Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted May 9, 2012
11:19:47 AM
View profile
For 70 dollars outstanding balance, all my deposit (may be more than 1000 dollar ) was charged.

I suspended my cell phone when I left USA last August. Then, there was around 1500 dollar deposit in my account (I was a holder of family plan so there were three cell phone's deposit in my account).As soon as I went back US a few days ago,I went to a local store of AT&T to reactivate my cellphone. But the staff there told me my account is cancelled because I didn't pay the bill on time. I was also informed that all my deposit was confiscated for punishing my belated payment. It is acceptable for me to cancel my account. To be sure, I didn't pay the bill on time. But the sum of bill is not much (10 dollar per month, so the sum would be 60-70 dollar). As the policy states, "If you have an outstanding balance, your deposit will be used towards the fulfillment of your balance". So that a plausible solution should be reducing the amount of due payment from my deposit and allowing me withdraw the rest. It is really ridiculous to take away all my deposit. is there any chance I can get my the rest of my deposit back? thanks.

I suspended my cell phone when I left USA last August. Then, there was around 1500 dollar deposit in my account (I was a holder of family plan so there were three cell phone's deposit in my account).As soon as I went back US a few days ago,I went to a local store of AT&T to reactivate my cellphone. But the staff there told me my account is cancelled because I didn't pay the bill on time. I was also informed that all my deposit was confiscated for punishing my belated payment. It is acceptable for me to cancel my account. To be sure, I didn't pay the bill on time. But the sum of bill is not much (10 dollar per month, so the sum would be 60-70 dollar). As the policy states, "If you have an outstanding balance, your deposit will be used towards the fulfillment of your balance". So that a plausible solution should be reducing the amount of due payment from my deposit and allowing me withdraw the rest. It is really ridiculous to take away all my deposit. is there any chance I can get my the rest of my deposit back? thanks.

For 70 dollars outstanding balance, all my deposit (may be more than 1000 dollar ) was charged.

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too