told we are getting 3G.  Look at your map AT&T...the coverage stops at these 2 major interstates = I84 and I287/87.   WHY?!  Get on your game, step it up.  You make billions! BILLIONS every year! Funnel some of those profits into getting your infrastructure up to date before you go and develop 4G because because you're still struggling with mass rollout of 3G.  It's getting to be a bit ridiculous!Smiley Mad

Also, it's not like a live in some po-dunk town in the middle of nowhere!  I live an hour and half north of NYC...the train to NY stops out here.  It's a highly populated area and its not the middle of bum f***. Smiley Mad

BTW, to click_clack, the AT&T Employee...I just recently stopped working for a Verizon Retailer and yes, Verizon is developing its 4G.  In fact they now have slots in their system to activate 4G phones.  So beware, it is coming!Smiley Surprised

Quite frankly, It doesn't matter who the heck has 4G.  The fact is, the other carriers have 3G already!  I live in an area that is SURROUNDED by 3G but unfortunately does not extend into "my area".  For the past 2 yrs this region (Middletown, NY) has been told we are getting 3G.  Look at your map AT&T...the coverage stops at these 2 major interstates = I84 and I287/87.   WHY?!  Get on your game, step it up.  You make billions! BILLIONS every year! Funnel some of those profits into getting your infrastructure up to date before you go and develop 4G because because you're still struggling with mass rollout of 3G.  It's getting to be a bit ridiculous!Smiley Mad

Also, it's not like a live in some po-dunk town in the middle of nowhere!  I live an hour and half north of NYC...the train to NY stops out here.  It's a highly populated area and its not the middle of bum f***. Smiley Mad

BTW, to click_clack, the AT&T Employee...I just recently stopped working for a Verizon Retailer and yes, Verizon is developing its 4G.  In fact they now have slots in their system to activate 4G phones.  So beware, it is coming!Smiley Surprised

[ Edited ]
3 of 9 (389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 7:22:28 PM
(0)
Teacher
Lol....shoulda stayed with your former employer. They'll probably be able to buy out att once everyone figures out how crappy the 3G network is. Hope that's soon so I can get some 3G here in shelbyville....20 minutes south of Indy.
Lol....shoulda stayed with your former employer. They'll probably be able to buy out att once everyone figures out how crappy the 3G network is. Hope that's soon so I can get some 3G here in shelbyville....20 minutes south of Indy.

4 of 9 (344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2010 3:12:46 AM
(0)
Employee
Verizon is supplying 4G but they dont have any compatible phones yet just laptop cards. They won't have the phones until at&t rolls out their 4g
Verizon is supplying 4G but they dont have any compatible phones yet just laptop cards. They won't have the phones until at&t rolls out their 4g
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 9 (329 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2010 12:19:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

No 3G yet in my area but they keep saying we'll have it in a few months.  Meanwhile Verizon has just about the entire country covered with 3G  AT&T is a joke.

No 3G yet in my area but they keep saying we'll have it in a few months.  Meanwhile Verizon has just about the entire country covered with 3G  AT&T is a joke.

6 of 9 (309 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2010 2:09:37 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by pamelaz on Dec 30, 2010 at 2:10:29 PM

Yaaay!!!! 3G in Shelbyville Indiana now. Thanks att. I am however gonna take full credit for it. I {word filter evasion} and whined awhile long enough to do so. N e way hope y'all get it soon.

Yaaay!!!! 3G in Shelbyville Indiana now. Thanks att. I am however gonna take full credit for it. I {word filter evasion} and whined awhile long enough to do so. N e way hope y'all get it soon.

