Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 6, 2011
6:33:59 AM
View profile
FamilyTalk Upgrade Switching?

Been searching, but ended up with outdated or conflicting info, so thought I'd just try here:

We've got 3 lines on a FamilyTalk plan.

MomInLaw- 3G in another state - eligible for 4S upgrade discount.

Wife-  3G - eligible for 4S upgrade discount.

Me- iPhone 4 - not eligible until March 3

What I'd like to do is buy two iPhone 4S devices using the discounts available for Wife and MomInLaw, then give MomInLaw my iPhone 4, Wife and I getting the new iPhone 4S.

I've read this morning about IMEI switching, and SIM card switching, but it's not at all clear whether this can be done.

If this can be accomplished, what steps are necessary?

Been searching, but ended up with outdated or conflicting info, so thought I'd just try here:

We've got 3 lines on a FamilyTalk plan.

MomInLaw- 3G in another state - eligible for 4S upgrade discount.

Wife-  3G - eligible for 4S upgrade discount.

Me- iPhone 4 - not eligible until March 3

What I'd like to do is buy two iPhone 4S devices using the discounts available for Wife and MomInLaw, then give MomInLaw my iPhone 4, Wife and I getting the new iPhone 4S.

I've read this morning about IMEI switching, and SIM card switching, but it's not at all clear whether this can be done.

If this can be accomplished, what steps are necessary?

FamilyTalk Upgrade Switching?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 10:52:03 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hi Chezedog, 

Here's a link to an article that goes over swapping upgrade status: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB411310&cv=820#fbid=Me-CyP2_YGo

Please let us know if that helps or if you have any other questions. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hi Chezedog, 

Here's a link to an article that goes over swapping upgrade status: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB411310&cv=820#fbid=Me-CyP2_YGo

Please let us know if that helps or if you have any other questions. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: FamilyTalk Upgrade Switching?

2 of 2 (461 Views)