FamilyMap HELP!

Contributor

FamilyMap HELP!

My 9 year old daughter's cell phone was stolen and although I've filed a police report, I still want to find the phone and not have to pay an insurance deductible of $100+ to get it replaced.  She is only 9!  It's a BB Torch but I'm so frustrated because the Locater feature is only picking up the phone by about 800+ yards.  That is wayyyyy too big of an area in order for it to be found.  However, if I attempt to locate my phone (an iPhone) or my husband's (a Motorola Atrix), it gives me a location withing a distance of no more than 15 yards.  Why the big difference?  I'm so frustrated!

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: FamilyMap HELP!

It all depends on the type of GPS the phone itself is using.

I can understand the frustration, but seeing as how the child is only 9, maybe you could consider giving her a cheaper (disposible?) phone?

Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: FamilyMap HELP!

I got my 9y old daughter a Pantech Link.  Got it for $30 on the AT&T website under the GoPhone area.  Even though it was meant to be used as prepaid, just slip your postpaid SIM in and it works.  The Pantech link looks just like a BlackBerry and used A-GPS for location.  My experience is that Family Map will locate the Pantech to about 15 yards.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support