Feature expiration and auto-renewal

Highlighted
Tutor

Feature expiration and auto-renewal

If you buya data feature pack, it expires 30 days later, unless you buy more.  Does it expire at the start of the 30th day or the end?  In other words, does it expire at 12:01am or 11:59pm on the listed date?

Is auto-renewal reliable?  I've seen some old messages in which auto-renewal didn't work on time, leading to people losing data instead of having it roll over.  Have these problems been fixed?

Message 1 of 4 (413 Views)
Master

Re: Feature expiration and auto-renewal

foosion wrote:

If you buya data feature pack, it expires 30 days later, unless you buy more.  Does it expire at the start of the 30th day or the end?  In other words, does it expire at 12:01am or 11:59pm on the listed date?

Is auto-renewal reliable?  I've seen some old messages in which auto-renewal didn't work on time, leading to people losing data instead of having it roll over.  Have these problems been fixed?

A data feature package (as well as any other) would expire at the end of the 30th day (11:59 P.M.) I have never used auto-renewal for feature packages, as I don't feel that it is necessary and it might take more money from my account than I would have wanted it to. (In example, subtracting $19.99 from my account when I don't want a particular feature for that month).

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4 (402 Views)
Master

foosion wrote:

Depends on your definition of "recently". Smiley Happy 

I experienced an auto-renewal failure mid-November 2010.  Customer service restored my messaging balance, but said they could never do so again - even if their auto-renewal system failed again.  Needless to say, I removed auto-renewal and have just been renewing "manually" ever since. Smiley Wink

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 4 (393 Views)
Contributor

I am currently managing 11 gophones for work and can tell you that auto renewal of text packages is not reliable.

It seems that "live" cusotmer service is unable to deal with it or remedy the situation when I lose a bunch of text credits as a result.

Among the 11 accounts there are 4 that seem to work with auto renew.  The others don't.  I have set them up on line myself, had customer service do it and even gone to a retail store (who was no help) to try and get it done.  Auto renewal fails on the "problem" phones every time so I've given up on auto renewal.

Message 4 of 4 (115 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.