External keyboard for Captivate?

Contributor

External keyboard for Captivate?

Can anyone recommend a decent plug-in keyboard for the Captivate? 

Message 1 of 5 (1,370 Views)

Re: External keyboard for Captivate?

Quick search shows a lot of options. Having not tried any, I can't and won't comment. Seems though, it is an easy bluetooth pairing between keyboard and phone. Have a look:

http://iwansusanto.com/bluetooth-qwerty-keyboard-for-samsung-captivate-and-vibrant-galaxy-s-series.h...

That is just the first one that showed up on a search. Again, no idea if it works, works well, or even designed to last. But it takes just a bit to find things, just need to look.  Smiley Happy  Now, if you know of a docking station to hook an external monitor, lan cable, and mouse and keyboard to one, that I would love.

Message 2 of 5 (1,340 Views)
Contributor

Thanks, circuitdragon, for your help.  I may go for the keyboard you found on your search, though I'm still curious is anyone has paired one with a Captivate.  It seems some people have had trouble pairing this particular keyboard with some phones. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,174 Views)
Professor

I would suggest talking to Samsung before you buy anything. According to this page, the Captivate doesn't have the HID bluetooth profile.

Message 4 of 5 (1,164 Views)

Max69 wrote:

I would suggest talking to Samsung before you buy anything. According to this page, the Captivate doesn't have the HID bluetooth profile.

I think that would be very good advice. Looking in to the one I posted more, it does not say it wants the HID, but instead is using SPP (new to me), but still, I have not been able to see any listing of this for the Captivate either. So, though I highly doubt that this is not possible for the phone to do, the real question is just which devices will work correctly with the phone. Sadly, it seems up to the same company that can not seem to update their own devices, to provide "possible" insight to this.

Message 5 of 5 (1,137 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.