Extra $5/month charge on my Go Phone

Tutor

Extra $5/month charge on my Go Phone

I have a Go Phone - have had it for years.  Recently I started getting charged $5/month.  I tried to find out what it was and my account history shows it as "Ring Tones/Answer Tones/Games".  I don't remember subscribing to this (doesn't mean I didn't) - can you tell me what exactly this is and what it is for?  Thank you!!

Message 1 of 7
Scholar

Re: Extra $5/month charge on my Go Phone

I used to have that charge appearing also. On the 22nd of each month. I called customer service and they put a purchase blocker on which stopped it from appearing ever again. I think I accidently clicked on one of the ads that appear on the MediaNet homepage. Even though I hit the BACK button before the screen changed, I guess the transaction had already gone thru.

Message 2 of 7
Mentor

You may check that, go to www.att.com/db

Message 3 of 7
Tutor

I finally got hold of a real person today.  He cancelled my "subscription" although he couldn't really tell me what it was for.  Then switched me to a cheaper plan (which is nice) and added a new $5/month charge for 10MB of data.  I asked him to be sure that none of this would effect my ability to check my email.  He said it wouldn't.  But of course now I get a message that I need to subscribe (for $5 a month) to get my emails.  If he'd just told me that was what it was for in the first place, I'd have left it alone.

So does it make sense that I need to resubscribe for $ 5/month to get mobile email AND $5/month to get Internet access?  Or ??   Any guidance will be appreciated!

Message 4 of 7
Master

If you use at&t's Mobile E-Mail client to get your e-mail (rather than just using web based e-mail from the browser), you may have "upgraded" to their current "faster, better" version that comes with a $5/month subscription fee. Smiley Sad  If that's the case - then you will have to pay both for the e-mail client subscription and the data usage package.  (Many of the newer devices come with this newer version of the Mobile E-Mail client pre-installed.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 7
Tutor

That makes a lot of sense - thank you!

Message 6 of 7
Master

rpoling wrote:

That makes a lot of sense - thank you!

You're welcome. Smiley Happy  Depending on the e-mail service you use, you might want to consider just using a webpage access to it from your browser (instead of the Mobile E-Mail application) to eliminate the additional $5/month subscription fee.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support