FYI - at&t communication manager not compatible with Windows 7

LCT
Scholar

Re: I'll try to explain.

LapDRx wrote:

I can't really explain why it does what it does, except describe the results. Watcher reinstalls the modem drivers of the card. That may have something to do with it. The tools to connect are different. and I'm positive that connections are not bottlenecked in Sierra as they are in ACM. All I can say is check it out and see for yourself.

Again this is surprising because the Sierra drivers that are included with ACM are only a point release ahead of those with ACM.  As for the bottleneck, I don't know what you mean.  Both applications use the NDIS interface and as I stated earlier, each one only monitors the telemetry coming from the device.  Personally, I have tested it and have never seen this issue.  If you can reproduce, I'd love to see some Wireshark logs.

P.S.

Hey mods, might be time to move this to the tethering board.  We stopped talking about BB midway through page two. Smiley Wink

Please stay on topic or start a new thread in Tethering boards

Message Edited by Helmsman on 05-12-2009 05:47:32 PM

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 31 of 36
Contributor

Re: FYI - at&t communication manager not compatible with Windows 7

It will work if you confiqure your data bank in the registry..I have the full Win 7 registered copy & am running both ATT Communication manager & also if I want to switch I can use the sierra wireless program also.Have both copys on a CD to download if anything is coruppted or the registry gets mixed up.Bene running the two programs back & forth for the last week without any problems.If you know what the strings are & enter them in the registry itll work without a flaw.You'll have to get the info from ATT or sierra to enter them into your registry before itll work.This is a work around that is very touchy because  ATT does not support the Win 7 & will not be untill it is released sometime this late fall of 09.Sierra dos'nt either.This confiquring is called ghosting. or shadowing.
Message 32 of 36
Contributor

The reason you cant use the programs with Win 7 is because either Co. is supporting it.In just plain english there are no drivers for the Win 7 Ultimate Beta or evaluation copy.However you can if you have the right connections & have the right strings to enter into the registry.
Message 33 of 36
Former Moderator

Please stay on topic or start a new thread in Tethering boards

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 34 of 36
Tutor

Good news: Windows 7100 RC has the "Windows XP Mode" virtualization integrated with Windows 7. I tested it by installing ACM, and I was able to acess the internet through the XPM in Windows 7.

Not exactly an ideal solution for everyone, but it works until there is a Windows 7 compatible client released.

Message Edited by Soylent on 05-15-2009 04:28:24 PM
Message 35 of 36
Former Moderator

Re: I'll try to explain.

Thank you for your comments and opinions related to this topic. Due to its original date, this thread is now being closed. Should the OP need additional assistance please feel free to open up a new thread.
Message Edited by Glomag on 05-26-2009 01:19:24 PM

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 36 of 36
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support