Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 22, 2008
9:49:00 AM
View profile
Extra Loud Ring Tone Required
I purchased a Samsung Sync cell phone for my 88 year old uncle but he has trouble hearing the phone ring even at the highest setting.

Is there a ring tone I can get and install on his phone to assist him with hearing the phone ring ?  Are there any other items I can get for him to help him enjoy the cell phone at his advanced age ?  The phone is difficult for him to use sometimes and he gets frustrated with it but enjoys the opportunity to talk with his family and friends when he wants to.

Thanks for your time.
Jerry

I purchased a Samsung Sync cell phone for my 88 year old uncle but he has trouble hearing the phone ring even at the highest setting.

Is there a ring tone I can get and install on his phone to assist him with hearing the phone ring ?  Are there any other items I can get for him to help him enjoy the cell phone at his advanced age ?  The phone is difficult for him to use sometimes and he gets frustrated with it but enjoys the opportunity to talk with his family and friends when he wants to.

Thanks for your time.
Jerry

Extra Loud Ring Tone Required

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2008 12:14:19 PM
(0)
Expert

forehand222 wrote:
     Thanks for your time.
Jerry

I do not know if this will help or not, but it may. LINK

forehand222 wrote:
     Thanks for your time.
Jerry

I do not know if this will help or not, but it may. LINK

Re: Extra Loud Ring Tone Required

2 of 3 (8,948 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2008 8:15:33 PM
(0)
Contributor
If you are familar with a computer, there is a free program called Audacity. You may take any song and amplify it. Then there is another program called Lame (Downloaded from the same site) this will allow you to take the ringtone you have created and convert it to an MP3. You may then put the created ringtone onto the phone via USB or Bluetooth. It is a much simplier process than it sounds like it is. They have it for all popular OS. This is the link for Windows.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

If you are familar with a computer, there is a free program called Audacity. You may take any song and amplify it. Then there is another program called Lame (Downloaded from the same site) this will allow you to take the ringtone you have created and convert it to an MP3. You may then put the created ringtone onto the phone via USB or Bluetooth. It is a much simplier process than it sounds like it is. They have it for all popular OS. This is the link for Windows.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

Re: Extra Loud Ring Tone Required

3 of 3 (8,837 Views)