Expired contract upgrading to 3gs price?

Teacher

Expired contract upgrading to 3gs price?

I have a expired contract for a 2g iphone and am interested in upgrading to the 3gs.

Do I qualify for the $199 price or do I have to leave at&t and open up a new account?

Message 1 of 10
Scholar

Re: Expired contract upgrading to 3gs price?

No, you will just upgrade to the new IPhone and pay the upgrade price and commit to a new 2-year contract.
Message 2 of 10

I would say YES, you do qualify for the 199 upgrade prices.  Just stop into your local AT&T store when the phone becomes available.
Message Edited by moorepheus on 06-09-2009 01:58:09 PM
Message 3 of 10
Teacher

So is that a yes to I should get the $199 price or a yes to leave and come back?
Message 4 of 10
Teacher

Ok I guess I'll have to wait til it's released and confirm. This would be a nice father's day gift I guess. I'm on the 2g plan so I'm really enjoying the cheaper monthly plan.

Hmmm we'll see how it goes after the 3.0 update.

Message 5 of 10
Scholar

eyeseeyou wrote:
So is that a yes to I should get the $199 price or a yes to leave and come back?

You shouldn't have to leave and come back.  Youngjm has sugested trying store.apple.com and begin the purchase process.  Select the 3GS as a replacement for an existing phone on your plan.  After they verify your information with AT&T, you will see your purchase options.  Happy Father's Day!
Message 6 of 10
Highlighted
Teacher

I went through the store and the options they gave me were starting at $599.
Message 7 of 10
Scholar

eyeseeyou wrote:
I went through the store and the options they gave me were starting at $599.

I'd try AT&T customer service next.  Something doesn't sound quite right.  Maybe the rep can help you get a better handle on your options.
Message 8 of 10

I would say YES. My 2 yrs contract expired on June 4th.. now I am on month to month payment. I am going tomorrow to ATT store to reserve my iPhone 3gs for $199. That simple.. and YES I had to wait 18 months to be able to update to new phone.. so so so tired of people complaining.. READ what U signing for before U start crying.. I WAITED 18 months and did not complain about it even 1 minute.
Message 9 of 10
Master

eyeseeyou wrote:
You are eligible for the upgrade price of $199.   

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support