Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 3, 2011
7:45:25 AM
View profile
Focus, Mango, and Bluetooth

Hi:

I was the first guy In Dallas to buy my Focus (version 1.3 ROM).  I like the phone and am a big MS supporter.

I forced the update to Mango the other day and it worked fine.  Mango is a great upgrade and I'm still learning all the new features.

I have one big problem -- actually, a continuation of a problem that's now gotten worse.  I have been using a BlueAnt T1 bluetooth earset for a few months.  It's not had great performance and I've read in this forum and the WP7 forums about lots of bluetooth problems, mostly with cars.  I just want this BlueAnt to allow me to talk on the phone.

SInce Mango update, the BlueAnt loses its voice.  I can turn it on, it says it's connected, I can hear when I dial the phone number, but when I speak to my caller, they hear nothing.  I've deleted the pairing, reset the BlueAnt, re-paired, and have the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?  I was hoping Mango would have an improved Bluetooth stack but it seems to have gotten worse -- not operational!

Thanks,

Lon

Hi:

I was the first guy In Dallas to buy my Focus (version 1.3 ROM).  I like the phone and am a big MS supporter.

I forced the update to Mango the other day and it worked fine.  Mango is a great upgrade and I'm still learning all the new features.

I have one big problem -- actually, a continuation of a problem that's now gotten worse.  I have been using a BlueAnt T1 bluetooth earset for a few months.  It's not had great performance and I've read in this forum and the WP7 forums about lots of bluetooth problems, mostly with cars.  I just want this BlueAnt to allow me to talk on the phone.

SInce Mango update, the BlueAnt loses its voice.  I can turn it on, it says it's connected, I can hear when I dial the phone number, but when I speak to my caller, they hear nothing.  I've deleted the pairing, reset the BlueAnt, re-paired, and have the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?  I was hoping Mango would have an improved Bluetooth stack but it seems to have gotten worse -- not operational!

Thanks,

Lon

Focus, Mango, and Bluetooth

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 10:27:41 AM
(0)
Teacher

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you.  I would suggest though that it may not be a problem with the phone.  I use bt on my focus with my Pioneer stereo in my pickup; it works great for both calls and bt music.

Additionally, my phone works better in my wife's new Ford Fusion (Sync system) than does her iphone.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you.  I would suggest though that it may not be a problem with the phone.  I use bt on my focus with my Pioneer stereo in my pickup; it works great for both calls and bt music.

Additionally, my phone works better in my wife's new Ford Fusion (Sync system) than does her iphone.

Re: Focus, Mango, and Bluetooth

2 of 7 (1,066 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 12:24:16 PM
(0)
Teacher

3 of 7 (1,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 12:38:26 AM
(0)
Teacher

Have you checked the Blue Ant website for software updates for your device.  I had a Blue Ant that stopped working with the Nodo update, but I went to the BA site, downloaded an update, installed it & my BA device works fine with my Focus.  Also you might want to de-install the device on your Focus, then have it search anew.  Both of these processes have worked for me.  Keep trying, there is a solution.

12Gauge

Have you checked the Blue Ant website for software updates for your device.  I had a Blue Ant that stopped working with the Nodo update, but I went to the BA site, downloaded an update, installed it & my BA device works fine with my Focus.  Also you might want to de-install the device on your Focus, then have it search anew.  Both of these processes have worked for me.  Keep trying, there is a solution.

12Gauge

4 of 7 (1,021 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 6:45:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks 12-guage!

I did look on BlueAnt's support site and even entered a ticket.  They said they'd be back to me in five days or less.  I did de-install and reinstall and that allowed it to work once.  Next call, no voice...  I looked for software updates but my T1 said "no updates needed".

I did try an old Plantronics bluetooth device and it works fine so I think the blame is on the BlueAnt side.

What's the toughest to realize about this is that it's cheaper in the long run to just buy another device.  My time is worth more than chasing down all this technology! And, I'm in the software business!!!  I'll post back if I get an answer from BlueAnt.

Take care,

Lon

Thanks 12-guage!

I did look on BlueAnt's support site and even entered a ticket.  They said they'd be back to me in five days or less.  I did de-install and reinstall and that allowed it to work once.  Next call, no voice...  I looked for software updates but my T1 said "no updates needed".

I did try an old Plantronics bluetooth device and it works fine so I think the blame is on the BlueAnt side.

What's the toughest to realize about this is that it's cheaper in the long run to just buy another device.  My time is worth more than chasing down all this technology! And, I'm in the software business!!!  I'll post back if I get an answer from BlueAnt.

Take care,

Lon

5 of 7 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 4:39:32 AM
(0)
Teacher

I just remembered, I got the same msg....No Updates Needed or something similar.  But I went & did a search for any software update for my device & found a file for it in the BA database.  I recommend to go & look in their database for any update or just a software file.

When I found that file & did the update, my BA device worked just fine with my Focus.  Keep trying, you know things are weird with software....

12-Gauge Smiley Surprised

I just remembered, I got the same msg....No Updates Needed or something similar.  But I went & did a search for any software update for my device & found a file for it in the BA database.  I recommend to go & look in their database for any update or just a software file.

When I found that file & did the update, my BA device worked just fine with my Focus.  Keep trying, you know things are weird with software....

12-Gauge Smiley Surprised

6 of 7 (968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2012 9:44:50 PM
(0)
Contributor
Mine does the SAME thing. From what I can tell, the audio coming in is mixing it with the audio going out. All of my bluetooth devices sound like this except in A2DP mode for stereo audio. Regular hands-free mode sounds just like this.... almost as if they crossed the lines, so to speak.

It's definitely a bug in Mango because it didn't do this before and my headset works just fine on an iPhone 4.
Mine does the SAME thing. From what I can tell, the audio coming in is mixing it with the audio going out. All of my bluetooth devices sound like this except in A2DP mode for stereo audio. Regular hands-free mode sounds just like this.... almost as if they crossed the lines, so to speak.

It's definitely a bug in Mango because it didn't do this before and my headset works just fine on an iPhone 4.

7 of 7 (822 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments