Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 18, 2012
9:01:38 AM
View profile
Family plan upgrade question

I have had a family plan since 2005 and my line is the primary line. Since 2005 I have been eligible for an upgrade every 12 months. I last upgraded in August 2011. Instead of being able to upgrade in August 2012, my eligibility date is now March 2013. Another line on my plan upgraded the same time I did and has the same eligibility date as me.

When did AT&T's policy change that the primary line does not get an upgrade every 12 months? I thought that the primary line had the benefit of an earlier upgrade than the other lines, but my primary line is now being treated the same as my other lines.

I've tried to talk to AT&T about this and no one can tell me when the policy changed, just that I am eligible in March 2013.

I have had a family plan since 2005 and my line is the primary line. Since 2005 I have been eligible for an upgrade every 12 months. I last upgraded in August 2011. Instead of being able to upgrade in August 2012, my eligibility date is now March 2013. Another line on my plan upgraded the same time I did and has the same eligibility date as me.

When did AT&T's policy change that the primary line does not get an upgrade every 12 months? I thought that the primary line had the benefit of an earlier upgrade than the other lines, but my primary line is now being treated the same as my other lines.

I've tried to talk to AT&T about this and no one can tell me when the policy changed, just that I am eligible in March 2013.

Family plan upgrade question

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 9:31:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
They changed the upgrade policy about a year ago.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
They changed the upgrade policy about a year ago.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Family plan upgrade question

2 of 3 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 10:10:35 AM
(0)
Voyager

Thanks. I don't know why AT&T was acting like it was a national secret to tell me when the policy changed.

Thanks. I don't know why AT&T was acting like it was a national secret to tell me when the policy changed.

Re: Family plan upgrade question

3 of 3 (748 Views)