Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 28, 2008
2:23:29 PM
F.A.Q.-Messaging
Edited by Quicksilverlava on May 4, 2008 at 6:48:44 AM
I'm starting this thread because I am getting frustrated at all of the posts about the same issue! Please, take a look below, and see if your question has been answered. If it has, please don't post a reply. If It hasn't please start a new thread. This is meant to be a FAQ section only; However, If you have an FAQ, by all means please post it below (in the Q/A format already used) and I will add it to this list.  

Thanks,
QSL.

EDIT: In an effort to keeep this thread alive, near the top for people to see, you may post your questions below, and I will answer them as possible. PLEASE read the already stated FAQ BEFORE posting! Thanks!  

Q: Will my messaging plan be active immediately after I put it onto my account?

A: Generally, yes, it will be. This goes for adding the plan yourself from the OLAM. The only time it WILL NOT be active immediately is when you tell the CSR (Customer Service Rep.) to hold off until the beginning of your next billing cycle.

Q: I get an error when trying to download a picture message to my phone. Help!

A: It sounds like there is no multimedia message feature on your account or you have no internet (Even Pay As You Go) enabled. Give CS (Customer Service) a call and have them check on it for you.

Q: I have messed up my message center number! How can I change it back?
A: The common message center number is +13123149810. If this doesn't work, try giving CS a call.

Q: Is it possible to get copies of my past text (SMS) messages E-mailed/mailed/sent to me in any form?
A: Not without a court order. If you have one, act fast as the messages are deleted every 72 hours from the AT&T servers, or you can purchase 3rd party software, such as
RADAR  or Mobile-Spy, and install it on the phone whose texts you want to have emailed to you. Google "forward text messages from phone to parent" (or some version of that) and you will get some hits.

Q: I am able to recieve receive, but cannot send any?
A: Please make sure the message center number is correct. +13123149810. (Make sure the "+" sign is in front of the numbers.

Q: I have a messaging plan, but am unable to receive MMS (Picture/video) messages!
A: You need to have MediaNet enabled in order to send/receive MMS. Call CS to enable it. You will not be charged data unless your text/MMS exceeds 300kb.

Q: Does Unlimited Text include IM, Picture, Video?
A: Yes, it does.

Q: Is the Unlimited Text plan really unlimited?
A: Yes! You can text anyone however you want, no matter the carrier!

Q: Does the Unlimited text family plan cover all lines, or just one?
A: It covers all lines on your family plan for $30/month. If you just want a single line, its only $20/month!   

Message Edited by Quicksilverlava on 04-29-2008 02:29:19 PM

Message Edited by Quicksilverlava on 04-29-2008 02:29:25 PM

Message Edited by Quicksilverlava on 05-04-2008 09:48:44 AM
I'm starting this thread because I am getting frustrated at all of the posts about the same issue! Please, take a look below, and see if your question has been answered. If it has, please don't post a reply. If It hasn't please start a new thread. This is meant to be a FAQ section only; However, If you have an FAQ, by all means please post it below (in the Q/A format already used) and I will add it to this list.  

Thanks,
QSL.

EDIT: In an effort to keeep this thread alive, near the top for people to see, you may post your questions below, and I will answer them as possible. PLEASE read the already stated FAQ BEFORE posting! Thanks!  

Q: Will my messaging plan be active immediately after I put it onto my account?

A: Generally, yes, it will be. This goes for adding the plan yourself from the OLAM. The only time it WILL NOT be active immediately is when you tell the CSR (Customer Service Rep.) to hold off until the beginning of your next billing cycle.

Q: I get an error when trying to download a picture message to my phone. Help!

A: It sounds like there is no multimedia message feature on your account or you have no internet (Even Pay As You Go) enabled. Give CS (Customer Service) a call and have them check on it for you.

Q: I have messed up my message center number! How can I change it back?
A: The common message center number is +13123149810. If this doesn't work, try giving CS a call.

Q: Is it possible to get copies of my past text (SMS) messages E-mailed/mailed/sent to me in any form?
A: Not without a court order. If you have one, act fast as the messages are deleted every 72 hours from the AT&T servers, or you can purchase 3rd party software, such as
RADAR  or Mobile-Spy, and install it on the phone whose texts you want to have emailed to you. Google "forward text messages from phone to parent" (or some version of that) and you will get some hits.

Q: I am able to recieve receive, but cannot send any?
A: Please make sure the message center number is correct. +13123149810. (Make sure the "+" sign is in front of the numbers.

Q: I have a messaging plan, but am unable to receive MMS (Picture/video) messages!
A: You need to have MediaNet enabled in order to send/receive MMS. Call CS to enable it. You will not be charged data unless your text/MMS exceeds 300kb.

Q: Does Unlimited Text include IM, Picture, Video?
A: Yes, it does.

Q: Is the Unlimited Text plan really unlimited?
A: Yes! You can text anyone however you want, no matter the carrier!

Q: Does the Unlimited text family plan cover all lines, or just one?
A: It covers all lines on your family plan for $30/month. If you just want a single line, its only $20/month!   

Message Edited by Quicksilverlava on 04-29-2008 02:29:19 PM

Message Edited by Quicksilverlava on 04-29-2008 02:29:25 PM

Message Edited by Quicksilverlava on 05-04-2008 09:48:44 AM

F.A.Q.-Messaging

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2008 6:57:09 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on Apr 28, 2008 at 7:25:15 PM

A: You must have a data plan, even if it is PAYG. *For blackberries you must have a BB connect plan.

Suggested correction:

A: Not without a court order. If you have one, act fast as the messages are deleted every 72 hours from the AT&T servers.

Suggested correction:
A: {add} Or you can purchase 3rd party software, such as RADAR  or Mobile-Spy, and install it on the phone whose texts you want to have emailed to you. Google "forward text messages from phone to parent" (or some version of that) and you will get some hits.

Message Edited by csp_gp on 04-28-2008 10:25:15 PM

A: You must have a data plan, even if it is PAYG. *For blackberries you must have a BB connect plan.

Suggested correction:

A: Not without a court order. If you have one, act fast as the messages are deleted every 72 hours from the AT&T servers.

Suggested correction:
A: {add} Or you can purchase 3rd party software, such as RADAR  or Mobile-Spy, and install it on the phone whose texts you want to have emailed to you. Google "forward text messages from phone to parent" (or some version of that) and you will get some hits.

Message Edited by csp_gp on 04-28-2008 10:25:15 PM
Posted from my Samsung Captivate

Re: F.A.Q.-Messaging

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (2,099 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2008 11:30:08 AM
(0)
Scholar
Thanks! Added to/Edited the list.