Flash/Debrand your sony ericsson w580i for FREE

Mentor

Re: Flash/Debrand your sony ericsson w580i for FREE

why would rebrand your phone att takes away soo much stuff....like the media button is suppose to be a short cut

button most ppl dont even use the internet on their phones.

no need for a shortcut to the internet and also they disable flash themes!! and other stuff making u not able to 

customize your phone....

but if u do flash u lose aim....msn...and yahoo not that i need it!!!

Message 136 of 147 (7,539 Views)
Contributor

I believe the flash driver is for the flash software to communicate with the phone the way it wants it to (in update/maintainance mode, not the usual phone or files transfer mode).
Message 137 of 147 (7,524 Views)

[ Edited ]

This site has been very helpful! However, I am running into some major problems.

{Moderator Note: In efforts to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting. Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 06-03-2009 11:52:50 PM
Message 138 of 147 (6,255 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]
when i finished, i turned it on and the screen is {word filter evasion}. O-O
Message Edited by pamelaz on 07-19-2009 10:11:07 AM
Message 139 of 147 (5,649 Views)
Contributor

my screen resolution is VERY DISTORTED!. is there a solution for this
Message 140 of 147 (5,625 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

I have a SE W580i (Black Phone) and was attempting to debrand it. I followed this tutorial only to always get the same error:

ChipID:9900,EMP protocol:0301
PHONE IS RED RETAIL PRODUCT
FLASH CID detected:53
Speed:921600
OTP LOCKED:1 CID:51 PAF:1 IMEI:************** CERT:RED
FLASH CID:53 COLOR:RED
Can't build loaders chain ;(
Elapsed:0 secs.

Im not sure what I've done wrong but any help will be greatly appriciated Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Terminator123 

PS   I have already unlocked my phone with the NCK code given to me by AT&T.

Message Edited by Terminator123 on 07-25-2009 09:37:35 AM
Message Edited by Terminator123 on 07-25-2009 09:37:45 AM
Message 141 of 147 (6,066 Views)
Contributor

When reading this thread I had a feeling that I would have a problem. And so it was.Here I would like to give a couple of hints for those who are as unlucky as me.
1. When installing drivers, your phone should be _not_ connected. If it _was_ connected, you can disconnect it and plug into a different USB port.
2. My antivirus program has detected a dialer in SETools v 11. Some web sites claim that this is a fault alarm. Just to be on a safe side I would recommend to download v 10, which was clean (or not detected :-)
3. It is not clear how to connect the phone. The procedure should look the following
A. Press the "FLASH" (or whatever you need) button. The green status bar will start.
B. (Switch off your phone.)  Disconnect the battery. Connect it again. Hold the "C" button. Plug in the USB cable.
There some information start apear in the left winndow. It will show the progress, something like 100 from 460 blocks are read.
4. I would also recommend to "Identify" the phone first; and to "Read" the flash memory second.
5. When debranded something went wrong with my phone. It looks like the screen had a very low resolution. But the phone asked to update itself. The whole procedure took about 20 minutes, but it is fine now.
Message 142 of 147 (6,042 Views)
Contributor

hey while i was flashing, everythn crashed and now the phone is not switching on. nor is it being detected by the pc...is it gone completely..pls tell me its not..can it be fixed??
Message 143 of 147 (5,255 Views)
Voyager

I just debranded my phone today using a differnt program (A2 uploader, SE pc suit, and SE update service). I was looking on the SonyEricsson website under support and found a link at the bottom of the page uder the heading "Your Phone" that says "Internet Settings" and "MMS Settings". I just clicked those links and followed the instructions (which was quite easy). Now MMS settings along with Internet settings are correct with little effort.
Message 144 of 147 (4,910 Views)
Mentor

Hi life4dabeach.

Can you please tell me how your debranded using the applications you mentioned. Is there a tutorial that you followed?

Thanks in advance

Message 145 of 147 (4,735 Views)
Former Moderator

Message 146 of 147 (2,828 Views)
Highlighted
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 147 of 147 (2,827 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.