Feature package auto-refill broken as usual, loss of rollover data with no recourse

Tutor

Feature package auto-refill broken as usual, loss of rollover data with no recourse

Annoying experience today... yesterday I had 400MB data on my plan, today nothing. There's SUPPOSED to be a 100MB autorenew package set up, but it also managed to disappear. It was there 2 weeks ago when I last checked the account online.

Customer service, when you can find their phone number, not really helpful. No possibility of re-enstating the missing data balance. Finally accepted a $10 credit as better than nothing (about half the value of the lost data).

I know it's only $10-20 but the whole feature refill system seems designed to fail.

Message 1 of 2
Master

Re: Feature package auto-refill broken as usual, loss of rollover data with no recourse

I'm sorry to hear that - I had the same experience last November after using the auto-renewal for many months without any problem.  You may want to call customer service back and speak to a different rep re: re-instating the data balance that you lost.   Ask for a supervisor if need be - you should not have to just accept the loss of an existing balance (presuming you had funds in your account to make the auto-renewal).  This is a known problem (to at&t) with the feature auto-renewal system.

In my case, they did re-instate almost 1,000 messages. (I had well over $100 in my account at the time the auto-renewal failed, so a lack of funds was not the issue.)  The rep could see that it had "kicked off in the background for some unknown reason, which isn't really uncommon".  The re-instatement however was a one-time "courtesy"; she indicated that they would not be able to do so again, so she reommended that I call each month "close" to auto-renewal to have a customer service rep check to make sure it was still turned on "in the background".  I was told it wasn't something I could tell from looking at my on-line account.  But since the rep couldn't provide a definitive answer as to what would be considered "close" enough to the renewal point to actually allow at&t to stand behind their system if it then failed again, I decided it was easier to just turn off the auto-renewal feature and manually renew the feature package myself each month.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support