F160 and Predictive Text

Contributor

F160 and Predictive Text

How do I permanently turn off the T9 or predictive text feature on the F160 cell phone?

Message 1 of 3 (2,793 Views)
Guru

Re: F160 and Predictive Text

http://www.wireless.att.com/support/tutorials.do?tutorialsCategory=Text+Messaging-SMS&tutorialId=876...

Text input options are located to the left of the space key, that's what it says in the first part. Hope this helps to turn of T9 predictive text.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (2,765 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: F160 and Predictive Text

Sorry for the double post, I was new to the forum and didn't find the categories until after I had posted to general. Now for your answer . . .I read the section that you linked to prior to posting. Looking at the keypad layout where do you see the "space key"? In messaging the key to the left of the one used (also "0" key) brings up symbols. On the other hand if I try this when not in texting it will give me an asterisk or star. I can go into Abc mode by using the # key but have to do it EVERY time. So I'm back to square one. 

Message 3 of 3 (2,754 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.