Flash/Debrand your sony ericsson w580i for FREE

Contributor

Re: Flash/Debrand your sony ericsson w580i for FREE

[ Edited ]
ive followed all the instructions but i get

welcome to setool2 lite edition v 1.08
supported DB2010/DB2012 CID49/50/51/52, DB2020 CID49/51/52
Loaded 51 flash descriptors
FILE RECOGNIZED AS CUSTOMIZATION PACKAGE.
CDA:CDA102568/7
MODEL:HB1-06 Gen
VARIANT:C_ASIA
LANGUAGE: EN
LANGUAGE: AR
LANGUAGE: AZ
LANGUAGE: RU
LANGUAGE: TR
LANGUAGE: UK
ChipID:9900,EMP protocol:0301
PHONE IS RED RETAIL PRODUCT
FLASH CID detected:53
Speed:921600
OTP LOCKED:1 CID:51 PAF:1 IMEI:************CERT:RED
FLASH CID:53 COLOR:RED
Can't build loaders chain ;(
Elapsed:0 secs.
Flash ID check:897E
Flash props sent ok
OTP LOCKED:1 CID:51 PAF:1 IMEI:************ CERT:RED

MAPP CXC article: R8BE001     prgCXC1123474_ORANGE_LA
MAPP CXC version: R8BE001
Language PackageSmiley SurprisedRANGE_GEN
CDA article: CDA102774/18
CDA version: R11A
Default article: cxc1123364
Default version: R8BE001

Network LOCKED
Operator: 234-33

Elapsed:39 secs.
OTP LOCKED:1 CID:51 PAF:1 IMEI:************ CERT:RED
Can't build loaders chain ;(
Elapsed:8 secs.

any ideas pls Smiley Surprised)

Message Edited by Wabbit1976 on 03-23-2008 09:41:03 PM
Message 46 of 147 (20,121 Views)
Contributor

ATT was kind enough to provide the subsidy unlock code for my W580i, and that worked perfectly, but found out what debranding could do for the phone, so I tried using the updated instructions posted by redburn_38 (and referencing the original post).

The debrand went well on a MacBook Pro running Windows XP Pro and using the right USB port. This phone is going to be a fantastic backup for my iPhone. What is also pretty cool is when I tried running the Sony Ericsson Update Service through Parallels 3.0 on my own MacBook Pro, it updated the firmware just fine using the provided instructions. I wasn't sure how well it work work through virtualization. Debranding may still require Windows, but it looks like I might be able to do it on my Mac. (I do not run Boot Camp)

As an aside, I also called ATT this morning to see if I could get the subsidy unlock for my older W810i, and they were more than happy to provide it. I thought that asking for 2 unlocks in 3 days might be pushing it, but I really appreciate ATT's willingness to provide those for me. I don't know what official qualifications you must have to get the unlock codes, but I've been with ATT for 5 years, and this policy makes me more than happy to stay with them. Thank you ATT!
Message 47 of 147 (19,813 Views)
Scholar

DrunkenTech wrote:

As an aside, I also called ATT this morning to see if I could get the subsidy unlock for my older W810i, and they were more than happy to provide it. I thought that asking for 2 unlocks in 3 days might be pushing it, but I really appreciate ATT's willingness to provide those for me. I don't know what official qualifications you must have to get the unlock codes, but I've been with ATT for 5 years, and this policy makes me more than happy to stay with them. Thank you ATT!

Last week I got my three w580i phones unlocked exactly 101 days after starrting out as first-time customer of AT&T wireless. I think the requirements are that your account has to be in good standing for 90 days, the phones must have been purchased from AT&T or an authorized dealer and international dialling has to be enabled.

There is some confusion about 90 days vs 180 days, but in my case I got my phones unlocked after 101 days.
Message 48 of 147 (19,812 Views)
Contributor

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!  I  FOLLOWED ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND i GET  AN ERROR  AND NOW PHONE WILL NOT EVEN POWER UP I GET ERROR AT 6/460 BLOCKS  AND THEN IT JUST SAYS READY
Message 49 of 147 (19,787 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]
I got an error also but mine was relalated to CID53...  I've been trying to flash similar Main and FS but I heard there are neither of these for CID53.. (Unlock Network/Debrand)  Does anyone have a fix or patch or a link to what might help to get past the CID53....  I might try to test point it but I'ld rather have it working correcty cause that could fry the hardware (Which I'm very close to trying cause I got the phone for $20 as a refurb)...
I normally work with Moto but thought I'ld see what this phone was like ($20 why not)...
I like it but I'm a modder so as soon as I got it, I started researching and got connected (SEMC Device)...
I like the SE w580i other than the "humm" once and a while during calls (Refurb what can I say...  Hardware issue I'm going to "look into"...

Thanx in advance

Message Edited by 1jdp1 on 05-19-2008 12:54:19 PM
Message 50 of 147 (17,910 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]
FOUND THESE FROM A FELLOW MODDER:
(RUSSIAN MAIN AND EUROPE FS)

smile

K810 (спасибо mobilefree)
K800 (спасибо reactos)
K790 (спасибо мне)
W610 (спасибо reactos и Stern)
W660 (спасибо Stern)

i JOINED SE DEVELOPER AND SE SITE...  i'LL PROB WAIT A COUPLE OF DAYS TO SEE WHAT ANSWERS I GET(IF ANY) THEN TRY THE W610 ABOVE...  WISH ME LUCK...

Message Edited by 1jdp1 on 05-19-2008 09:45:27 PM

Moderator Warning: Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on these Forums, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. Take caution before downloading software to or for your handset, as it could potentially damage your device or void your warranty.  {Do not remove text}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 05-21-2008 02:29:39 PM
Message 51 of 147 (11,449 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

1jdp1 wrote:
smile
K800 (спасибо reactos)
K790 (спасибо мне)
W660 (спасибо Stern)
i JOINED SE DEVELOPER AND SE SITE...  i'LL PROB WAIT A COUPLE OF DAYS TO SEE WHAT ANSWERS I GET(IF ANY) THEN TRY THE W610 ABOVE...  WISH ME LUCK... Posts: 40000
WARNING: What ever you do, be careful...no matter what anyone says, not knowing what you are doing (or following the advice "it's easy, just go for it" ) can easily turn your $50.00 to 599.00 phone into a paperweight.  You can mod your phone, for sure, many do... but you can also break it permanently and void the warranty, too.
Originaly Written by FoneJunkie

Message Edited by wilcre on 05-20-2008 01:04:24 AM
Message 52 of 147 (11,442 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

WARNING REVISED:
IF YOU OWN AN ATT PHONE THAT MEANS NOTHING TO YOU CAUSE YOU UPGRADED IT FROM ATT FOR FREE OR  PAID $20  FOR IT (WHAT i DID)  AND YOUR  A MODDER  DON'T BOTHER WITH
WARNINGS  CAUSE  YOU'RE A  MODDER  AND THAT HOLDS A  PRIZE BETTER THAN ANYTHING:
A CHANCE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT, THE WAY YOU WANT IT....

"MODDING IS LIKE RIDING A SUPERBIKE, IF YOU'RE NOT CONFIDENT, DON'T PULL WHEELIES!!!"
jdp123

AND THANX BUT NO THANX

{Moderator Note: Keep post courteous and edit out any uncalled for comments}

Message Edited by 1jdp1 on 05-19-2008 10:54:05 PM

Message Edited by mod.moose on 05-21-2008 02:18:26 PM
Message 53 of 147 (11,432 Views)
ACE - Expert

1jdp1 wrote:

smile

K800 (спасибо reactos)
K790 (спасибо мне)
W660 (спасибо Stern)

i JOINED SE DEVELOPER AND SE SITE...  i'LL PROB WAIT A COUPLE OF DAYS TO SEE WHAT ANSWERS I GET(IF ANY) THEN TRY THE W610 ABOVE...  WISH ME LUCK...

Удачи!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 54 of 147 (11,414 Views)
Mentor

Thanks...  Smiley Happy
Message 55 of 147 (11,412 Views)
Mentor

Got 1 answer...  ATT will be PROUD!!

"Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.

Sony Ericsson does not support "modding" your phone with debranded software. You may, however, be interested in the Developer World area of the Sony Ericsson website: http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/home/p_home.jsp  

If you require more information, or have any other questions, please visit our website at http://www.sonyericsson.com or call us at 1-866-766-9374.

Best regards,
Martha
Your Sony Ericsson Online Support Representative
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications"

I'm at developer but haven't received an answer there yet...

