FM Radio on Pure and Tilt 2

Scholar

FM Radio on Pure and Tilt 2

Can anyone comment on the FM Radio feature on the Pure or Tilt 2?

Message 1 of 26

Re: FM Radio on Pure and Tilt 2

Remember, FM is 88-108 MHz, the lowest frequency used by our Tilts for other functions is 850 MHz.

Required antenna size for a given gain/pattern is proportional to its wavelength, which is inversely proportional to frequency.

Nearly every other FM device out there uses the earbuds as an antenna, has an external antenna, has an internal antenna but is physically much larger than the T2, or has poor receive performance.

Message 16 of 26
Scholar

In laymans terms, makes perfect sense, this guy is correct, knows what he's talking about........

Remember your walkman, that had an included FM radio?  The attenae for that was your headphones, there was no internal antennae..........

Message 17 of 26

The HTC OE FM Radio application works great on the Tilt 2.  I dont know why ATT saw fit to remove it from ROM.

Here is a link to the cab file. http://rapidshare.com/files/239750180/HTC_FM_Radio.cab

Message 18 of 26

vwauditech wrote:

The HTC OE FM Radio application works great on the Tilt 2.  I dont know why ATT saw fit to remove it from ROM.

Here is a link to the cab file. http://rapidshare.com/files/239750180/HTC_FM_Radio.cab

The FM Radio was also removed from the Fuze.  I suspect that because the function requires a wired headset (which does not come with the phone), the application was removed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Message 19 of 26
Teacher

So what's the difference between this one and the one the comes on the Tilt 2?
Message 20 of 26
Professor

hidden_dragon wrote:

vwauditech wrote:

The FM Radio was also removed from the Fuze.  I suspect that because the function requires a wired headset (which does not come with the phone), the application was removed.

AT&T did add the FM radio in the Fuze ROM update. The Pure does have an FM radio with the stock ROM. I wonder why the Tilt 2 does not?!Smiley Surprised
Message 21 of 26
Teacher

Dude, what are y'all talking about the Tilt 2 has FM Radio in the Stock ROM? 
Message 22 of 26
Scholar

Taken from the Tilt2 features list:

Additional Details
Camera
Camera
Resolution
3.2 megapixels
Zoom
4X
Music
Music player
Supported music formats
MP3
AT&T Mobile Music
Streaming Radio
Built-in FM Radio
MusicID - Identify songs you're listening to
Create music playlists
External music play controls
Message 23 of 26
Teacher

Dude, what are y'all talking about the Tilt 2 has FM Radio in the Stock ROM! (Blasted Tilt 2 keyboard) I listen to the radio twice a day during work.
Message 24 of 26

does anyonw knwo what the deal with BTFM.exe? is it bluetooth FM or does bt stand for something else? the app is found in teh windows folder of the tilt 2 stock rom.
Message 25 of 26
Highlighted
Tutor

I just tried the stylus in the headphones jack on the HTC Tilt2 adapter.  It didn't blow up my phone!  Reception is poor but in a strong signal setting, it should work just fine.  

My question is, WHO the heaven (since I can't use the other more appropriate word...seems to me that you should allow ell if you allow eaven...I mean, you can't have one without the other!) ever thought of trying this in the first place?

Message 26 of 26
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support