Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 4, 2011
6:04:46 PM
View profile
Family Smartphone Data Plans?

I swear that I saw an AT&T commercial on tv this past weekend announcing Family Smartphone data plans, but I cannot find anything on the web site about it.

Is it true?  Is a family smartphone data plan coming?  Can anyone give details?  It would be useful since we have 3 out of 4 lines being smartphones.

I swear that I saw an AT&T commercial on tv this past weekend announcing Family Smartphone data plans, but I cannot find anything on the web site about it.

Is it true?  Is a family smartphone data plan coming?  Can anyone give details?  It would be useful since we have 3 out of 4 lines being smartphones.

Family Smartphone Data Plans?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2011 6:57:30 PM
(0)
Master

I saw it also .. Unfortunately I deleted from my DVR.  The next time I get it on the DVR I'll pause it to see if it shows all the details.

The one thing that was off is they were talking about $15/line .. But for how much data?  It can't be the 200MB plan as that is already its normal price.

I saw it also .. Unfortunately I deleted from my DVR.  The next time I get it on the DVR I'll pause it to see if it shows all the details.

The one thing that was off is they were talking about $15/line .. But for how much data?  It can't be the 200MB plan as that is already its normal price.

Re: Family Smartphone Data Plans?

2 of 4 (8,479 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2011 10:06:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

smcb wrote:

I also saw the commercial, but I did not record it. I have scoured the Web and called AT&T for information about it, and have found none. The rep that I spoke with had no knowledge of any family smartphone plans. I wonder if it's something that was supposed to be announced soon (maybe during CES this week) and they ran the commercials early or something. All I remember is that it mentioned $15/month also, but I don't know how much data.

smcb wrote:

I also saw the commercial, but I did not record it. I have scoured the Web and called AT&T for information about it, and have found none. The rep that I spoke with had no knowledge of any family smartphone plans. I wonder if it's something that was supposed to be announced soon (maybe during CES this week) and they ran the commercials early or something. All I remember is that it mentioned $15/month also, but I don't know how much data.

3 of 4 (8,348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2011 6:59:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

Planet-Ed wrote:

I just saw the commercial again. I think it's a bit misleading; the narrator on the commercial says that AT&T is "introducing" new smartphone family plans, starting at $15/month/line. However, if you read the fine print near the end, it says that the $15 plan gets you 200 MB of data on each line, which is the same data plan that they have had for months. It does not appear that any new plans are being rolled out, which is unfortunate. A shared data plan would be very attractive for our family.

Planet-Ed wrote:

I just saw the commercial again. I think it's a bit misleading; the narrator on the commercial says that AT&T is "introducing" new smartphone family plans, starting at $15/month/line. However, if you read the fine print near the end, it says that the $15 plan gets you 200 MB of data on each line, which is the same data plan that they have had for months. It does not appear that any new plans are being rolled out, which is unfortunate. A shared data plan would be very attractive for our family.

4 of 4 (8,216 Views)