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2011 4:02:41 AM
(0)
Scholar

i'm going to bump this up instead of starting a thread with the exact same topic. 

i live in a small town. the only two cell phone players in town are at&t and verizon. luckily, i had at&t when i moved up here about a year ago so i didn't have to switch providers. the problem is, the fast 3g service that i was getting while living in the atlanta suburbs does not extend even remotely close to my current location. so for about a year i have not had access to the 3g service, but i cannot cancel my data plan if i want to keep the unlimited data option. 

i can understand, small town = no 3g. the problem is verizon has offered 3g service this entire time. now i'm not one to bash at&t and stomp my feet while proclaiming my intent to jump ship. the overall call quality of at&t has been great. however, i am one of those people that actually uses the data plan heavily. i have an iphone and i make proper use of it. i may not be in the city any longer, but i certainly try to stay connected. 

anyone who uses the edge network understands that even for simple tasks like google maps, it is quite unusable. all i ask for is someone who can tell me when and if at&t will extend its 3g service to this area. i have called customer service numerous times and i usually get, god bless them, what seems like the most incompetent representative possible. i understand that phone center reps aren't exactly on the cutting edge of r&d, but they don't even have a direction to point me in. i will do all the calling and emailing necessary to get some sort of answer to the question, 'will 3g be coming to my area in the next 2 years?' if not, i find it difficult to justify staying with a company that does not provide the full service that i am paying for. 

i know there are no official at&t employees staffed to run this forum, but i'm hoping someone knows where i can do some research. i have exhausted google with search terms that i thought would be relevant. i just need some sort of hope that my money isn't going down the drain.

i'm sure the other player in town will have its own problems, but for me personally, data coverage is just as important as call quality. again, i'm not meaning this to be a bashing of at&t, i just want what i am paying for. 

i'm going to bump this up instead of starting a thread with the exact same topic. 

i live in a small town. the only two cell phone players in town are at&t and verizon. luckily, i had at&t when i moved up here about a year ago so i didn't have to switch providers. the problem is, the fast 3g service that i was getting while living in the atlanta suburbs does not extend even remotely close to my current location. so for about a year i have not had access to the 3g service, but i cannot cancel my data plan if i want to keep the unlimited data option. 

i can understand, small town = no 3g. the problem is verizon has offered 3g service this entire time. now i'm not one to bash at&t and stomp my feet while proclaiming my intent to jump ship. the overall call quality of at&t has been great. however, i am one of those people that actually uses the data plan heavily. i have an iphone and i make proper use of it. i may not be in the city any longer, but i certainly try to stay connected. 

anyone who uses the edge network understands that even for simple tasks like google maps, it is quite unusable. all i ask for is someone who can tell me when and if at&t will extend its 3g service to this area. i have called customer service numerous times and i usually get, god bless them, what seems like the most incompetent representative possible. i understand that phone center reps aren't exactly on the cutting edge of r&d, but they don't even have a direction to point me in. i will do all the calling and emailing necessary to get some sort of answer to the question, 'will 3g be coming to my area in the next 2 years?' if not, i find it difficult to justify staying with a company that does not provide the full service that i am paying for. 

i know there are no official at&t employees staffed to run this forum, but i'm hoping someone knows where i can do some research. i have exhausted google with search terms that i thought would be relevant. i just need some sort of hope that my money isn't going down the drain.

i'm sure the other player in town will have its own problems, but for me personally, data coverage is just as important as call quality. again, i'm not meaning this to be a bashing of at&t, i just want what i am paying for. 

8 of 9 (276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 6:56:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

We were suppose to get 3G coverage in our area ( Oxford/Anniston Alabama) before the end of Dec 2010. Now its been pushed to another date (unknown) I'm getting tired of not having the same as everyone else. We are between two major cities (Atlanta and Birmingham) and still can't get the coverage we deserve. I think I'm going back to Verizon or Sprint, when my contract is up!!!!!

Joe

We were suppose to get 3G coverage in our area ( Oxford/Anniston Alabama) before the end of Dec 2010. Now its been pushed to another date (unknown) I'm getting tired of not having the same as everyone else. We are between two major cities (Atlanta and Birmingham) and still can't get the coverage we deserve. I think I'm going back to Verizon or Sprint, when my contract is up!!!!!

Joe

9 of 9 (259 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments