Posted Apr 9, 2011
2:39:49 PM
View profile
Firewall, Anti-Virus-Spyware Applications for Samsung Captivate

I have Samsung Captivate Model # SGH I897

Build # FROYO.UCKB1  Firmware Froyo Ver. 2.2

Kernel Version 2.6.32.9

Phone Carrier: AT&T

Are there any Good, Solid  Firewall, Anti-Virus, and Spyware Applications for the Samsung Captivate? What are the Best ones?    

I have Samsung Captivate Model # SGH I897

Build # FROYO.UCKB1  Firmware Froyo Ver. 2.2

Kernel Version 2.6.32.9

Phone Carrier: AT&T

Are there any Good, Solid  Firewall, Anti-Virus, and Spyware Applications for the Samsung Captivate? What are the Best ones?    

Firewall, Anti-Virus-Spyware Applications for Samsung Captivate

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 5:18:53 AM
(0)
Master
A search for antivirus in the Android Market will these applications and others. The first two I have used & liked and third I have heard about but haven't gotten around to checking out.

Lookout
AVG DroidSecurity
McAfee
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
A search for antivirus in the Android Market will these applications and others. The first two I have used & liked and third I have heard about but haven't gotten around to checking out.

Lookout
AVG DroidSecurity
McAfee
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: Firewall, Anti-Virus-Spyware Applications for Samsung Captivate

2 of 6 (746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 8:57:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi there,

I have a Samsung Captivate and have been using lookout for a couple months now with no problems.  Lookout has been rated very high by third party reviewing companies.  

Hi there,

I have a Samsung Captivate and have been using lookout for a couple months now with no problems.  Lookout has been rated very high by third party reviewing companies.  

3 of 6 (735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2011 8:53:20 AM
(0)
Mentor

Just open the Android Market app and search for anti virus - LOOK OUT is one and there's NORTON of course and TREND MICRO which you must purchase. You can also look for reviews on any of the Android blogs.

Just open the Android Market app and search for anti virus - LOOK OUT is one and there's NORTON of course and TREND MICRO which you must purchase. You can also look for reviews on any of the Android blogs.

4 of 6 (708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2011 10:58:03 AM
(0)
Guru

Just heard about this one also.  Haven't tried it, but have used their spy-sweeper in the past.  There's a free (limited) version.

Just heard about this one also.  Haven't tried it, but have used their spy-sweeper in the past.  There's a free (limited) version.

5 of 6 (591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2011 8:46:57 AM
(0)
Voyager

I use the free version of Lookout Security on my phone.  I have no problems with it.  The program scans every app I download for viruses and malware, and has other cool features as well.  The pay version allows you to find your phone if it's lost or stolen (provided the power is on).  This is he one feature of my Backflip I miss, I could log into my MotoBlur account and find my phone, free service of Motorola.  

I use the free version of Lookout Security on my phone.  I have no problems with it.  The program scans every app I download for viruses and malware, and has other cool features as well.  The pay version allows you to find your phone if it's lost or stolen (provided the power is on).  This is he one feature of my Backflip I miss, I could log into my MotoBlur account and find my phone, free service of Motorola.  

6 of 6 (533 Views)