Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 20, 2012
6:27:00 PM
View profile
FAMILY MAP:

why oh why does FamilyMap say " the user of the phone has declined or revoked ... blah blah blah.  Then I delete the phone I am tracking and try to readd and it says the 'no other phones on this account;  -  DANG it is just the two of us and the other phone has not revoked it just disappeared.

why oh why does FamilyMap say " the user of the phone has declined or revoked ... blah blah blah.  Then I delete the phone I am tracking and try to readd and it says the 'no other phones on this account;  -  DANG it is just the two of us and the other phone has not revoked it just disappeared.

FAMILY MAP:

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2012 8:10:58 AM
(0)
Contributor

Having the same issue. My daughters phone was on the family map listing and then there was a message saying rights have been revoked. I went into account settings and allowed phone and then tried to add using Family Map and the phone is not there to select. Is there a delay between the two systems?

ATT help us here........

Having the same issue. My daughters phone was on the family map listing and then there was a message saying rights have been revoked. I went into account settings and allowed phone and then tried to add using Family Map and the phone is not there to select. Is there a delay between the two systems?

ATT help us here........

Re: FAMILY MAP:

2 of 5 (2,865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2012 12:48:27 PM
(0)
Expert

Vacker1229 wrote:

Why oh why does FamilyMap say " the user of the phone has declined or revoked ... blah blah blah.  Then I delete the phone I am tracking and try to readd and it says the 'no other phones on this account;  -  DANG it is just the two of us and the other phone has not revoked it just disappeared.

This would be due to the user not accepting the request for addition to the AT&T Family Map feature.

You can manage the phone numbers associated with your AT&T FamilyMap through the Privacy settings for each wireless phone number. Once a locatee requests inclusion on your FamilyMap, you can add their phone number to your FamilyMap from the FamilyMap Controls page.

Multi-line accounts with the FamilyMap feature can track other lines on the same account without being required to approve requests for inclusion on your FamilyMap.

Manage FamilyMap Settings

1. Log in to myAT&T.
  2. From the myAT&T tab at the top of the page, hover over the Wireless link and select AT&T FamilyMap Settings under the Enhanced Services heading.
  3. Select Manage AT&T FamilyMap Settings. This will only be viewable if you have a pending or approved locatee request on your account.

After adjusting your Privacy settings, you will be able to review your changes prior to finalizing them. A confirmation page will indicate that the changes to your Privacy settings were successfully made.

For more information about Location Based Services, and other popular tools such as AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless, AT&T Internet Parental Controls, and AT&T U-verse TV Parental Controls, refer to: AT&T Smart Controls.

Source

Vacker1229 wrote:

Why oh why does FamilyMap say " the user of the phone has declined or revoked ... blah blah blah.  Then I delete the phone I am tracking and try to readd and it says the 'no other phones on this account;  -  DANG it is just the two of us and the other phone has not revoked it just disappeared.

This would be due to the user not accepting the request for addition to the AT&T Family Map feature.

You can manage the phone numbers associated with your AT&T FamilyMap through the Privacy settings for each wireless phone number. Once a locatee requests inclusion on your FamilyMap, you can add their phone number to your FamilyMap from the FamilyMap Controls page.

Multi-line accounts with the FamilyMap feature can track other lines on the same account without being required to approve requests for inclusion on your FamilyMap.

Manage FamilyMap Settings

1. Log in to myAT&T.
  2. From the myAT&T tab at the top of the page, hover over the Wireless link and select AT&T FamilyMap Settings under the Enhanced Services heading.
  3. Select Manage AT&T FamilyMap Settings. This will only be viewable if you have a pending or approved locatee request on your account.

After adjusting your Privacy settings, you will be able to review your changes prior to finalizing them. A confirmation page will indicate that the changes to your Privacy settings were successfully made.

For more information about Location Based Services, and other popular tools such as AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless, AT&T Internet Parental Controls, and AT&T U-verse TV Parental Controls, refer to: AT&T Smart Controls.

Source

3 of 5 (2,854 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2012 7:37:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

I did all this.  But sometimes it says revoked, then I cannot add them cuz it says they don't exist.  Then an hour later they do exist then I readd them.  then it says revoked, it is a vicious circle of revoked, phone doesn't exist, then it does then revoked.  this process is bull!!!!!  when I finally get the phone onto familymap they are home already, this constant can't locate/revoked is ridiculous!!!!  Fix it or I will end it !!  

I did all this.  But sometimes it says revoked, then I cannot add them cuz it says they don't exist.  Then an hour later they do exist then I readd them.  then it says revoked, it is a vicious circle of revoked, phone doesn't exist, then it does then revoked.  this process is bull!!!!!  when I finally get the phone onto familymap they are home already, this constant can't locate/revoked is ridiculous!!!!  Fix it or I will end it !!  

4 of 5 (2,824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2012 12:12:02 PM
(0)
Expert

You will want to make sure that the user of the phone is not declining the request for inclusion of being located by the application., if that dont work then a call to customer care when you have that phone would be in order.

And no I am not a AT&T Mobility employee nor do I play one on T.V or on the forums, but i did sleep at a Holiday inn express last night.

You will want to make sure that the user of the phone is not declining the request for inclusion of being located by the application., if that dont work then a call to customer care when you have that phone would be in order.

And no I am not a AT&T Mobility employee nor do I play one on T.V or on the forums, but i did sleep at a Holiday inn express last night.

5 of 5 (2,819 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments