First bill confusion.

Voyager

First bill confusion.

So I just got my first AT&T bill and I'm a little confused. I signed up for service about a week ago with one of the MiFis and the $39.99 3GB plan. I knew there would be a $36 activation fee and everything like that, but I'm confused as to why I already have a bill due. When I look at the actual bill, it shows service charges from 6/4/11-7/3/11.

Now I thought that because it's a postpaid account, I wouldn't pay for the charges until after I used them. This bill is supposed to be due on June 27th so that would be before I used any of the services. Is this just because it's the first month's bill? So after this, I wouldn't have another bill due until like August? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: First bill confusion.

Actually you prepay for access to the network (monthly plan, data, texting), you post pay for any overages and purchases (ringtones, etc.)
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (221 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.