FedEx dropped Iphone 4S on front door & was gone!!!

Contributor

FedEx dropped Iphone 4S on front door & was gone!!!

Customer of AT&T (Cingular) for 12 years & this is what I get?

Tracked my shipment Friday & to my surprise it showed:

LEFT AT FRONT DOOR.  PACKAGE DELIVERED TO RECIPIENT ADDRESS- RELEASE AUTHORIZED

Obviously I did not approve for FedEx to leave it at my front door, since I live in an apartment complex!  I called them as soon as I got home (3:00 PM, FedEx shows delivery made at 11:45) AT&T Premiere CS told me that they would place a ticket for the escalation team & someone would call me back within 48 hours.  FedEx CS said I had to wait for them to talk to the driver on Monday.  I waited until Monday & when I didn't get a call back I called them back. 

This is the FRUSTRATING part, FedEx said I had to sort it with AT&T and that AT&T would send me a replacement & file the claim with them.  AT&T CS rep told me that I would have to wait another 48 hours since the first escalation ticket was lost.  I waited another 48 hours, called back & rep is telling me that the escalation team is still working on it, but that I would have to file the claim directly with FedEx!  She then told me that she couldn't see the resolution the the escalation ticket since "someone was working on it" & they would call me back shortly once they were done.  it has been 3 hrs since & nothing. 

Does anyone have a similar story?  What do I do from here?  Who can I escalate this to?

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 27 (6,850 Views)
Professor

Re: Recovering Apple Products... (Re: FedEx dropped Iphone 4S on front door & was gone!!!)

All MC918LL/A means is Apple iPhone 4S 16BG Black AT&T. There are at least a hundred thousand phones out there with that model number. To find your phone, you need either it's unique serial number or IMEI number.
Message 16 of 27 (5,111 Views)
Professor

Re: Recovering Apple Products... (Re: FedEx dropped Iphone 4S on front door & was gone!!!)

to the Original poster any lick in getting a claim filed or a replacement iphone 4S shipped to you? please keep us posted thanks.

Message 17 of 27 (5,099 Views)
Master

I remember reading a situation just like this back when the iPhone 4 was just being released last year. So, OP and others who have chimed in, you are not alone.

Good luck to you all and I wish you the best.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 18 of 27 (5,088 Views)
Expert

Mine was delivered via FedEx (Apple) and did state a signature would be required, or to leave a pre-signed authorization.  I printed the authorization and left it, but was home.  FedEx guy had my printed page in his hand, but rang the doorbell and waited for me to answer.

And no doubt if you tell other people when you're expecting to get your new phone, not that a friend would steal it, but your friends tell their friends, and down the line until someone gets an idea.  Not to mention if you post publicly on social media networks or blogs. Smiley Sad  Sort of like burglars who read the obits for service times, then rob while the family is gone.

IIRC, ATT was using UPS for their shipments, and Apple was using FedEx; did this changed after all the backordered pre-orders?

Message 19 of 27 (5,057 Views)

spd2demun wrote:

Mine was delivered via FedEx (Apple) and did state a signature would be required, or to leave a pre-signed authorization.  I printed the authorization and left it, but was home.  FedEx guy had my printed page in his hand, but rang the doorbell and waited for me to answer.

And no doubt if you tell other people when you're expecting to get your new phone, not that a friend would steal it, but your friends tell their friends, and down the line until someone gets an idea.  Not to mention if you post publicly on social media networks or blogs. Smiley Sad  Sort of like burglars who read the obits for service times, then rob while the family is gone.

IIRC, ATT was using UPS for their shipments, and Apple was using FedEx; did this changed after all the backordered pre-orders?

My Apple pre-order was shipped via UPS, and was delivered on release day.  Sounds like they spread it around this year instead of contracting with just a single shipper.

Message 20 of 27 (5,027 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

I guess so, and probably had to! Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 27 (4,986 Views)
Contributor

same exact thing happened to me. same fedex message 'delivered, authorization released'. i got home and no package. i called fedex first and opened a missing package dispute but they just said they'd call back in 24 hours after they talk to the driver (no call back yet but it hasn't been 24 hours).

i then called att and they were great. i explained the situation and they got me over to a sales person who put in an order for two new phones (original shipment was for 2) with over night shipping. the whole call took about 45 mins. they never asked for a CC number for 'validation' either. this happened last night (monday) and they claim i should have the new phones by friday. im not giving them an A+ just yet, but if the phones arrive as promised then kudos to att. 

(only thing that sucks for me is i timed selling my old phone on ebay to have the auction end the day the new phones arrived. so now i have my old phones sold and paid for, but no new phones to replace them with).

they just said if the other (stolen) phones show up to send em back. the whole process was rather painless but im reserving final judgement until i have the phones in hand Smiley Happy

i dont quite understand what the point of stealing iphones is anyways. att has the IMEI numbers and can disable them remotely. maybe the thiefs ship them over seas?

Message 22 of 27 (4,878 Views)
Tutor

Re: FedEx dropped Iphone 4S on front door & was gone!!!

Whoa.. .that fedex dude is gunna be in trouble...
Message 23 of 27 (4,789 Views)
Professor

stevy26 wrote:
Whoa.. .that fedex dude is gunna be in trouble...

I doubt it.  i had a phone delivered to my house  a while back DHL, guy walked up to my front porch just threw the box about 4 feet. had my daughter upgrade in it. and he walked off, i was looking out the side window time i got out side he ran back to his van sped off. open the box phone was damaged. called DHLto file a complaint and AT&T. replacement phone sent 2 days later. this was on a monday. friday afternoon i seen that delivery driver  across the street walk up to the front door and throw another package and walk off.     

Message 24 of 27 (4,765 Views)
Mentor

Package delivery companies are rough on packages. The phone should have been packaged well enough to survive the toss. In fact I think there is an industry standard that all electronics are suposed to be packaged well enough to survive a 6 foot dead drop. Even heavy, expensive, things like TVs.

If your phone was damaged it was probably from being crushed under other boxes in the truck or at a sort facility, the 4ft toss shouldn't have done any damage.

Dan

Message 25 of 27 (4,736 Views)

Dan203 wrote:

Package delivery companies are rough on packages. The phone should have been packaged well enough to survive the toss. In fact I think there is an industry standard that all electronics are suposed to be packaged well enough to survive a 6 foot dead drop. Even heavy, expensive, things like TVs.

If your phone was damaged it was probably from being crushed under other boxes in the truck or at a sort facility, the 4ft toss shouldn't have done any damage.

Dan

Sorters for the package delivery companies will throw packages at least that far several times during its transit.  And marking a package "fragile" doesn't really help.  As noted by Dan, packages need to be packed with the expectation that they will be tossed around.

Message 26 of 27 (4,733 Views)
Scholar

Thats bad service that I hope your able to get another iPhone sorted of this company

past experiences with Fedex are pretty good ive bought a iPod mini yrs ago from America and it arrived within 2 days Woman Very Happy very good service consering USPS sucks lemons 3 weeks delivery to the UK from US Woman Sad

by all means though Royalmail have left parcels on my neighbours bin and left a card thru my door too

although they have always been there what if Woman Mad

Message 27 of 27 (4,707 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.