Extra $5/month charge on my Go Phone

Tutor

Extra $5/month charge on my Go Phone

I have a Go Phone - have had it for years.  Recently I started getting charged $5/month.  I tried to find out what it was and my account history shows it as "Ring Tones/Answer Tones/Games".  I don't remember subscribing to this (doesn't mean I didn't) - can you tell me what exactly this is and what it is for?  Thank you!!

Message 1 of 7 (1,036 Views)
Scholar

Re: Extra $5/month charge on my Go Phone

I used to have that charge appearing also. On the 22nd of each month. I called customer service and they put a purchase blocker on which stopped it from appearing ever again. I think I accidently clicked on one of the ads that appear on the MediaNet homepage. Even though I hit the BACK button before the screen changed, I guess the transaction had already gone thru.

Message 2 of 7 (1,016 Views)
Mentor

You may check that, go to www.att.com/db

Message 3 of 7 (1,009 Views)
Tutor

I finally got hold of a real person today.  He cancelled my "subscription" although he couldn't really tell me what it was for.  Then switched me to a cheaper plan (which is nice) and added a new $5/month charge for 10MB of data.  I asked him to be sure that none of this would effect my ability to check my email.  He said it wouldn't.  But of course now I get a message that I need to subscribe (for $5 a month) to get my emails.  If he'd just told me that was what it was for in the first place, I'd have left it alone.

So does it make sense that I need to resubscribe for $ 5/month to get mobile email AND $5/month to get Internet access?  Or ??   Any guidance will be appreciated!

Message 4 of 7 (1,006 Views)
Master

If you use at&t's Mobile E-Mail client to get your e-mail (rather than just using web based e-mail from the browser), you may have "upgraded" to their current "faster, better" version that comes with a $5/month subscription fee. Smiley Sad  If that's the case - then you will have to pay both for the e-mail client subscription and the data usage package.  (Many of the newer devices come with this newer version of the Mobile E-Mail client pre-installed.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 7 (995 Views)
Tutor

That makes a lot of sense - thank you!

Message 6 of 7 (991 Views)
Master

rpoling wrote:

That makes a lot of sense - thank you!

You're welcome. Smiley Happy  Depending on the e-mail service you use, you might want to consider just using a webpage access to it from your browser (instead of the Mobile E-Mail application) to eliminate the additional $5/month subscription fee.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 7 (975 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.