Moto supports Modders (sort of LOL)

Message 56 of 147 (11,408 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

1jdp1 wrote:
WARNING REVISED:
IF YOU OWN AN ATT PHONE THAT MEANS NOTHING TO YOU CAUSE YOU UPGRADED IT FROM ATT FOR FREE OR  PAID $20  FOR IT (WHAT i DID)  AND YOUR  A MODDER  DON'T BOTHER WITH
WARNINGS  CAUSE  YOU'RE A  MODDER  AND THAT HOLDS A  PRIZE BETTER THAN ANYTHING: A CHANCE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT, THE WAY YOU WANT IT....

"MODDING IS LIKE RIDING A SUPERBIKE, IF YOU'RE NOT CONFIDENT, DON'T PULL WHEELIES!!!"
jdp123

AND THANX BUT NO THANX

CL - CELL Master wilcre
CL - CELL Master
{Moderator Note: Keep post courteous and edit out any uncalled for comments}

Then you take that upon yourself to set that expectation, however the moderators/fellow members here and or AT&T will/would/should not set that expectation and or should not be setting that expectation due to there having been/will be liability issues for AT&T if they do support it openly and or indirectly promote it and or support it, and if someone does something to their device and cant fix it by flashing it and or modding it and they got the info from any part of AT&T, they can/could attempt to hold AT&T responsible for any and or all damages incurred. Thus the warning that I gave and that any other member of these here privately owned and operated and run forums would of done in time, and many of the moderators if they seen this may of posted a warning message in  itself as well.

Message Edited by mod.moose on 05-21-2008 02:21:28 PM
Message 57 of 147 (11,343 Views)
Voyager

Hello, I just flashed my phone's firmware and now I got no ATT logo on the screen no more Smiley Very Happy I wonder, can I update for better firmware through SE Update? I notice in new firmware, I cannot change "up" navigation key. It got reserved  for camera. What's up with that?
Message 58 of 147 (11,305 Views)
Tutor

I know that it's been said MANY times in this thread, but were there ANY disadvantages to doing this, and what were they?(In case there were some that hadn't been mentioned)

And as for the texting issue, I don't have Picture or media messaging, I just have regular unlimited texting. Should I have a problem with texting when I debrand my phone? Because I use texting a LOT.

Oh and I heard that the Shake feature in the Walkman application doesn't work after this. Is that true?
Message 59 of 147 (11,300 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

My dicontent stems from the fact that ATT will not aide those who wish to have unbranded firmware.  Those who have expertise or wish to dive in to the system of "their phone" alike would profit not only the consumer but the manufacturer/ATT as well.
Here are few:

1. If you modd or attempt to mod your phone
   a. The consumer will VOID their warranty: You break, it you fix it..  One word "Money" Yes YOU the consumer is responsible for your own phone.  But if the unbranded firmware was available from a source that is reliable and works with the software every day (ATT / Manufacturer) then those who do choose to take their phones into their own hands could more indirecty aide the companies with their own findings which inevitably happens...

2. Owning a modded phone is an attention getter.  Hence ATT iS mentioned every time someone asks about the phone.  ( I go out of my way to endorse ATT because I see the benefits ( That is my "OPINION" )  All others will still be branded...

3.  Beta Testing:  Isn't that all it comes out to be...  Sure there will be disadvantages for the consumer (Beta usually has bugs hence beta..  Don't people get paid to test software???  Modders do it for themselves and others for free... 

I'm sorry but I don't see the harm to either the consumer nor the service provider/manufacterer when individuals choose knowing full well and having been told
You break it, you fix it or you buy a new one.  Most of the time those modders have more than one phone and at least one is originally from the source (ATT) and I know in my case all the phones I have had and have are originally from ATT/Cingular...  Only one wasn't (ROKR E2: only because it was scrapted  by ATT after they choose against releasing it or whatever the reasoning...)

All you have to do is look at the 2 posts above to see people are still going to do this no matter what is warned...  AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO POST BUGS, SEEK SOLUTIONS AND MAKE SOLUTIONS IN AN  ARENA WHERE ALL WILL BENEFIT AT NO COST.

{Font color changed.  Please note: White and light colors only show up on the black skins}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 05-23-2008 07:49:46 PM
Message 60 of 147 (11,164 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.