Facetime error with international iphone user

Tutor

Facetime error with international iphone user

Hoping someone can help me here. I recently tried to facetime my friend over in Sydney and neither of us could get it to work. She's currently using an iphone 4 and I'm using an iphone 4S. I've facetime with my local friends all across the U.S. but just can't seem to get facetime to work internationally. Is it blocked? I know certain countries block facetime but my friend used facetime before with her family back in the states. So what are we doing wrong?

Message 1 of 3 (448 Views)
Expert

Re: Facetime error with international iphone user

utoppia wrote:

Hoping someone can help me here. I recently tried to facetime my friend over in Sydney and neither of us could get it to work. She's currently using an iphone 4 and I'm using an iphone 4S. I've facetime with my local friends all across the U.S. but just can't seem to get facetime to work internationally. Is it blocked? I know certain countries block facetime but my friend used facetime before with her family back in the states. So what are we doing wrong?

Don't use it, but seem to remember something about facetime only being wifi, has that changed to work over the cell network now?

Message 2 of 3 (434 Views)

Re: Facetime error with international iphone user

Yes, facetime can only be used over wifi.

Message 3 of 3 (423 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.