Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 9, 2011
8:21:37 PM
First bill confusion.

So I just got my first AT&T bill and I'm a little confused. I signed up for service about a week ago with one of the MiFis and the $39.99 3GB plan. I knew there would be a $36 activation fee and everything like that, but I'm confused as to why I already have a bill due. When I look at the actual bill, it shows service charges from 6/4/11-7/3/11.

Now I thought that because it's a postpaid account, I wouldn't pay for the charges until after I used them. This bill is supposed to be due on June 27th so that would be before I used any of the services. Is this just because it's the first month's bill? So after this, I wouldn't have another bill due until like August? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Smiley Happy

So I just got my first AT&T bill and I'm a little confused. I signed up for service about a week ago with one of the MiFis and the $39.99 3GB plan. I knew there would be a $36 activation fee and everything like that, but I'm confused as to why I already have a bill due. When I look at the actual bill, it shows service charges from 6/4/11-7/3/11.

Now I thought that because it's a postpaid account, I wouldn't pay for the charges until after I used them. This bill is supposed to be due on June 27th so that would be before I used any of the services. Is this just because it's the first month's bill? So after this, I wouldn't have another bill due until like August? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Smiley Happy

First bill confusion.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2011 5:44:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Actually you prepay for access to the network (monthly plan, data, texting), you post pay for any overages and purchases (ringtones, etc.)
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Actually you prepay for access to the network (monthly plan, data, texting), you post pay for any overages and purchases (ringtones, etc.)
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: First bill confusion.

2 of 2 (217 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments