Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 27, 2010
1:36:11 PM
View profile
Focus on AT&T with iPhone data plan

I currently have an iPhone 4 and I just bought a Samsung Focus (out of contract on ebay). I want to be able to switch between the two phones periodically as I plan on doing development on the Focus. However when I put my sim card in the Focus I can only get Edge data. Does anyone know how I can get 3G without changing my data plan with AT&T?

I currently have an iPhone 4 and I just bought a Samsung Focus (out of contract on ebay). I want to be able to switch between the two phones periodically as I plan on doing development on the Focus. However when I put my sim card in the Focus I can only get Edge data. Does anyone know how I can get 3G without changing my data plan with AT&T?

Focus on AT&T with iPhone data plan

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2010 3:21:22 PM
(0)
Mentor
i think its something to do with the IMEI of your phone if ATT only have the IMEI of your iphone it will connect w/o a problem but if you swap phones, ATT's network will have a bit of a fit on your focus(it only concerns data though and it doesnt affect voice calls). if you want to use the focus you'll have to phone att support and tell them u wanna use the focus they'll ask for the IMEI of that phone and add it to their system and hopefully problem solved. sort of like your MAC address on your network card and i meant sort of.
i think its something to do with the IMEI of your phone if ATT only have the IMEI of your iphone it will connect w/o a problem but if you swap phones, ATT's network will have a bit of a fit on your focus(it only concerns data though and it doesnt affect voice calls). if you want to use the focus you'll have to phone att support and tell them u wanna use the focus they'll ask for the IMEI of that phone and add it to their system and hopefully problem solved. sort of like your MAC address on your network card and i meant sort of.

Re: Focus on AT&T with iPhone data plan

2 of 4 (1,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2010 7:51:26 PM
(0)
Professor

The data plans are not interchangeable. If you want to use the Focus, you'll have to call and have the plan switched.

The data plans are not interchangeable. If you want to use the Focus, you'll have to call and have the plan switched.

3 of 4 (1,000 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2010 10:11:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

Fixed it. I just re-seated the SIM card and all is well. Thanks for everyones help!

Fixed it. I just re-seated the SIM card and all is well. Thanks for everyones help!

4 of 4 (952 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments