Posted Dec 5, 2007
9:00:35 PM
View profile
Flash/Debrand your sony ericsson w580i for FREE
Edited by mod.moose on Dec 6, 2007 at 1:08:23 AM
  I PERSONALY HATE THE ATT SE, {Keep it courteous and do not go around the word filter} , THEY TOOK AWAY SO MUCH FEATURES, BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT, SO JUST FOLLOW THES INSTRUCTIONS TO DEBRAND YOUR PHONE TO THE WAY THE W580I WAS MEANT TO BE...WORKS 100% JUST USE YOUR BRAIN.

In this guide, I will layout the process of flashing your Sony Ericsson 580i using SE Tool 2 Lite.

NEITHER I OR ATT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE INCURRED TO YOUR DEVICE WHEN FOLLOWING THESE STEPS, I AM BASING THIS GUIDE ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

- Precautionary measures

Before doing anything please make sure you do the following:
  • Charge your phone to 90-100%
  • Back-up all your contacts to your SIM and Memory Stick
  • Remove your SIM Card and Memory Stick

- Files

Included in this guide are the following files:
  • SETool 2 Lite 1.08
  • Sony Ericsson W580i FS
  • Sony Ericsson W580i MAIN
  • Sony Ericsson CID52 ASIA Customisation

Download Files (31.94 MB)

Flash files for phones other than the W580i should be available at this website: http://topse.ru/files/ (You will need an account to download, use Google translator for English, downloads and sign-up will not work when using translator!)

- Instructions

1. Extract the RAR file you have just downloaded, inside you will find the following files:

+ setool2lite.rar
+ W580_CDA102568_7_R8A_GENERIC_C_ASIA.ZIP
+ W580_R8BA024_FS_C_ASIA_RED52.fbn
+ W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn

Extract "setool2lite.rar" and leave the rest as is.

2. Go into the directory in which you extract the file "setool2lite", and go into the "drivers" folder, there you will find another folder called "usb_flash_driver". Go into that and launch the installer that is contained in it, proceed as you read, nothing major will happen this is just a SE USB Flash driver for your phone.

Once the installation is done proceed to the next step

3. Go back to the directory in which you extracted "setool2lite" and launch the application "setool2lt.exe"

4. In the application, you will need to select your phone model at the top, in this case it would be the SE W580i.

5. Now in the box where it says "Files:" under the phone model you will need to add the following files:

6. In the box where it says "Misc files:" you will need to add the following file:

Now your screen should look like this:

7. Once you have added the files into their appropriate positions you will need to attach your phone to your computer, by holding onto the "C" on your phone and then plugging in the USB cable.

8. As a precautionary measure, make sure all the files are in their right placements and that your phone is detected as a "SEMC Flash Device" or something along those lines.

9. Now you are ready to click "FLASH", DO NOT CLICK ANY OTHER BUTTONS BEFORE OR AFTER THIS PROCESS!

This process should take about 5 minutes and you will be readily happy with this de-branded version of your phone!

Message Edited by rafoolik on 12-05-2007 09:01:48 PM

Message Edited by rafoolik on 12-05-2007 09:07:12 PM

Message Edited by rafoolik on 12-05-2007 10:02:50 PM

Message Edited by mod.moose on 12-06-2007 01:08:23 AM
  I PERSONALY HATE THE ATT SE, {Keep it courteous and do not go around the word filter} , THEY TOOK AWAY SO MUCH FEATURES, BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT, SO JUST FOLLOW THES INSTRUCTIONS TO DEBRAND YOUR PHONE TO THE WAY THE W580I WAS MEANT TO BE...WORKS 100% JUST USE YOUR BRAIN.

In this guide, I will layout the process of flashing your Sony Ericsson 580i using SE Tool 2 Lite.

NEITHER I OR ATT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE INCURRED TO YOUR DEVICE WHEN FOLLOWING THESE STEPS, I AM BASING THIS GUIDE ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

- Precautionary measures

Before doing anything please make sure you do the following:
  • Charge your phone to 90-100%
  • Back-up all your contacts to your SIM and Memory Stick
  • Remove your SIM Card and Memory Stick

- Files

Included in this guide are the following files:
  • SETool 2 Lite 1.08
  • Sony Ericsson W580i FS
  • Sony Ericsson W580i MAIN
  • Sony Ericsson CID52 ASIA Customisation

Download Files (31.94 MB)

Flash files for phones other than the W580i should be available at this website: http://topse.ru/files/ (You will need an account to download, use Google translator for English, downloads and sign-up will not work when using translator!)

- Instructions

1. Extract the RAR file you have just downloaded, inside you will find the following files:

+ setool2lite.rar

Extract "setool2lite.rar" and leave the rest as is.

2. Go into the directory in which you extract the file "setool2lite", and go into the "drivers" folder, there you will find another folder called "usb_flash_driver". Go into that and launch the installer that is contained in it, proceed as you read, nothing major will happen this is just a SE USB Flash driver for your phone.

Once the installation is done proceed to the next step

3. Go back to the directory in which you extracted "setool2lite" and launch the application "setool2lt.exe"

4. In the application, you will need to select your phone model at the top, in this case it would be the SE W580i.

5. Now in the box where it says "Files:" under the phone model you will need to add the following files:

6. In the box where it says "Misc files:" you will need to add the following file:

Now your screen should look like this:

7. Once you have added the files into their appropriate positions you will need to attach your phone to your computer, by holding onto the "C" on your phone and then plugging in the USB cable.

8. As a precautionary measure, make sure all the files are in their right placements and that your phone is detected as a "SEMC Flash Device" or something along those lines.

9. Now you are ready to click "FLASH", DO NOT CLICK ANY OTHER BUTTONS BEFORE OR AFTER THIS PROCESS!

This process should take about 5 minutes and you will be readily happy with this de-branded version of your phone!

Message Edited by rafoolik on 12-05-2007 09:01:48 PM

Message Edited by rafoolik on 12-05-2007 09:07:12 PM

Message Edited by rafoolik on 12-05-2007 10:02:50 PM

Message Edited by mod.moose on 12-06-2007 01:08:23 AM

Flash/Debrand your sony ericsson w580i for FREE

[ Edited ]
146 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(146)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2007 3:44:10 AM
(0)
Guru
Sorry, I would rather pay 7 Euros for an English flashing site over a Russian site just anyday in my life.
Sorry, I would rather pay 7 Euros for an English flashing site over a Russian site just anyday in my life.

Re: Flash/Debrand your sony ericsson w580i for FREE

2 of 147 (119,105 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2007 12:48:15 PM
(0)
Scholar
Be aware that all media net functions will be gone, along with some of the texting and email functions that are built into your branded phone.
I debranded so I could use a bluetooth GPS receiver with the phone. I used wotan server and picked the firmware I wanted. Got new functions
for the media net button and was able to data connect and text with the settings that were added with the flashing package.
Be aware that all media net functions will be gone, along with some of the texting and email functions that are built into your branded phone.
I debranded so I could use a bluetooth GPS receiver with the phone. I used wotan server and picked the firmware I wanted. Got new functions
for the media net button and was able to data connect and text with the settings that were added with the flashing package.

3 of 147 (119,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2007 3:16:43 PM
(0)
Teacher
How long does it take to actually do this? 
How long does it take to actually do this? 

4 of 147 (118,920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2007 4:56:29 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by rafoolik on Dec 7, 2007 at 4:56:43 PM
IT TOOK me seven minutes total, its really easy, and its safe.just follow the directions. and who gives a **** if the files are from the russian site, im giving you a totally different link (mega upload).

Message Edited by rafoolik on 12-07-2007 04:56:43 PM
IT TOOK me seven minutes total, its really easy, and its safe.just follow the directions. and who gives a **** if the files are from the russian site, im giving you a totally different link (mega upload).

Message Edited by rafoolik on 12-07-2007 04:56:43 PM

[ Edited ]
5 of 147 (118,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2007 6:38:57 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by SEw580i on Dec 10, 2007 at 8:35:57 PM
Well I just tried this and it didn't work. I had to first click on the FLASH button then hold down the C button and then plug in the usb cable. After it finished it said READY but the log says..
ldr_on_ldr hdr no ack,err:10
CSloader uploading failed,exiting
Then When I put the sim card back in and turned on the phone, it says...
Configuration error. Please contact your network operator or service centre.

What do I do to fix this?

Message Edited by SEw580i on 12-10-2007 08:35:57 PM
Well I just tried this and it didn't work. I had to first click on the FLASH button then hold down the C button and then plug in the usb cable. After it finished it said READY but the log says..
ldr_on_ldr hdr no ack,err:10
CSloader uploading failed,exiting
Then When I put the sim card back in and turned on the phone, it says...
Configuration error. Please contact your network operator or service centre.

What do I do to fix this?

Message Edited by SEw580i on 12-10-2007 08:35:57 PM

[ Edited ]
6 of 147 (118,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2007 9:55:58 PM
(0)
Tutor
I rebranded my phone.. but now i'm stuck with sony ericssons defautl homepage. Ianyone kno whow to actually set your own homepagE?
I rebranded my phone.. but now i'm stuck with sony ericssons defautl homepage. Ianyone kno whow to actually set your own homepagE?

7 of 147 (118,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2007 7:35:24 PM
(0)
Tutor
how can i do this with a se w810i?

8 of 147 (118,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2007 9:12:33 AM
(0)
Guru

Selena182 wrote:

By going into another topic.
There had been a link to a certain website.

Selena182 wrote:

By going into another topic.
There had been a link to a certain website.

9 of 147 (117,883 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2007 12:59:17 AM
(0)
Contributor
did everything up to the flash part correctly but after i hit the flash button it never finishes. any suggestions.
did everything up to the flash part correctly but after i hit the flash button it never finishes. any suggestions.

10 of 147 (117,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2007 10:21:46 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have run into a similar problem, except the process completed to "Ready."  What's the same is that when I put the sim card back in and turned on the phone, it says...
Configuration error. Please contact your network operator or service centre

:smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:

I wonder about the Sony Ericsson CID52 ASIA Customisation file that is recommeded.  Since it loaded EN (English?) as an included language, I figured okay, let's try it.  So now I have a phone that is misconfigured.  I can receive calls and make emergency calls, but otherwise I am boned.  I do have a second phone available on the same plan.  It is one number  away from mine on the ATT plan and has the same  feature set.  Since setool2lt did the damage is there a way for this tool to pull the logic and configuration out of the working phone and slam it back into this misconfigured one?  There are buttons on setool2lt for

• Unlock/Repair
  • FLASH
  • Read Flash
  • Read GDFS
  • Write GDFS
  • Write Script
  • Identify
  • RESTORE file
  • Read SSW

I also have a bunch of *.fbn and *.mbn files that I have collected looking for a fix to this problem:

W580_R6BC002_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn
W580_R6CA001_FS_ORANGE_GEN_RED52.fbn
W580_R6CA001_MAIN_ORANGE_LA_RED52.mbn
W580_R8BA024_FS_AMERICA_1_RED52.fbn
W580_R8BA024_FS_C_ASIA_RED52.fbn
W580_R8BA024_FS_ORANGE_GEN_RED52.fbn
W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn
W580_R8BA024_MAIN_ORANGE_LA_RED52.mbnw

Before I started I did wonder about the Sony Ericsson CID52 ASIA Customisation file that is recommended.  But since it loaded EN (English?) as an included language, I figured okay, let's try it.  I looked into the 2 xml files AFTER i took the leap.  Maybe there is my problem--with the customization zipfile.  The Customize.xml file looks okay for my situation.  It's got :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<customization xmlns:scs="
http://scs.sonyericsson.net/xsd/CDAGInput.xsd">
  <info>
    <pcr-created>2007-05-10T08:00:10</pcr-created>
    <created-by>Daniel Allansson</created-by>
    <pcr-id>283</pcr-id>
    <pcr-revision>122</pcr-revision>
    <cda-number>CDA102568/7</cda-number>
    <cda-revision>R8A</cda-revision>
    <model>HB1-06 Gen</model>
    <country>Sweden</country>
    <operator>Sony Ericsson</operator>
    <language-variant-name>C_ASIA</language-variant-name>
    <allowed-language>en</allowed-language>
    <allowed-language>ar</allowed-language>
    <allowed-language>az</allowed-language>
    <allowed-language>ru</allowed-language>
    <allowed-language>tr</allowed-language>
    <allowed-language>uk</allowed-language>
  </info>
  <clock>
    <date>2007-05-10</date>
  </clock>
  <wap>
    <bookmark name="Sony Ericsson">http://wap.sonyericsson.com</bookmark>
    <bookmark name="Google Search">http://wap.sonyericsson.com/download/download.do?cmd=bm&amp;appl=searchengine</bookmark>
  </wap>
  <mmi>
    <profile id="0">
    </profile>
    <settings>
    </settings>
  </mmi>
  <use-old-cust>false</use-old-cust>
</customization>

But the preloaded_config.xml is all wrong for my location.  It's pretty long, but it includes:

<customization>
  <preloaded-data mnc="10" mcc="208" operator-name="F SFR" service-provider="NRJ Mobile">
    <internet>
      <account>
        <name>SEMC GPRS</name>
        <apn>wapnrj</apn>
        <authentication>pap</authentication>
      </account>
    </internet>
    <wap>
      <profile>
        <name>SEMC WAP</name>
        <ipaddress>192.168.21.5</ipaddress>
        <use-proxy>true</use-proxy>
        <port-number>8080</port-number>
      </profile>
    </wap>
  </preloaded-data>
  <preloaded-data mnc="20" mcc="208" operator-name="F Bouygues" service-provider="BOUYGTEL">
    <internet>
      <account>
        <name>SEMC GPRS</name>
        <apn>mmsbouygtel.com</apn>
      </account>
    </internet>
    <wap>
      <profile>
        <name>SEMC WAP</name>
        <ipaddress>62.201.129.225</ipaddress>
      </profile>
    </wap>
  </preloaded-data>
  <preloaded-data mnc="01" mcc="208" operator-name="Orange F" service-provider="ORANGE F">
    <internet>
      <account>
        <name>SEMC GPRS</name>
        <apn>orange</apn>
        <username>orange</username>
        <password>orange</password>
        <authentication>None</authentication>
        <ipaddress>192.168.010.100</ipaddress>
      </account>
    </internet>
    <wap>
      <profile>
        <name>SEMC WAP</name>
        <ipaddress>192.168.10.100</ipaddress>
      </profile>
    </wap>
  </preloaded-data>
  <preloaded-data mnc="10" mcc="208" operator-name="F SFR" service-provider="F SFR">
    <internet>
      <account>
        <name>SEMC GPRS</name>
        <apn>wapsfr</apn>
        <ipaddress>195.115.025.129</ipaddress>
      </account>
    </internet>
    <wap>
      <profile>
        <name>SEMC WAP</name>
      </profile>
    </wap>
  </preloaded-data>
  <preloaded-data mnc="30" mcc="234" operator-name="T-Mobile UK" service-provider="T-mobile">
    <internet>
      <account>
        <name>SEMC GPRS</name>
        <apn>general.t-mobile.uk</apn>
        <username>t-mobile</username>
        <password>tm</password>
      </account>
    </internet>
    <wap>
      <profile>
        <name>SEMC WAP</name>
        <ipaddress>149.254.201.132</ipaddress>
      </profile>

T-Mobile?  UK?  It's ATT in the US.  Didn't look before leaping, so now I have a phone that is misconfigured.  I can receive calls and make emergency calls, but otherwise I am boned.  Will some set of the files and setool2lt buttons I have listed get my American configuration.

I do have a second phone available on the same plan.  It is one number  away from mine on the ATT plan and has the same  feature set.  Since setool2lt did the damage is there a way for this tool to pull the logic and configuration out of the working phone and slam it back into this misconfigured one?  Help!!!

As an alternative, is it too late to go to wotanserver, or am I truly boned?

I have run into a similar problem, except the process completed to "Ready."  What's the same is that when I put the sim card back in and turned on the phone, it says...
Configuration error. Please contact your network operator or service centre

:smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:

I wonder about the Sony Ericsson CID52 ASIA Customisation file that is recommeded.  Since it loaded EN (English?) as an included language, I figured okay, let's try it.  So now I have a phone that is misconfigured.  I can receive calls and make emergency calls, but otherwise I am boned.  I do have a second phone available on the same plan.  It is one number  away from mine on the ATT plan and has the same  feature set.  Since setool2lt did the damage is there a way for this tool to pull the logic and configuration out of the working phone and slam it back into this misconfigured one?  There are buttons on setool2lt for

• Unlock/Repair
  • FLASH
  • Read Flash
  • Read GDFS
  • Write GDFS
  • Write Script
  • Identify
  • RESTORE file
  • Read SSW

I also have a bunch of *.fbn and *.mbn files that I have collected looking for a fix to this problem:

W580_R6BC002_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn
W580_R6CA001_FS_ORANGE_GEN_RED52.fbn
W580_R6CA001_MAIN_ORANGE_LA_RED52.mbn
W580_R8BA024_FS_AMERICA_1_RED52.fbn
W580_R8BA024_FS_C_ASIA_RED52.fbn
W580_R8BA024_FS_ORANGE_GEN_RED52.fbn
W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn
W580_R8BA024_MAIN_ORANGE_LA_RED52.mbnw

Before I started I did wonder about the Sony Ericsson CID52 ASIA Customisation file that is recommended.  But since it loaded EN (English?) as an included language, I figured okay, let's try it.  I looked into the 2 xml files AFTER i took the leap.  Maybe there is my problem--with the customization zipfile.  The Customize.xml file looks okay for my situation.  It's got :

<customization xmlns:scs="
http://scs.sonyericsson.net/xsd/CDAGInput.xsd">
  <info>
    <pcr-created>2007-05-10T08:00:10</pcr-created>
    <created-by>Daniel Allansson</created-by>
    <pcr-id>283</pcr-id>
    <pcr-revision>122</pcr-revision>
    <cda-number>CDA102568/7</cda-number>
    <cda-revision>R8A</cda-revision>
    <model>HB1-06 Gen</model>
    <country>Sweden</country>
    <operator>Sony Ericsson</operator>
    <language-variant-name>C_ASIA</language-variant-name>
    <allowed-language>en</allowed-language>
    <allowed-language>ar</allowed-language>
    <allowed-language>az</allowed-language>
    <allowed-language>ru</allowed-language>
    <allowed-language>tr</allowed-language>
    <allowed-language>uk</allowed-language>
  </info>
  <clock>
    <date>2007-05-10</date>
  </clock>
  <wap>
    <bookmark name="Sony Ericsson">http://wap.sonyericsson.com</bookmark>
    <bookmark name="Google Search">http://wap.sonyericsson.com/download/download.do?cmd=bm&amp;appl=searchengine</bookmark>
  </wap>
  <mmi>
    <profile id="0">
    </profile>
    <settings>
    </settings>
  </mmi>
  <use-old-cust>false</use-old-cust>
</customization>

But the preloaded_config.xml is all wrong for my location.  It's pretty long, but it includes:

<customization>
  <preloaded-data mnc="10" mcc="208" operator-name="F SFR" service-provider="NRJ Mobile">
    <internet>
      <account>
        <name>SEMC GPRS</name>
        <apn>wapnrj</apn>
      </account>
    </internet>
    <wap>
      <profile>
        <name>SEMC WAP</name>
        <ipaddress>192.168.21.5</ipaddress>
      </profile>
    </wap>
  </preloaded-data>
  <preloaded-data mnc="20" mcc="208" operator-name="F Bouygues" service-provider="BOUYGTEL">
    <internet>
      <account>
        <name>SEMC GPRS</name>
        <apn>mmsbouygtel.com</apn>
      </account>
    </internet>
    <wap>
      <profile>
        <name>SEMC WAP</name>
        <ipaddress>62.201.129.225</ipaddress>
      </profile>
    </wap>
  </preloaded-data>
  <preloaded-data mnc="01" mcc="208" operator-name="Orange F" service-provider="ORANGE F">
    <internet>
      <account>
        <name>SEMC GPRS</name>
        <apn>orange</apn>
        <username>orange</username>
        <password>orange</password>
        <ipaddress>192.168.010.100</ipaddress>
      </account>
    </internet>
    <wap>
      <profile>
        <name>SEMC WAP</name>
        <ipaddress>192.168.10.100</ipaddress>
      </profile>
    </wap>
  </preloaded-data>
  <preloaded-data mnc="10" mcc="208" operator-name="F SFR" service-provider="F SFR">
    <internet>
      <account>
        <name>SEMC GPRS</name>
        <apn>wapsfr</apn>
      </account>
    </internet>
    <wap>
      <profile>
        <name>SEMC WAP</name>
      </profile>
    </wap>
  </preloaded-data>
  <preloaded-data mnc="30" mcc="234" operator-name="T-Mobile UK" service-provider="T-mobile">
    <internet>
      <account>
        <name>SEMC GPRS</name>
        <apn>general.t-mobile.uk</apn>
        <username>t-mobile</username>
        <password>tm</password>
      </account>
    </internet>
    <wap>
      <profile>
        <name>SEMC WAP</name>
        <ipaddress>149.254.201.132</ipaddress>
      </profile>

T-Mobile?  UK?  It's ATT in the US.  Didn't look before leaping, so now I have a phone that is misconfigured.  I can receive calls and make emergency calls, but otherwise I am boned.  Will some set of the files and setool2lt buttons I have listed get my American configuration.

I do have a second phone available on the same plan.  It is one number  away from mine on the ATT plan and has the same  feature set.  Since setool2lt did the damage is there a way for this tool to pull the logic and configuration out of the working phone and slam it back into this misconfigured one?  Help!!!

As an alternative, is it too late to go to wotanserver, or am I truly boned?

11 of 147 (35,722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2007 11:06:00 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Devotshka on Dec 31, 2007 at 11:07:39 AM
I just registered here to say that the Asia file set from the first post WILL work in the US.  I used Wotan to unbrand my phone (had used them previously on my 810) and their software set is wrong, it downloaded 2 out of 3 files correct (2 for this model, one for some other model) and it bricked the phone.  With nothing left to try other than waiting a month for Wotan to offer my 10 bucks back, I tried the setool2 and the asia files from the first post.  It worked flawlessly and my phone turns on again, no problems.  If you are having difficulty with them, it may be your pc (voltage stability, or file corruption during download) or cable, but it is certainly not the files problem.
Thanks original poster!

Message Edited by Devotshka on 12-31-2007 11:07:39 AM
I just registered here to say that the Asia file set from the first post WILL work in the US.  I used Wotan to unbrand my phone (had used them previously on my 810) and their software set is wrong, it downloaded 2 out of 3 files correct (2 for this model, one for some other model) and it bricked the phone.  With nothing left to try other than waiting a month for Wotan to offer my 10 bucks back, I tried the setool2 and the asia files from the first post.  It worked flawlessly and my phone turns on again, no problems.  If you are having difficulty with them, it may be your pc (voltage stability, or file corruption during download) or cable, but it is certainly not the files problem.
Thanks original poster!

Message Edited by Devotshka on 12-31-2007 11:07:39 AM

[ Edited ]
12 of 147 (35,642 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2007 2:08:47 PM
(0)
Contributor
You may be absolutely correct about the (corrupt/not corrupt) status of the download, as well as about the other issues you raise.  But I tried wotan anyway.  I held my breath for 5 minutes thinking maybe I threw good money down a hole.  But the 10 bucks resurrected my w580.  I'll flash your PC BIOS and guarantee success, but I'm done flashing cellphones.
You may be absolutely correct about the (corrupt/not corrupt) status of the download, as well as about the other issues you raise.  But I tried wotan anyway.  I held my breath for 5 minutes thinking maybe I threw good money down a hole.  But the 10 bucks resurrected my w580.  I'll flash your PC BIOS and guarantee success, but I'm done flashing cellphones.

13 of 147 (35,613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2007 5:35:06 PM
(0)
Contributor
Cool, I'm glad you got yours squared away too.  I have had no problems with Wotan in the past, but they totally beefed me this last time.  They still are a great service, though.  I'm glad this option was here as well.
Cool, I'm glad you got yours squared away too.  I have had no problems with Wotan in the past, but they totally beefed me this last time.  They still are a great service, though.  I'm glad this option was here as well.

14 of 147 (35,601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2008 11:53:19 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by cancel.man on Jan 2, 2008 at 7:23:02 AM

zekneptune wrote:

Yeah, I had that same problem the first time I tried. To solve it I did two things:
1. Move all the files and the setool2lite program into a directory on root (ie: C:\w580) rather than burried in my My Documents folder
2. Use a USB port on the motherboard rather than one of the ports in the front of the machine.

I'm not sure which of these actually solved the problem, but when I hit Flash this time it went right to work. The error it gave when it didn't work (and I let it sit for about an hour hoping I wasn't gonna brick the phone) only appeared after I hit Stop:
"Abort all operations.
phone pre-boot failed,possible RECOVERY needed.
Elapsed:4167 secs."
Too bad it can't show this error when it's actually failing to pre-boot :-/

Anyway, if the process is working, you'll know immediately- the window on the left will print out all the processes and progress as it happens.

I'll attest that this process for unbranding/flashing the phone does work just like it says. Follow the directions!

My media net and everything seems to be working just fine, but if you need to set up your phone to work on the AT&T network you might try this:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/products/wap/w580i?cc=us&lc=en

Thanks so much for this guide! I'm excited about being able to use all the great features of this phone that it had been unfortunately branded to lack.

Message Edited by cancel.man on 01-02-2008 07:23:02 AM

zekneptune wrote:

Yeah, I had that same problem the first time I tried. To solve it I did two things:
1. Move all the files and the setool2lite program into a directory on root (ie: C:\w580) rather than burried in my My Documents folder
2. Use a USB port on the motherboard rather than one of the ports in the front of the machine.

I'm not sure which of these actually solved the problem, but when I hit Flash this time it went right to work. The error it gave when it didn't work (and I let it sit for about an hour hoping I wasn't gonna brick the phone) only appeared after I hit Stop:
"Abort all operations.
phone pre-boot failed,possible RECOVERY needed.
Elapsed:4167 secs."
Too bad it can't show this error when it's actually failing to pre-boot :-/

Anyway, if the process is working, you'll know immediately- the window on the left will print out all the processes and progress as it happens.

I'll attest that this process for unbranding/flashing the phone does work just like it says. Follow the directions!

My media net and everything seems to be working just fine, but if you need to set up your phone to work on the AT&T network you might try this:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/products/wap/w580i?cc=us&lc=en

Thanks so much for this guide! I'm excited about being able to use all the great features of this phone that it had been unfortunately branded to lack.

Message Edited by cancel.man on 01-02-2008 07:23:02 AM

[ Edited ]
15 of 147 (35,698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2008 11:01:24 AM
(0)
Tutor
THANK YOU! worked perfectly very clear steps GREAT TUTORIAL! I thank you now I can finnally enjoy my W580i the only hard part was taking the battery cover off to remove the sim card :smileywink: anyways thank you and IT DOES WORK! just follow the guide to the letter...and make sure you HAVE THE DRIVERS INSTALLED CORRECTLY!
THANK YOU! worked perfectly very clear steps GREAT TUTORIAL! I thank you now I can finnally enjoy my W580i the only hard part was taking the battery cover off to remove the sim card :smileywink: anyways thank you and IT DOES WORK! just follow the guide to the letter...and make sure you HAVE THE DRIVERS INSTALLED CORRECTLY!

16 of 147 (35,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2008 5:08:27 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you for the post.  It worked like a charm.  I need to find the generic USA or generic America 1 files, the Asian version uses the "rest of the word" calendar style with Saturday and Sunday at the end of the week.  I'm used to seeing the weekend split up so Sunday appears on the far left and Saturday appears on the far right on a calendar.
Thank you for the post.  It worked like a charm.  I need to find the generic USA or generic America 1 files, the Asian version uses the "rest of the word" calendar style with Saturday and Sunday at the end of the week.  I'm used to seeing the weekend split up so Sunday appears on the far left and Saturday appears on the far right on a calendar.

17 of 147 (35,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2008 4:04:36 PM
(0)
Expert
WARNING: What ever you do, be careful...no matter what anyone says, not knowing what you are doing (or following the advice "it's easy, just go for it" ) can easily turn your $50.00 to 599.00 phone into a paperweight.  You can mod your phone, for sure, many do... but you can also break it permanently and void the warranty, too.
Originaly Written by FoneJunkie

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
WARNING: What ever you do, be careful...no matter what anyone says, not knowing what you are doing (or following the advice "it's easy, just go for it" ) can easily turn your $50.00 to 599.00 phone into a paperweight.  You can mod your phone, for sure, many do... but you can also break it permanently and void the warranty, too.
Originaly Written by FoneJunkie

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

18 of 147 (35,201 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2008 3:44:30 AM
(0)
Contributor
WOW!! What would I have done without you guys! Thanks a million. My Ericsson is now free of all those annoying AT&T logos and apps. Everything looks like it did in my grey w580i.
I admit that I struggled with this procedure a little, but only because of my lack of expertise with files, folders, installations, etc. I must also thank the person who gave tips on what to do when the flashing seemed to run indefinitely, and that was to copy the files to a different folder (in my case it wasn't c: drive...because Windows Vista FREAKED when I tried to copy files to it! Instead I copied them to the SWTOOLS folder. I also connected the USB cable in a different USB port, and that did it!
NOW.....How do I erase the AT&T logo printed in front, between the screen and the navigation switch, and replace it with the WALKMAN logo......????
Would sandpaper do the trick? ;-p
WOW!! What would I have done without you guys! Thanks a million. My Ericsson is now free of all those annoying AT&T logos and apps. Everything looks like it did in my grey w580i.
I admit that I struggled with this procedure a little, but only because of my lack of expertise with files, folders, installations, etc. I must also thank the person who gave tips on what to do when the flashing seemed to run indefinitely, and that was to copy the files to a different folder (in my case it wasn't c: drive...because Windows Vista FREAKED when I tried to copy files to it! Instead I copied them to the SWTOOLS folder. I also connected the USB cable in a different USB port, and that did it!
NOW.....How do I erase the AT&T logo printed in front, between the screen and the navigation switch, and replace it with the WALKMAN logo......????
Would sandpaper do the trick? ;-p

19 of 147 (34,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2008 8:17:49 AM
(0)
Contributor
hi .. i have a AT&T branded W 580i.. and I want to flash it to the original sony ericsson version. I doubt the AT&T sim might not work if I debrand the phone, Can any one give me a reply for this. I prefer replies from those who have debrabded thier W 580.

Can I use the main- W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52 ? and HB1_06_Gen_CDA102568_15_R8A_GENERIC_AMERICA_1 for the flashing?
hi .. i have a AT&T branded W 580i.. and I want to flash it to the original sony ericsson version. I doubt the AT&T sim might not work if I debrand the phone, Can any one give me a reply for this. I prefer replies from those who have debrabded thier W 580.

Can I use the main- W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52 ? and HB1_06_Gen_CDA102568_15_R8A_GENERIC_AMERICA_1 for the flashing?

20 of 147 (34,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2008 12:00:07 PM
(0)
Tutor
welcome to setool2 lite edition v 1.08
supported DB2010/DB2012 CID49/50/51/52, DB2020 CID49/51/52
Loaded 51 flash descriptors
FILE RECOGNIZED AS CUSTOMIZATION PACKAGE.

CDA:CDA102568/7
MODEL:HB1-06 Gen
VARIANT:C_ASIA
LANGUAGE: EN
LANGUAGE: AR
LANGUAGE: AZ
LANGUAGE: RU
LANGUAGE: TR
LANGUAGE: UK

ChipID:9900,EMP protocol:0301
PHONE IS RED RETAIL PRODUCT
FLASH CID detected:52
Speed:921600
OTP LOCKED:1 CID:51 PAF:1 IMEI:01127100812424 CERT:RED
FLASH CID:52 COLOR:RED
LDR:061201 1314 HANCXC1329129_DB2020_FLASHLOADER_R2A005
Flash ID check:897E
Flash props sent ok
writing C:\setool2flashingguide\W580_R8BA024_FS_C_ASIA_RED52.fbn
CURRENT FLASH FILE CID:52
SSW uses complete hash, hash len is:4420
Will flash 221 blocks...
SSW loading returns:0
writing C:\setool2flashingguide\W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn
SSW uses complete hash, hash len is:9200
Will flash 460 blocks...
CSloader version:
070410 1557 HANCXC1250562_DB2020_CSLOADER_R3A009
loader startup: executed
loader filesystem startup: executed
CSloader refused to start GDFS services,error is:29
loader GDFS startup failed, that is fatal
Elapsed:402 secs.

that is what i get and now it says configuration error please contact your network operator or service centre

anyone know how to fix this?
welcome to setool2 lite edition v 1.08
supported DB2010/DB2012 CID49/50/51/52, DB2020 CID49/51/52
Loaded 51 flash descriptors
FILE RECOGNIZED AS CUSTOMIZATION PACKAGE.

CDA:CDA102568/7
MODEL:HB1-06 Gen
VARIANT:C_ASIA
LANGUAGE: EN
LANGUAGE: AR
LANGUAGE: AZ
LANGUAGE: RU
LANGUAGE: TR
LANGUAGE: UK

ChipID:9900,EMP protocol:0301
PHONE IS RED RETAIL PRODUCT
FLASH CID detected:52
Speed:921600
OTP LOCKED:1 CID:51 PAF:1 IMEI:01127100812424 CERT:RED
FLASH CID:52 COLOR:RED
LDR:061201 1314 HANCXC1329129_DB2020_FLASHLOADER_R2A005
Flash ID check:897E
Flash props sent ok
writing C:\setool2flashingguide\W580_R8BA024_FS_C_ASIA_RED52.fbn
SSW uses complete hash, hash len is:4420
Will flash 221 blocks...
writing C:\setool2flashingguide\W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn
SSW uses complete hash, hash len is:9200
Will flash 460 blocks...
CSloader version:
070410 1557 HANCXC1250562_DB2020_CSLOADER_R3A009
loader startup: executed
loader filesystem startup: executed
CSloader refused to start GDFS services,error is:29
loader GDFS startup failed, that is fatal
Elapsed:402 secs.

that is what i get and now it says configuration error please contact your network operator or service centre

anyone know how to fix this?

21 of 147 (26,335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2008 12:53:25 PM
(0)
Tutor
ok i tried it again and it worked....but like someone else said all media net stuff is gone how do i get media net back as my homepage and stuff

ok i tried it again and it worked....but like someone else said all media net stuff is gone how do i get media net back as my homepage and stuff

22 of 147 (26,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2008 5:56:04 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by redburn_38 on Feb 3, 2008 at 6:53:46 PM
To    rafoolik......cc (sent this as private message as well)

I have 2x SE 580i's (mine and wifes)

I keep trying to unbrand my phone and have done all you said and the status bar on the bottom of the usb installer just crawls across in green for several minutes but to the right it shows no processes being communicated with my phone. I hit stop and try and connect phone again and it says connected when USB device pops up but upon checking "My Computer" it shows nothing connected. I think this may be the problem or do I need to unlock phone or put it in different mode before I remove sim and connect?

I have tried to put USB cable in other USB ports and even downloaded the PC suite software from Sony Ericsson to no avail!

Have put sim back in and turned phone back on and it still works fine but am really bummed that I can't debrand it. I have only owned it for 3 days and want to debrand it like NOW! LOL

Any suggestions on why my computer seems to not recognize phone after "USB Device Connected" pops up in my activity tray below and says successful but won't show any device under "My Computer"

Please email me directly or contact in the thread on this forum.......sooner the better if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Redburn_38

P.S. (edited from private message)

I should also tell you that I downloaded the files to a direct folder named w580 under my C drive.....C:\w580 as suggested by a previous post!

OK this may seem a little dumb but here go's my exact steps in case you notice something I am forgetting to do!

1.  Turn phone off and remove sim card (have no m2 card right now).
2.  Turn phone back on.
3.  Run downloaded software and usb installer with correct files in proper places as per your info.
4.  Connect USB cable supplied with phone to motherboard USB port.
5.  Press and hold "C button" on phone and connect USB cable to phone.
6.  Hit "FLASH" and green status bar on bottom of usb installer screen creeps across as if it is doing something but no processes are being shown on left in big box.  Under the big box it said "Awaiting your commands" but after I hit "FLASH" it now says "Hold "C button" and connect USB Cable."  Did not do anything other than hit "STOP" for fear of really screwing things up if I tried to disconnect and reconnect USB cable while in process.

I think my problem is simple as in the program and downloads are correctly running in the installer but my phone is not getting anything.  ALSO if this helps to identify problem, my phone screen is dark with nothing on it and no lights on phone when I hit the "FLASH" button.  As soon as I pick up phone and hold "C" button down to pull out USB cable (after hitting "STOP" as I said above) it says something to the effect of "insert sim card!"

I may have not done something very simple prior to following your info. but I am a TOTAL Newbee when it comes to these cell phones but have some basic computer knowledge which is why this has frustrated me not being able to figure out how to fix problem myself.

*******JUST NOTICED SOMETHING*******

I found the exact tutorial you gave in this post on YouTube.....not sure if it was yours or not but swwwweeeeet none the less!!
Anyway in this video demonstration it shows the person highlighting a selection on the left in the big box.....ie.....Language: EN or something to that affect.  Do I need to highlight the english version before hitting flash becasue I didn't pick one of these choices because it was not  in your instructions.  It also does not say anything in the worded instructions on the video about this as well.  Is it not necessary or do I need to highlight a language selection before hitting "FLASH."

Message Edited by redburn_38 on 02-03-2008 06:10:21 PM

Message Edited by redburn_38 on 02-03-2008 06:11:23 PM

Message Edited by redburn_38 on 02-03-2008 06:53:46 PM
To    rafoolik......cc (sent this as private message as well)

I have 2x SE 580i's (mine and wifes)

I keep trying to unbrand my phone and have done all you said and the status bar on the bottom of the usb installer just crawls across in green for several minutes but to the right it shows no processes being communicated with my phone. I hit stop and try and connect phone again and it says connected when USB device pops up but upon checking "My Computer" it shows nothing connected. I think this may be the problem or do I need to unlock phone or put it in different mode before I remove sim and connect?

I have tried to put USB cable in other USB ports and even downloaded the PC suite software from Sony Ericsson to no avail!

Have put sim back in and turned phone back on and it still works fine but am really bummed that I can't debrand it. I have only owned it for 3 days and want to debrand it like NOW! LOL

Any suggestions on why my computer seems to not recognize phone after "USB Device Connected" pops up in my activity tray below and says successful but won't show any device under "My Computer"

Please email me directly or contact in the thread on this forum.......sooner the better if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Redburn_38

P.S. (edited from private message)

I should also tell you that I downloaded the files to a direct folder named w580 under my C drive.....C:\w580 as suggested by a previous post!

OK this may seem a little dumb but here go's my exact steps in case you notice something I am forgetting to do!

1.  Turn phone off and remove sim card (have no m2 card right now).
2.  Turn phone back on.
3.  Run downloaded software and usb installer with correct files in proper places as per your info.
4.  Connect USB cable supplied with phone to motherboard USB port.
5.  Press and hold "C button" on phone and connect USB cable to phone.
6.  Hit "FLASH" and green status bar on bottom of usb installer screen creeps across as if it is doing something but no processes are being shown on left in big box.  Under the big box it said "Awaiting your commands" but after I hit "FLASH" it now says "Hold "C button" and connect USB Cable."  Did not do anything other than hit "STOP" for fear of really screwing things up if I tried to disconnect and reconnect USB cable while in process.

I think my problem is simple as in the program and downloads are correctly running in the installer but my phone is not getting anything.  ALSO if this helps to identify problem, my phone screen is dark with nothing on it and no lights on phone when I hit the "FLASH" button.  As soon as I pick up phone and hold "C" button down to pull out USB cable (after hitting "STOP" as I said above) it says something to the effect of "insert sim card!"

I may have not done something very simple prior to following your info. but I am a TOTAL Newbee when it comes to these cell phones but have some basic computer knowledge which is why this has frustrated me not being able to figure out how to fix problem myself.

*******JUST NOTICED SOMETHING*******

I found the exact tutorial you gave in this post on YouTube.....not sure if it was yours or not but swwwweeeeet none the less!!
Anyway in this video demonstration it shows the person highlighting a selection on the left in the big box.....ie.....Language: EN or something to that affect.  Do I need to highlight the english version before hitting flash becasue I didn't pick one of these choices because it was not  in your instructions.  It also does not say anything in the worded instructions on the video about this as well.  Is it not necessary or do I need to highlight a language selection before hitting "FLASH."

Message Edited by redburn_38 on 02-03-2008 06:10:21 PM

Message Edited by redburn_38 on 02-03-2008 06:11:23 PM

Message Edited by redburn_38 on 02-03-2008 06:53:46 PM

[ Edited ]
23 of 147 (26,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2008 6:16:11 PM
(0)
Tutor
Also to anybody else who might know this....when I finally do get my phone DEBRANDED (Hopefully).

If I am going to make ringtones from my massive MP3 collection do I just make shortened versions of the songs using my "Cakewalk Pyro 5" program or something and then load them on phone and assign them to ringtones folder.  Because I have tried this with other branded phones and they won't let me use them this way.

Thanks
Also to anybody else who might know this....when I finally do get my phone DEBRANDED (Hopefully).

If I am going to make ringtones from my massive MP3 collection do I just make shortened versions of the songs using my "Cakewalk Pyro 5" program or something and then load them on phone and assign them to ringtones folder.  Because I have tried this with other branded phones and they won't let me use them this way.

Thanks

24 of 147 (26,311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2008 8:54:19 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by redburn_38 on Feb 3, 2008 at 8:59:39 PM
I GOT IT !                    FINALLY!!

Seems I am a slow learner who needs to have simple steps that most already know told to me. 

How I finally debranded my SE 580i ........ (and yes, it is now SWEET as you know what :smileyhappy: )

1.  Hooked my USB to a USB port on motherboard.
2.  Went to Sony Ericsson online and downloaded the update service and connected my phone with sim card in it......following all prompts on the tutorial.
3.  This said my phone was up to date but it FINALLY recognized my phone and labled it "SEMC Flash Device!!!!!"
4.  Turned phone OFF and removed sim card.
5.  Reinstalled battery and left phone OFF.
6.  Followed   rafoolik 's instructions again exactly as he states (only exception is that when I added the 2 files under "Files" I added the "+ W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn" file first and the "+ W580_R8BA024_FS_C_ASIA_RED52.fbn" file second.  This was a suggestion from another post on YouTube with a video tutorial.
7.  Hit "Flash" button and waited about 7 minutes while the process was completed until it said "Phone detached & elapsed time 466"
8.  Disconnected phone.
9.  Turned Phone on.
10.  Can't go to bed like I should for work in morning because I am now playing with this AWESOME BEAST!!!!!

Enjoy!

Thanks again and 3 cheers to    rafoolik

:manvery-happy:

P.S.
Anyone who is trying this for the first time with no experience what so ever needs to know that they must connect phone to PC prior to all this with sim card in it and the Sony Ericsson PC software downloaded from their website to have the drivers on the phone updated/recognized.

Here are the 2 most helpful links to what you need to do prior to debranding in my opinion if your phone is brand new and you have not ever connected it to a PC.

Message Edited by redburn_38 on 02-03-2008 08:59:39 PM
I GOT IT !                    FINALLY!!

Seems I am a slow learner who needs to have simple steps that most already know told to me. 

How I finally debranded my SE 580i ........ (and yes, it is now SWEET as you know what :smileyhappy: )

1.  Hooked my USB to a USB port on motherboard.
2.  Went to Sony Ericsson online and downloaded the update service and connected my phone with sim card in it......following all prompts on the tutorial.
3.  This said my phone was up to date but it FINALLY recognized my phone and labled it "SEMC Flash Device!!!!!"
4.  Turned phone OFF and removed sim card.
5.  Reinstalled battery and left phone OFF.
6.  Followed   rafoolik 's instructions again exactly as he states (only exception is that when I added the 2 files under "Files" I added the "+ W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn" file first and the "+ W580_R8BA024_FS_C_ASIA_RED52.fbn" file second.  This was a suggestion from another post on YouTube with a video tutorial.
7.  Hit "Flash" button and waited about 7 minutes while the process was completed until it said "Phone detached & elapsed time 466"
8.  Disconnected phone.
9.  Turned Phone on.
10.  Can't go to bed like I should for work in morning because I am now playing with this AWESOME BEAST!!!!!

Enjoy!

Thanks again and 3 cheers to    rafoolik

:manvery-happy:

P.S.
Anyone who is trying this for the first time with no experience what so ever needs to know that they must connect phone to PC prior to all this with sim card in it and the Sony Ericsson PC software downloaded from their website to have the drivers on the phone updated/recognized.

Here are the 2 most helpful links to what you need to do prior to debranding in my opinion if your phone is brand new and you have not ever connected it to a PC.

Message Edited by redburn_38 on 02-03-2008 08:59:39 PM

[ Edited ]
25 of 147 (26,287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2008 6:05:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
You may have already determined this, but my understanding is that once you've debranded your phone you will not really need to make shortened clips of your mp3's to use them as ringtones.  The generic software is supposed to let you assign full length mp3 files.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

You may have already determined this, but my understanding is that once you've debranded your phone you will not really need to make shortened clips of your mp3's to use them as ringtones.  The generic software is supposed to let you assign full length mp3 files.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

26 of 147 (26,268 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2008 6:12:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Try having the MediaNet settings sent to your phone from SE's support site - here .
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

Try having the MediaNet settings sent to your phone from SE's support site - here .
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

27 of 147 (26,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2008 9:01:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hi, just bought a w580i last night and decided to flash it within 24 hours.  This tutorial worked perfectly, thank you!  I'm definitely enjoying the perks of an unbranded phone!

Only one problem: can't get picture messaging to work yet.  Any hints?

Thanks!
Hi, just bought a w580i last night and decided to flash it within 24 hours.  This tutorial worked perfectly, thank you!  I'm definitely enjoying the perks of an unbranded phone!

Only one problem: can't get picture messaging to work yet.  Any hints?

Thanks!

28 of 147 (25,998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2008 6:40:56 AM
(0)
Mentor
Can anyone that's done this through this method or another confirm that they've been able to get text and picture messaging as well as MEdia Net working and how? I'm interested in debranding my phone but rely on these features and would need them to work (even if some configuration needs to be done) if I'm going to do this.

Thanks for the help!
Can anyone that's done this through this method or another confirm that they've been able to get text and picture messaging as well as MEdia Net working and how? I'm interested in debranding my phone but rely on these features and would need them to work (even if some configuration needs to be done) if I'm going to do this.

Thanks for the help!

29 of 147 (25,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2008 6:08:56 PM
(0)
Tutor
I bought a pink w580i and decided to flash it within 24 hours of receiving it, also.  This tutorial worked flawlessly!  Use caution and be precise, and you shouldn't have any problems flashing it.

The only problem I have now is that I can't get MMS to work at all.  Even with SE's over-the-air configuration.  Anybody figured this out?

I love this phone even more now!

Thanks & Help if you can!
I bought a pink w580i and decided to flash it within 24 hours of receiving it, also.  This tutorial worked flawlessly!  Use caution and be precise, and you shouldn't have any problems flashing it.

The only problem I have now is that I can't get MMS to work at all.  Even with SE's over-the-air configuration.  Anybody figured this out?

I love this phone even more now!

Thanks & Help if you can!

30 of 147 (25,427 Views)