Feature Auto-Renewal Warning!

Highlighted
Master

Feature Auto-Renewal Warning!

Be careful if you use the auto-renewal for features on your prepaid service and maintain a "rollover" balance of unused data or messaging allotments.

My messaging package was set to auto renew on the 16th - and I'd even checked my account on-line about 10 days prior to ensure the auto-renewal was still in place, plus I received the standard text from at&t on the 11th reminding that it would occur.  Yet it did not.  Smiley Sad  Starting the morning of the 16th, every time I received a message the notification that it cost $0.20 came along with it (with more than adequate funds in my account for the feature purchase and an account expiration that isn't until late November).

I contacted customer service that evening - the rep researched it without any issue and put the approx. 1100 messages I'd lost back in my account, etc.  But she also indicated they can only make that type of an account adjustment ONCE - and said I should call each month immediately prior to the expiration date to have customer service confirm that auto-renewal hasn't "kicked off" for some unknown reason in the background.  What?!?!?!  lol. 

That certainly defeats the purpose of auto-renewal, so I've turned it off and will go back to just purchasing my feature renewals the old-fashioned "manual" way.  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad 

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 1 of 3 (480 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Feature Auto-Renewal Warning!

Sorry to hear about your woes with auto-renewal. From your description it sounds like it's indeed less convenient to use auto-renew than to do it manually…

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (472 Views)
Master

Re: Feature Auto-Renewal Warning!

Thank you. Smiley Happy

Yes, and with at&t's apparent disinterest to readily resolve the issue for the customer where it is clearly their own system that has caused the problem, it also makes me wonder what their definition of "immediately prior" would be?  lol.  If you call a week in advance of your renewal date yet the system kicks off anyway but you've received a prior account adjustment, would you just be out of luck? Smiley Sad

If at&t is going to offer the auto-renewal option then they need to stand behind it when it doesn't function correctly!

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 3 (467 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.