Express Mail with Yahoo Pushes and sends Inconsistently

Express Mail with Yahoo Pushes and sends Inconsistently

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, when I choose to manually send/receive, it says that I have to re-enter my password. This is such an annoyance.

I have an HTC Tilt, and I set up the Xpress Mail through the usual process (downloaded program, entered cell number, entered account name and password, etc.)

Please help me.
Message 1 of 4 (2,588 Views)
Scholar

Re: Express Mail with Yahoo Pushes and sends Inconsistently

After you enter your username and password, does it go away? Or does it keep prompting you over and over so that you never get your email? Do you recieve mail after you enter your pasword?
Message 2 of 4 (2,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
It only asks for my password if I hit send/receive. Otherwise it will send and push but it seems to only check for email and send email, after several hours have gone by. The "push" does not seem to work consistently.

Would I be better off manually configuring the yahoo account and not using Express Mail.

I found the yahoo pop settings, but it says that I need yahoo plus, can anyone confirm this?

I'd prefer to just use the Express Mail, but I need the mail to push consistently. Also, I sent an email earlier, check it an hour after I hit send and it still had not been sent.

I just checked the logs and it seems that there are multiple errors, it seems that the express mail is forgetting my password, help please.

Message Edited by TRICKorDEVICE on 03-04-2008 09:30:20 PM
Message 3 of 4 (2,584 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

That is one of the few benefits of using xpress mail, that you can use your yahoo or hotmail account without having to have the plus service. If you try to setup your yahoo account using your device based email you'll need yahoo plus.
Message 4 of 4 (2,461 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.